• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,699 posts in this topic

Just got this..... FF #11 CGC 5.0 This gives me a complete FF set to current. This took a long time to complete! :acclaim::acclaim::acclaim:

2012-05-29085854.jpg[/img]

:headbang: :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

AMAZING accomplishment! This is probably my grail run right now. I expect it will take me another 5-10 years to complete, if I ever do.

Just got this..... FF #11 CGC 5.0 This gives me a complete FF set to current. This took a long time to complete! :acclaim::acclaim::acclaim:

2012-05-29085854.jpg

....NICE 5.0......hard not to like one of the first 13 "big logo" FF's......GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I keep forgetting to post this but got it last month from our very own drummy (worship)

I dont even collect or really even like FF's but i just cant pass up a nice Pedigree anymore. I officially need a Pedigree intervention :screwy:

FF47.jpg

Weird! I was doing some organizing today and happened to look at this book and realized that on the label and the top label, it doesnt have the Pedigree designation??? It has the sticker obviously and when i look at the registry, it says its a Rocky Mountain Ped but no label designation. I guess just a mistake by CGC and another one to throw on the re-holder due to label error pile (shrug)

CGC didn't recognize Rocky Mountain back when they first sold. If you see a CGC label with Rocky Mountain on it, it's usually a resub.

DAMN!!! Rocky Mountains have been CPR'd to death apparently! I have 27 RM peds and this is the only one that doesnt have the label designation so id guess the other 26 have all been CPR'd! :o

CGC didn't recognize Rocky Mountain back when they first sold. If you see a CGC label with Rocky Mountain on it, it's usually a resub.

I believe CGC started recognizing the pedigree part way through C-Link auctioning off the runs. Some of the runs had the pedigree notation from the time it was first certified.

But also, if you sent a RM book to CGC for re-holdering and the cert number matched up, CGC would add the pedigree notation to the label. So many of them are just new slabs, not re-subs.

I believe CGC started recognizing the pedigree part way through C-Link auctioning off the runs. Some of the runs had the pedigree notation from the time it was first certified.

But also, if you sent a RM book to CGC for re-holdering and the cert number matched up, CGC would add the pedigree notation to the label. So many of them are just new slabs, not re-subs.

Yea--didn't mean to imply they were mostly pressed. I think Josh himself sent a lot to be reholdered to get the designation on there.

:cloud9:

2012-05-29180813.jpg[/img]

Wow!!! Nice group shot!!!! :applause:

As time goes by, it gets more difficult to put together a run like that. :golfclap:

It's the GA collector in me that really appreciates a nicely presenting mid-grade set; well-done, Baf! :headbang:

Yea--didn't mean to imply they were mostly pressed. I think Josh himself sent a lot to be reholdered to get the designation on there.

Man, if they had to pay the re-holder fee, thats a LOT of moolah to shell out to get the label designations! :o

I wasn't clear as to whether Josh bought those books or the original owner consigned them--I thought it was a consignment, in which case Josh probably convinced the OO to pay for the reholdering. Either way it was probably worth the cost.

:cloud9:

2012-05-29180813.jpg[/img]

Nice looking Set!! Also congrats on completing your run. It feels good to have them all. :cloud9:

Thanks Bro! Took a long time to finish and it feels great getting the last one! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Years ago I never thought I would complete FF, that and Amazing always seemed way to expensive to get them all. But it was worth the wait!