• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,717 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone. I had a question. How many of the FF collectors have a complete FF set to current issue? I see alot of people state they are collecting FF #1 to say 100. Or a number they feel is a good place to stop. So how many FF fans still have a sub in a LCS that pulls the new issue of FF for them every month, and have the whole set to present. I can start that club now. :acclaim: Newest issue I have is #604...but I have not gone to get my sub in a bit. Could be a newer one.

I still read it every month. Got 'em all.

In 1991, I had a roommate who was an FF guy, too. I talked him in to going to the KC con. That day, we both bought the last issue we needed to complete our runs.

He still buys every issue, but he hasn't read any new ones for years. He's looking to sell all the non-Kirby stuff and stop the upkeep.

CGC didn't recognize Rocky Mountain back when they first sold. If you see a CGC label with Rocky Mountain on it, it's usually a resub.

DAMN!!! Rocky Mountains have been CPR'd to death apparently! I have 27 RM peds and this is the only one that doesnt have the label designation so id guess the other 26 have all been CPR'd! :o

Send it in for reholdering but then you would loose the pretty sticker. :baiting:

Thanks everyone. I had a question. How many of the FF collectors have a complete FF set to current issue? I see alot of people state they are collecting FF #1 to say 100. Or a number they feel is a good place to stop. So how many FF fans still have a sub in a LCS that pulls the new issue of FF for them every month, and have the whole set to present. I can start that club now. :acclaim: Newest issue I have is #604...but I have not gone to get my sub in a bit. Could be a newer one.

Finish my run a few years back. Still buy dups,upgrades, pence copies etc.

I read my way and completed 1-126. Seemed like a good issue to stop at with a cover recreation of issue one. That was a few years ago. Recently, a buddy of mine had some duplicates from his collection and gave me about 70 issues, including most of the Byrne run. I think sometime in the next year, I'll pick it up again and continue reading through until issue 300. Then I'll see what happens.

I'm doing the same thing with ASM.

The only series I've read from the beginning and still read the new issues as they are released today in the modern age is Daredevil.

I read my way and completed 1-126. Seemed like a good issue to stop at with a cover recreation of issue one. That was a few years ago. Recently, a buddy of mine had some duplicates from his collection and gave me about 70 issues, including most of the Byrne run. I think sometime in the next year, I'll pick it up again and continue reading through until issue 300. Then I'll see what happens.

I'm doing the same thing with ASM.

The only series I've read from the beginning and still read the new issues as they are released today in the modern age is Daredevil.

....I thoroughly enjoyed the Byrne run....there were a couple of duds but for the most part, they gave me the same thrill the Lee Kirby stuff did....well almost. Highly recommended......Byrne LOVED the FF and it showed. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I've got the whole run in high grade and have all new issues through about a year ago. Aside from the Lee/Kirby and Byrne runs, my favorite is the Waid/Wieringo run from a few years ago, those were fantastic issues.

I've got the whole run in high grade and have all new issues through about a year ago. Aside from the Lee/Kirby and Byrne runs, my favorite is the Waid/Wieringo run from a few years ago, those were fantastic issues.

I was totally ensnared by the Claremont / Pacheco / Larocca period also.....couldn't wait for the next one. GOD BLESS...

P.S. I still have those in a shoe box near the bed.....I feel like it's my mission to ensure that there will be a few VG copies for the future.....saving all the high grade stuff from hopeless redundancy.

I'm working on 1 to the end of the Byrne run. Not sure I'll go past that. the current FF books are part of the few Marvel books I'm getting new. But I've sold off some of the recent stuff -- particularly the bulk of the JMS run.

I've got no desire to go after the 90's FF right now.

I'm working on 1 to the end of the Byrne run. Not sure I'll go past that. the current FF books are part of the few Marvel books I'm getting new. But I've sold off some of the recent stuff -- particularly the bulk of the JMS run.

I really enjoyed the Claremont stuff......you might find them in dollar boxes. GOD BLESS....

I really enjoyed the Claremont stuff......you might find them in dollar boxes. GOD BLESS....

Love the dollar boxes! :cloud9:

Page 3 is NOT acceptable.....we're ALL fired. Got this from Joe (Heresy).....and it's a beaut from the Edenwald collection. It looks like a small ink smudge on the back cover kept this as only 8.0......small ink smudges can be your friend :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

FF28-fEDENWALD.jpg

I plan to complete the entire run. The tough part is first dozen issues... Currently have 1, 4, 5, 6, 14

Nice start! I was a dope and FF #1 was my last. FFs 4,5, and 6 are the cream of that earliest crop!

I plan to complete the entire run. The tough part is first dozen issues... Currently have 1, 4, 5, 6, 14

Nice start! I was a dope and FF #1 was my last. FFs 4,5, and 6 are the cream of that earliest crop!

.....and the game is afoot.....GOD BLESS...

Issues # 6 is my favorite story from the early group. #4 is biggest key to me as Subby is my fav Marvel Character followed by Wolverine and IronMan.

I was reading them again last night... just love kirby art and layout. The newer comics dont have the same appeal as early silverage - the true golden age of comics!

I am pointing to complete the collection, sooner or later. I still miss a good part of the earliest issues (lowest I have is #3), and I started buying them selectively in the last 15 years, because it was more a pain on my side than enjoyment seeing the characters so badly handled.

In the end, I think Pacheco had the required background/awareness to write them, and did a great run, Straczynski did about decently.

The editorial policy of Marvel in more recent years have become almost totally inconsistent to me, and most writers aren’t concerned at all about the characters.