• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My White Mountain Quest

570 posts in this topic

Does anybody know what happened to the Pre-Hero White Mountains? I havent seen any for sale anywhere (shrug)

Well, I do know what happened to most of the Winnipeg pre-heros... :whistle:

Spill the beans, AtlasFan! :baiting:

They be right here with me! I picked them up in the early 90's from Mr Joe Krolik of Comics America. After many faxes and phone calls, I took most of the HG pre-hero off his hands. Thanks Joe...where ever you are!

Bill

Does anybody know what happened to the Pre-Hero White Mountains? I havent seen any for sale anywhere (shrug)

They be right here with me! I picked them up in the early 90's from Mr Joe Krolik of Comics America. After many faxes and phone calls, I took most of the HG pre-hero off his hands. Thanks Joe...where ever you are!

Bill

Cool (thumbs u

It sounds like are much happier with your transaction with Mr Krolik than I was with my one and only.

Bill

Cool (thumbs u

It sounds like are much happier with your transaction with Mr Krolik than I was with my one and only.

Please, do tell... My transaction netted out alright, but it was not all peaches & cream.

I posted this one recently in the Pre-Hero thread, but since its also a WM, I will post it here...

This is a great cover, with a really dynamic splash page. A Two-Headed Thing!

Oh, this is one of the lesser White Mountian copies (damn you Marvel Chipping!), but super WHITE pages.

ST_95.jpg

ST_95_splash.jpg

According to the White Mountain authority that is Jim McCallum, the X-Men #1 is an 8.5 PLOD due to the cover being cleaned.

BTW... Jim wants to know why your azz isn't on the train heading to the con for lunch, person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag. :baiting:

According to the White Mountain authority that is Jim McCallum, the X-Men #1 is an 8.5 PLOD due to the cover being cleaned.

BTW... Jim wants to know why your azz isn't on the train heading to the con for lunch, person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag. :baiting:

lol Missed the train + lunch, but glad I finally caught up with you guys! Nice to meet you + I'll keep an eye out for those NL X-men (thumbs u

lol Missed the train + lunch, but glad I finally caught up with you guys! Nice to meet you + I'll keep an eye out for those NL X-men (thumbs u

:hi:

Nice to meet you this afternoon.

Just saw this (thumbs u Looks like some GREAT books (worship) Wonder what the #1 graded?

Sweet.

Those look really pretty :cloud9:

there were multiples of some books?

There are definitely multiple instances of duplicate WM books.

:hi:

Nice to meet you this afternoon.

Likewise my friend! Meeting you, Nik + Dr Watson + catching up with Jim/cgcworld + adamstrange were the best parts of the day :headbang:

Likewise my friend! Meeting you, Nik + Dr Watson + catching up with Jim/cgcworld + adamstrange were the best parts of the day

It was so brief! :cry:

Wish I had been able to arrive earlier in the day.

there were multiples of some books?

Sporadically there are duplicate WM's all over the place.

I already own this #9

WMX-Men9.jpg

so I won't have to go for the one up for auction

and this #5 has been graded for years

WMX-Men5.jpg

Jim

Where and when did you pick it up?

Y'see thats the problem...it was so long ago (early 90s) that I dont rightly remember...It may have been from Harley...I'm hoping that one of you WM scholors might be able to trace the WM WOF down...

thanks,

Bill