• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,708 posts in this topic

Hi again --

First, thanks to everyone for the nice comments! It's great to be able to share these books here and see everyone else's as well. To be honest, I never sought out the #12 in NM...always figured that was way beyond my budget and would have been happy with a 9.0 or so. But when opportunity knocks, you have to try to open the door.

Second, to Steve, your books are amazing! :applause: FF 1-5 in those grades is scintillating...are you getting a run together or stopping at these keys? Congrats!

Dan

And FINALLY, the big purchase...which wasn't a purchase.

I actually picked this up in trade -- 33 books and a few superb George Perez FF pages.

Sorry for the crappy pic, but I think it was worth it -- it even has a full CC stamp!

FF12.jpg

Now that I have a #12, I plan to go hard after a couple of the other early FF's in the upcoming Heritage auction. Not too many, but enough to keep the momentum going. Probably get blown out of the water, but hey...the fun's in the hunt.

Thanks for looking!

Dan

That's an insane book, but even more insane is the trade you made for it! Never heard of so many items being traded for one...how did a deal like that come about? Were they all from the same title?

Hi again --

First, thanks to everyone for the nice comments! It's great to be able to share these books here and see everyone else's as well. To be honest, I never sought out the #12 in NM...always figured that was way beyond my budget and would have been happy with a 9.0 or so. But when opportunity knocks, you have to try to open the door.

Second, to Steve, your books are amazing! :applause: FF 1-5 in those grades is scintillating...are you getting a run together or stopping at these keys? Congrats!

Dan

Thanks Dan, but your 12 is just awesome! And my white pager #5 has your name on it :)

Hey James --

To answer your question about the trade, it was indeed all one title (FF) and included many SA and BA copies in super high grade. My trading partner plans to sell the books and keep the art, which is his focus -- he got a gorgeous Perez FF dps from me featuring Galactus. The only reason I moved it to him was

a) I wasn't ever going to see a nicer #12

and

b) he's a good friend and will offer it back to me first if he ever has to sell. (He won't.)

So...lots of books and a major piece of art (and one other page, actually) for the #12. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Dan

Hey James --

To answer your question about the trade, it was indeed all one title (FF) and included many SA and BA copies in super high grade. My trading partner plans to sell the books and keep the art, which is his focus -- he got a gorgeous Perez FF dps from me featuring Galactus. The only reason I moved it to him was

a) I wasn't ever going to see a nicer #12

and

b) he's a good friend and will offer it back to me first if he ever has to sell. (He won't.)

So...lots of books and a major piece of art (and one other page, actually) for the #12. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Dan

Well done, have a good time with friends, and use older stuff to trade for new old stuff that you've been after.

Unlike Sheen, that's a ^^

Thanks, yeah took some effort. #1 is G/VG, but others range in VG+ to F+ cond. I think #2 was most difficult to locate in cond I wanted. Other than #1, they all have offwhite to white pages. The cover and 1st wrap of #2 is cream, but otherwise real nice, except for "20-" and some other small writing in pencil on cover that was erased.

When Christmas arrives I should have funds to my #3

Here is a group shot of my big FF's not as nice as the 9.0 run :cloud9: but my FF#2 is signed by the Super Skrull - i dont think CGC has a label for that yet... :insane:

IMG_1257

.....those are SO nice.....I love the Fine range.....great mylar material. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u