• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,897 posts in this topic

On 4/1/2022 at 11:30 AM, Bearcatcoach said:

Before I purchased the aforementioned collection I wanted to get a better look at the comics with a higher value (when spending serious $$$ who wouldn't) so what better issue to start with than an Avengers #1! 

The bag was VERY tight, an old mylite from days of yore...anyway, got it out with a little effort...back cover look decent so pretty happy.

However, when attempting to put the comic back I just didn't feel comfortable so I told the gentleman that if he had an extra bigger bag he may want to put it in that...he said that it was no problem to put it back in and proceeded to jam it in and.....well, the result is in the pic. :pullhair:

Needless to say when I looked at other issues of value I put the comic back in the bag from that point out.....

20220328_214352.jpg

Frustrating, but the owner's books, so what are you gonna do?  Reminds me of an auction I went to years ago where the auctioneers and their assistants were tossing comics around carelessly.  What does this say, Amazing Spider-Man #3, toss it this way Brad.   A handful of us were cringing in silent horror....now I look back and laugh.  lol 

Edited by spreads

On 4/9/2022 at 11:12 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I found this for $1.

There were more movie/poster comics, but this is the only one that I knew had some following, as I have a slab of it.

Let me know if I should go back for the joker/mask, Aquaman/free willy, teen titans/lost boys, Harley Quinn/Elvis, Batman/matrix, superman/billandted, and several others?

IMG_20220409_120837951.jpg

Purple Rain, purple rain

Patrick

On 4/12/2022 at 5:56 AM, spreads said:

Nice grab.  What I would do is, send him a thank you card now for his time and the comics, and include a gift card to a restaurant or coffee shop.  It doesn't matter if they say they don't want any money, they'll appreciate the gesture. 

What I would do is pass it forward to someone else random. Sounds like he did him a favor taking the worthless box of comics :wink:

Edited by littledoom

On 4/12/2022 at 12:51 PM, littledoom said:

What I would do is pass it forward to someone else random. Sounds like he did him a favor taking the worthless box of comics :wink:

But in the card you leave a note, saying you would appreciate any referrals, etc.  One of my best antique store scores was when I saw a pile of crud comics from a seller that I had no interest in, and by being courteous and professional he gave me a tip that the antique store in town had comics.  It turned into quite the plunder....everything for a buck, I found five copies of SSM 64 (among many others).....

I see people on Facebook bemoan never finding any good deals or not believing that a collector would ever dump their collection for a few hundred bucks.  To some people it really isn't about the money, they just don't want to throw the stuff away and they don't want to give it away either so if they get $550 then it feels like a win....without turning liquidation into a part time job.