• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,399 posts in this topic

The boards seem a little slow these days. Are you guys actually working at work???

First up is a real hard to find Speed Comics #26. A great American flag/Nazi cover. These Speeds in the number 20's seem real hard to find.

comspeed26_zpse5895ca3.jpg

Speaking of Speed Comics, here is another very unusual item. Now, if you thing the comics are hard to find, try locating one of these. This is the Shock Gibson Speed Comics membership kit. I've seen a few of the pinbacks but this is the only complete kit I know of. The cover reproduction is slightly oversize and blank on back. For some reason, this stuff does not appeal to most comic collectors. I feel they go hand in hand and are an interesting extension to the comics themselves.

speedcomicskit_zps800e91b5.jpg

The boards seem a little slow these days. Are you guys actually working at work???

First up is a real hard to find Speed Comics #26. A great American flag/Nazi cover. These Speeds in the number 20's seem real hard to find.

Speaking of Speed Comics, here is another very unusual item. Now, if you thing the comics are hard to find, try locating one of these. This is the Shock Gibson Speed Comics membership kit. I've seen a few of the pinbacks but this is the only complete kit I know of. The cover reproduction is slightly oversize and blank on back. For some reason, this stuff does not appeal to most comic collectors. I feel they go hand in hand and are an interesting extension to the comics themselves.

Sweet!!!! Love the later Speed covers!

They sure appeal to me!

Great cover on that Speed. I'm trying to think of another 1945 cover showing U.S. and Soviet troops. I'm not sure there is one. (Of course, the history is a bit off since U.S. (and British) troops were not near Berlin when it fell to the Soviets.)