• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,712 posts in this topic

I didn't think I'd win this one.....but my final 15 seconds snipe bid held. It really is a good time to pick up them in 8.0 to 9.0....I think I may have been outbid on this same book a few years ago at 1500.....it went for 2/3s of that today. This book is notorious for dingy color and miscuts/ off-centering.....this one has the full CCA stamp...also unusual with the # 12 probably the only one more difficult. I think James R. has a 9.2 of # 12 that is, to me, the best copy in existence due to it's superior QP. I had thought this 13 was miscut, but it appears that the book is just not square in the well. FF 13 is probably my favorite issue so I apologize if I outbid any of you. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

GORGEOUS book jimbo! I think this is probably my absolute favorite early FF cover. I have it in like a 4.5, but still have it up on display just because I enjoy looking at it.

I'd really like a t-shirt about the same color as the cover with this cover on the front. I tend not to like t-shirts with covers on them, but this one is just so awesome.

Jealous of you guys who play in those 8+ waters on early FFs. :)

I didn't think I'd win this one.....but my final 15 seconds snipe bid held. It really is a good time to pick up them in 8.0 to 9.0....I think I may have been outbid on this same book a few years ago at 1500.....it went for 2/3s of that today. This book is notorious for dingy color and miscuts/ off-centering.....this one has the full CCA stamp...also unusual with the # 12 probably the only one more difficult. I think James R. has a 9.2 of # 12 that is, to me, the best copy in existence due to it's superior QP. I had thought this 13 was miscut, but it appears that the book is just not square in the well. FF 13 is probably my favorite issue so I apologize if I outbid any of you. GOD BLESS...

GORGEOUS book jimbo! I think this is probably my absolute favorite early FF cover. I have it in like a 4.5, but still have it up on display just because I enjoy looking at it.

I'd really like a t-shirt about the same color as the cover with this cover on the front. I tend not to like t-shirts with covers on them, but this one is just so awesome.

Jealous of you guys who play in those 8+ waters on early FFs. :)

It's certainly not the norm for me either.....sometimes I spring for a pretty copy of a favorite. GOD BLESS...

I snagged a couple from an original owner collection at Texas Comic-Con this weekend. They would be much nicer copies without the writing, but got good deals on both.

fantasticfour23.jpg

fantasticfour28.jpg

FF13vf.jpg

This is my favorite FF cover. There's a beautiful TC copy just sold recently on Clink.

I bid on it to a point but then it went to silly money, well at least for me :sorry:

Great book :applause:

Hem… How much silly? hm

Over eight grand, like I said silly money, but then I am not very wealthy (thumbs u

Edited by Bluetooth

FF13vf.jpg

This is my favorite FF cover. There's a beautiful TC copy just sold recently on Clink.

I bid on it to a point but then it went to silly money, well at least for me :sorry:

Hem… How much silly? hm

Over eight grand, like I said silly money, but then I am not very wealthy (thumbs u

That book has two stigmas--it was just a 9.2 mere months ago and anyone in the recent market for that book will remember that, and it has a fugly dust shadow along the top edge. This is by far the lowest total for a 9.4 copy of FF 13--the others all sold for over $12K. The book sold for a record low as a 9.2 as well presumably due to that dust shadow.

RAD6B83D201264_12548.jpg

FF13vf.jpg

Hem… How much silly? hm

That book has two stigmas--it was just a 9.2 mere months ago and anyone in the recent market for that book will remember that, and it has a fugly dust shadow along the top edge. This is by far the lowest total for a 9.4 copy of FF 13--the others all sold for over $12K. The book sold for a record low as a 9.2 as well presumably due to that dust shadow.

RAD6B83D201264_12548.jpg

Its a terrific cover. I agree with you over the dust shadow, and I suppose this is what kept the price down. It won 't be the first TC to be pressed up, and it certainly won't be the last. I've got nothing against pressing per se, but I think its a shame when pedigree books are interfered with. My personal preference is they be left alone, but then I don't buy to make money down the line, so what do I know?

Just curious, I have not seen many copies of FF 13 in person over the years, I seem to remember some having more grayish color than nice blue like the 9.2. Yet other colors like yellow dont seem faded... has anyone noticed this or is it my imagination?

Just curious, I have not seen many copies of FF 13 in person over the years, I seem to remember some having more grayish color than nice blue like the 9.2. Yet other colors like yellow dont seem faded... has anyone noticed this or is it my imagination?

....FF 13 seems to have been printed on a lower quality batch of paper or something. The Blue is produced by little dots of a darker Cyan blue, so when the cover stock yellows, it dulls out the blue. Being printed in December and presumably still on the rack in Spring / early Summer didn't help either. GOD BLESS...

My latest FF pickup. Working on 12 - 29 in 9.2 or better. :wishluck:

FF26.jpg

Nice copy of one of the great early Marvel battle ishes.

Back in '64, to win the cover fight would you have taken the Hulk or the FF plus Avengers? :grin: