• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,897 posts in this topic

I always feel awkward going up to check out garage sales. No good idea why. My loss...

Lot's of times I just scream from the car window, "Got any comics?" Surely that makes thing less awkward.

From this morning :

No brainer!

deadpool.jpg

I also found this awesome Superman Club Kit from 1980 this morning. Complete with original envelope, iron-on, membership card, sticker, book cover, Daily Planet, KILLER poster and more. It set me back a whopping $5!

100_3949.jpg

Very nice! :applause:

Just picked these up this morning.

Found them at a fleamarket. Dealer was the original owner. He said he picked them up when he was in the service and stationed in CA. Said they were never read. Books look really nice!!

He has some others I may go back and pick up later.

I have them up for sale over in the "Moderns " section. Make me an offer.

Amazing Spiderman 298

298front.jpg]

Amazing Spiderman 300 COPY A

300Afront.jpg]

Amazing Spiderman COPY B

300Bfront.jpg]

Went yard saling with the girlfriend this morning and most were duds. But the last one we stopped at i scored pretty big. Here's what i found...

Only one comic related item, too bad about the condition though.

100_3462.jpg

A fawcett detective mag from 1948

100_3457.jpg

And about 25 books from 1897to 1950. Here's the best out of the bunch. I was pretty excited to see the wreck of the circus because to my understanding, it's a tough one to find.

100_3458.jpg

And this is the thing that gave me that rush of finding something cool at a yard sale. And 50 cents, there was no way this wasn't coming home with me.

100_3459.jpg

It has the original label inside of it too, here's a couple close up pics...

100_3460.jpg

100_3461.jpg

The label says...

W. A. Gaines & Co. Distillers Frankfort, Kentucky

On and after September 1st, 1892, all Old Crow Whiskey bottled by us will be sold under this label. We guarantee the whisky contained in this bottle to be genuine old Crow when sold under our unbroken seal.

F.W. Hunt &Co. Boston, Mass

And on the bottom of the bottle it has imprints stating the last sentence above.

Any bottle junkies here? Would you happen to know anything about this bottle? Age, Worth? I havn't dwelled to much into bottle but my g/f's grandpa is a bottle collector so i bought it for his birthday.

Went yard saling with the girlfriend this morning and most were duds. But the last one we stopped at i scored pretty big. Here's what i found...

Only one comic related item, too bad about the condition though.

100_3462.jpg

A fawcett detective mag from 1948

100_3457.jpg

And about 25 books from 1897to 1950. Here's the best out of the bunch. I was pretty excited to see the wreck of the circus because to my understanding, it's a tough one to find.

100_3458.jpg

And this is the thing that gave me that rush of finding something cool at a yard sale. And 50 cents, there was no way this wasn't coming home with me.

100_3459.jpg

It has the original label inside of it too, here's a couple close up pics...

100_3460.jpg

100_3461.jpg

The label says...

W. A. Gaines & Co. Distillers Frankfort, Kentucky

On and after September 1st, 1892, all Old Crow Whiskey bottled by us will be sold under this label. We guarantee the whisky contained in this bottle to be genuine old Crow when sold under our unbroken seal.

F.W. Hunt &Co. Boston, Mass

And on the bottom of the bottle it has imprints stating the last sentence above.

Any bottle junkies here? Would you happen to know anything about this bottle? Age, Worth? I havn't dwelled to much into bottle but my g/f's grandpa is a bottle collector so i bought it for his birthday.

Nice pick up on the bottle. I would guess that the bottle dates from about the time of the label. Late 1800's. It appears to be a molded glass bottle (there appears to be a seam lime where it was molded) instead of blown glass and the fact that it has the lettering on the bottom of the bottle. Definitely a nice piece for display in you grandad's collection. Sorry I have no estimate on value.

My wife got the word out some time ago that I collect comics. She has spies out for me everywhere a lot of the ladies she works with loves to go to yard sales. Whenever one of them comes across comics they give her a call. Most of the time it's just beat up 90's marvels but sometimes not so bad. These are the General Electric comics funny thing there is almost two sets one with staples and one without. If any one knows anything about them I would appreciate any info. Think they are early 50's

2012-07-07_13-36-09_625.jpg

2012-07-07_13-36-54_916.jpg

2012-07-07_13-37-27_776.jpg

2012-07-07_13-37-45_980.jpg

Oh and I picked up some moderns too :banana:

Jot these two items at a estate sale yesterday

3e29272e.jpg

e28aa9ac.jpg

01763a6a.jpg

0e7d8f9c.jpg

Btw the wife made me put the footlocker in the laundry room for now :(

Waddya mean "the wife made me"? :makepoint:

I pulled a sizeable Gobots and MASK toy collection yesterday for a very good price. Once I get some pictures, I'll upload them here. Being a hardcore G1 Transformers fan, I was surprised that there are some interesting Gobots.

Pat

I pulled a sizeable Gobots and MASK toy collection yesterday for a very good price. Once I get some pictures, I'll upload them here. Being a hardcore G1 Transformers fan, I was surprised that there are some interesting Gobots.

Pat

I was part of the small minority that liked the gobots more than the transformers. Cy-Kill, cop-tur, and even a Honda scooter (forgot the name.) :cloud9:

Edited by Dungeon

Picked up a small board game lot off craigslist for $5. Main target was Battleground: Crossbows & Catapults. I played the original as a kid and have been looking for one for a while. Just didn't want to drop the $50-80 on this one nor the $60-100 on the classic version. Good find!