• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2023 at 10:50 AM, AbsoluteCarnage said:

Well guess they're modern but pretty close to copper age. Pure meltdown on a few books I listed a couple weeks ago considering they were ASM 9.8s. 

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 424 CGC 9.8 - WHITE PAGES | eBay

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 422 CGC 9.8 - WHITE PAGES - ELECTRO | eBay

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 423 CGC 9.8 - WHITE PAGES - ELECTRO | eBay

Not sure what that is in USD but probably 11 bucks and change each. Awesome ebay sales lol

Why oh why did you get these graded in the first place? hm And BTW, these are in the wrong thread :whistle: Nothing copper about those books.  :sumo:

Edited by divad

On 5/1/2023 at 1:40 AM, divad said:

Why oh why did you get these graded in the first place? hm And BTW, these are in the wrong thread :whistle: Nothing copper about those books.  :sumo:

Divad  my friend. Been here a long time like you.  They're pretty darn close to copper age. Just giving our friends here a heads up as listing ASM 9.8's isn't what it used to be listing at lower dollars. Love your post tho.

On 4/30/2023 at 12:50 PM, AbsoluteCarnage said:

Market sucks right now

On 4/30/2023 at 12:53 PM, AbsoluteCarnage said:

Definitely a buy market at this point.

That wasn't my experience at the comic show yesterday.  It was my best show ever, by a significant margin.

Glad to hear you did well LazyBoy. Some ppl are doing well in certain venues. Actually seen some pretty high Heritage prices. I should have specified ebay market sucks right now lol. Good stuff tho if you made some good profit. Guess it's just a matter of exposure but back in the day you couldn't list an ASM CGC 9.8 and have it land under 50 bucks type of thing so selling 3 at half the price of grading is absurd ;-)

On 5/1/2023 at 3:54 PM, Lazyboy said:

That wasn't my experience at the comic show yesterday.  It was my best show ever, by a significant margin.

I'm curious how that's even possible.  Did you blow out books at half price compared to E-Bay?  I'm glad you did well but I just don't see how this market could be your best ever.

On 5/1/2023 at 3:29 PM, 1Cool said:

I'm curious how that's even possible.  Did you blow out books at half price compared to E-Bay?  I'm glad you did well but I just don't see how this market could be your best ever.

No, I don't price stuff low. At least not good stuff (and, frankly, not much in general). I did accept some slightly discounted offers, but that's normal and generally accounted for in my prices.

My display rack was largely empty by the end in addition to the empty boxes on the table (well, removed from the table). But my dollar boxes didn't do very well. (shrug)

On 5/1/2023 at 6:14 PM, Lazyboy said:

No, I don't price stuff low. At least not good stuff (and, frankly, not much in general). I did accept some slightly discounted offers, but that's normal and generally accounted for in my prices.

My display rack was largely empty by the end in addition to the empty boxes on the table (well, removed from the table). But my dollar boxes didn't do very well. (shrug)

My con is a month away, which reminds me I should make one last stroll through towards the end to see how much sold. I'll take pics as I have Lord willing in the past, I just hope there is enough business period for them to have some wiggle room on things, if not at first then eventually.

Sounds promising ☺️

Just, I myself might be looking for more copper as well, casuee I'm almost priced out of bronze except perhaps run books. Nothing wrong with that!

And yet the copper is comfortably priced, and if it is indeed at least selling, it might translate to being worthy to pick up myself. Not in a crowd mentality but because brone runs can get tiring, and copper runs have been neglected. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/30/2023 at 1:50 PM, AbsoluteCarnage said:

Don't list books at under 50 bucks or that might happen. Market sucks right now 

Get used to it, the other shoe still has not dropped. As i said here in 2021 and was scoffed at; Bigger the bubble the bigger the bust.

Most of us will not live long enough to see another time when nearly all slabbed books are hot. 

Edited by MAR1979

On 5/1/2023 at 5:14 PM, Lazyboy said:

We discussed this last year in another thread. Depending on the market, you are better off pricing dollar books at guide for shows as they sell well at those prices. Or, go with $5 boxes instead. I know the market here shifted that way just before Covid. 

WRT Copper Age sales, the sellers I talked to at the Calgary Expo last weekend all noted that late Bronze and Copper were flying out of their bins. I sold a bunch of what I put out, including some slabs that were still stickered at last year’s higher prices that I forgot to update. It will be interesting to see if this continues the rest of the year.

On 5/4/2023 at 10:59 AM, kimik said:

We discussed this last year in another thread. Depending on the market, you are better off pricing dollar books at guide for shows as they sell well at those prices. Or, go with $5 boxes instead. I know the market here shifted that way just before Covid. 

WRT Copper Age sales, the sellers I talked to at the Calgary Expo last weekend all noted that late Bronze and Copper were flying out of their bins. I sold a bunch of what I put out, including some slabs that were still stickered at last year’s higher prices that I forgot to update. It will be interesting to see if this continues the rest of the year.

I have done several shows in the past four-five months with priced books and $5 boxes. The $5 boxes are made up of late Bronze and Copper where my cost is - literally - zero so it is free money. They fly. People make big piles.

On 5/10/2023 at 11:38 AM, FlyingDonut said:

I have done several shows in the past four-five months with priced books and $5 boxes. The $5 boxes are made up of late Bronze and Copper where my cost is - literally - zero so it is free money. They fly. People make big piles.

And the beauty of it is that the print runs were so high that they are not difficult to replace.

On 5/10/2023 at 10:38 AM, FlyingDonut said:

And $5 is the new $1 . . . :peace:

On 5/28/2023 at 12:25 PM, whetteon said:
On 5/10/2023 at 5:46 PM, divad said:

And $5 is the new $1 . . . :peace:

Back in my day, it was quarter boxes! :preach:

So the best investment after all these years might have been buying all the worthless books in quarter boxes, storing them, and selling those same worthless books for $5 today. hm