• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

On 5/20/2022 at 12:23 PM, alexanderjk said:

QC 5/20

TAT for two-comic Standard submission (no press):

rec’d 5/12

SFG 5/16

G/E/I 5/17

QC 5/20

shipped 5/23

So if I receive by end of this week, total TAT from when I dropped books off at USPS is about 22 days (or 17 from when received at CGC). Paid for it though! 

On 5/23/2022 at 12:23 PM, Flatliner1313 said:

Mine received 04/01 is still in G/E/I.  So it seems wildly inconsistent. Mine has been in G/E/I since before yours was even received. 

I assume you mean economy? Or standard?

On 5/22/2022 at 11:29 PM, NumminzAK said:

Yup…set it and forget it for about a year and a half at this rate. Im disgusted at this company for having to wait truly about a year and a half for CCS and Grading. I was unaware of private pressers when I made my first submission…if demand is this high for your product, increase your workforce and thereby increase revenue…this is insane,

I could absolutely use another pressing service; I know of a few. . For me though however, It's more economical to send right to the source. It's a pain in the rear end for sure but they're may other options out there. . I feel your pain man 

On 5/23/2022 at 4:29 PM, JollyComics said:

Wait a minute.   Mine was received on March 18 but you are ahead of me.  CGC makes no sense at all.

People have noted this sort of thing before. The common theory is that you are assigned to a grader, and they work at different paces or have days off along the way. 

On 5/23/2022 at 2:30 PM, gadzukes said:

Slow Economy 8/11/21 = Still SFG

Before the false alarm (hope), I predicted all Economy books (whole month of August 2021) are shipped in last week of June to 2nd week of July.  Bird may be right about all books will be shipped in August to September.  It sucks.

On 5/23/2022 at 5:17 PM, JollyComics said:

Bird may be right about all books will be shipped in August to September.  It sucks.

I am just making those dates up, no science just pulled them out of the air

Yes, I expect TATs to hold but then again, I expected that at 202 or whatever it was last month

On 5/23/2022 at 4:28 PM, Bird said:

Yes, I expect TATs to hold but then again, I expected that at 202 or whatever it was last month

Make it up or not.  I intend to believe you than our own CGC customer service! Their timearound is slipping away.

On 5/23/2022 at 5:45 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

:gossip: so far the faster graders seem to the ones people have been questioning their ability.  

Wondered why many super nice books are ended up at 8.5 or 9.0 instead of 9.4 to 9.8.  Maybe the graders bet each other for being fast graders.  Just a theory.

On 5/23/2022 at 5:28 PM, Bird said:

According to "Business Insider" Ordering a new Tesla takes 10 months from order date to delivery. 

Think about this...... you order a Tesla and they start building the car from scratch.  10 months later you get it.  

Order a submission of "slow economy tier" comics to be graded and it might take a year (or more).

Now compare what goes into building a Tesla and what goes into grading and slabbing a comic.

Having said this..... I do not want them to rush the grading or the quality control of the slabbing process.  I want a good accurate quality product.  I just think there's got to be a way to improve TATs on Economy

Edited by gadzukes

On 5/23/2022 at 5:12 PM, JollyComics said:

That is lame.

Doesn't bother me in the least. People need breaks (if that is the case), and a week or two either way doesn't make a difference to me when I am submitting books. 

Ok. So my original 4 Terry Austin signing books that came back and 3 had issues , were sent back. They arrived all 3 had puddling, but 1 has more issues than that.  So I talked with CS and they have to forward the issues of the 1 and will have to wait on their response on it, but the other two were shipped out last Thursday and arrived Friday. They were recieved, checked in and now show as SFG. 

20220523_125411.jpg.affc67c0cd898c8172e3ff09a77322a3.jpg