• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,841 posts in this topic

Didn't want to start a separate thread, so thought I'd post here. I picked this up at a garage sale a few weeks ago.

ultspiderman1FCBD_zpss2tzlmsb.jpg

p><p> The inside says it

That is the Mad Engine promotional.

From mycomicshop: Mad Engine Variant/No Free Comic Book Day Logo. It does identify as the FCBD edition in the indicia, but not on the front cover. NOTE: This variant is a 32 page partial reprint of Ultimate Spider-Man #1 - the original story had 48 pages. The Mad Engine Edition is believed to be a promotional item only available with purchases from the Marvel Apparel Line licensed through Mad Engine. Both of the Mad Engine Variants (FCBD COVER LOGO and NO LOGO) can easily be identified by the presence of the Mad Engine ad on the back cover instead of the Pop Tarts ad used for the regular FCBD edition. Also, the Mad Engine FCBD Editions have better paper stock and glossy covers whereas the regular FCBD edition had newsprint paper stock and cover.

That's a nice find if you didn't pay a lot for it.

Thanks for the info Flying Donut. That helps a lot. The prices sellers are asking for this book are all over the place. I picked this book up along with some other comics. I think I paid $1.00 for it. So anything I can get for it will be a profit. Unfortunately it's only about a fine. Although the copy that sold for $90 looked to be around the same grade.

I found this today at a flea market.never seen it before but my gut told me to buy it. Any info on it?

image.jpg1_zps6s69objr.jpg

The diamond ones are supposedly rare. I'm sure valiantman or RMA can confirm. The other not so much

Seems like a homerun to me especially if you're a valiant fan

Nice job

Unity Diamond Backs. :cloud9: Most Valiant collectors have a set, they usually go for around $100-150 a piece, with number two being a little bit more of a premium over 1 (it's a bit tougher to find). The print runs are 500-1000 each.

And if you sell them you should list them as a set, they sell better than listing them individually because there's far more buyers looking for a set than just 1 or 2.

Hey. Books are still out there. Guy called me out of the blue to come and look at his stuff. He had a pile of old Marvels. Including this

amazingfantasy015.jpg

We're working out the details.

:headbang: Wow. I hope you can work out something that is mutually beneficial.

Hey. Books are still out there. Guy called me out of the blue to come and look at his stuff. He had a pile of old Marvels. Including this

amazingfantasy015.jpg

The garage sales/flea markets/antique malls I go to never have books like that...

The garage sales/flea markets/antique malls I go to never have books like that...

Yea, usually a lead on an old Spidey goes like this:

Yea, I have some really old Spider-Mans! The dates and issue numbers look like they were some of the first made!

Then I show up to this:

s-l300_zpsjksixfnr.jpg

Edited by ygogolak

Yea, I have some really old Spider-Mans! The dates and issue numbers look like they were some of the first made!

Then I show up to this:

s-l300_zpsjksixfnr.jpg

lol That';s what I thought too. He had all of those...and the real one.

Also had early Fantastic Fours, including a coverless 1, a nice 5, a 48, 50, and 52. None high grade, but solid mid-grade Marvel keys.

Then I show up to this:

s-l300_zpsjksixfnr.jpg

lol That';s what I thought too. He had all of those...and the real one.

Also had early Fantastic Fours, including a coverless 1, a nice 5, a 48, 50, and 52. None high grade, but solid mid-grade Marvel keys.

Persistence pays off

amazingfantasy015.jpg

Amazing! (no pun intended)

Presents beautifully... tough to tell from the pic but looks VG+ish with no chipping...?