• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,554 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2022 at 2:53 PM, MB1952 said:

33D22B02-3115-4E32-B56E-F8A89C332E01.jpeg.8c59b6f6a50cbf29491dfbf0dca1cbea.jpeg

to me the Beauty frame on the right side of Scott Campbell it’s Matt Baker pencils ✏️ 

Kamen maybe inks. Kamen did ink Baker pages early on. 

Perhaps this is a Kamen/Baker collaboration with Baker pencils and Kamen inks.  

On 7/19/2022 at 9:33 PM, Point Five said:

Saw this one pop up on ebay and had to mannup. These late-run Diary Secrets have been on my want list for years and I've never managed a single one until now. The only DS #27 sold on Heritage was back in 2007!... yeah, that's a pretty tough book. Beautiful, evocative Baker cover; wish the condition were a bit better but I dig the colors for sure. 

diarysecrets27.thumb.jpg.917433428cb7ddd34470621ccad20160.jpg

What did it go for?

On 7/20/2022 at 9:21 AM, Ryan. said:

Giordano.

Art of Glamour says Baker with Colletta inks. Man looks like interiors of Charlton and Atlas books from this period credited to Baker.

But hey, maybe they got it wrong (:

The guy in the background could be Baker. The couple in the foreground doesn't look like Baker at all. Colletta janked up plenty of pencils with bad inks but I doubt he would redraw full characters, as his goal was to do less work, not more.

On 7/20/2022 at 6:24 AM, sagii said:

Art of Glamour says Baker with Colletta inks. Man looks like interiors of Charlton and Atlas books from this period credited to Baker.

But hey, maybe they got it wrong (:

On 7/20/2022 at 6:34 AM, Ryan. said:

The guy in the background could be Baker. The couple in the foreground doesn't look like Baker at all. Colletta janked up plenty of pencils with bad inks but I doubt he would redraw full characters, as his goal was to do less work, not more.

Man in the background looks like typical later Baker style so I would give it a very high probability of being Baker.  The man and woman in the foreground look like Colletta much more than Baker but perhaps very heavy inks by Colletta over some Baker pencils?