• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ive lost ALL confidence in CGC - UPDATE on page 221
2 2

2,401 posts in this topic

Either:

The book is trimmed and:

They missed it in the walkthrough-PROBLEM

Preferential treatrment was given-PROBLEM

The book is not trimmed and:

They misdiagnosed trim-PROBLEM

Everyone in the building took a look and saw trim-PROBLEM

Which scenario is best for CGC? Worst?

There is no good scenario here. They messed up badly! They damaged their reputation and their brand.

Nah, they will be fine.

Dumb on both the buyer and seller's parts to bring this to the light of day. And people wonder why the Government doesn't tell us squat.

WUT

I thought the comment was pretty self explanatory, not sure how you could be confused. The crapstorm this has and will create is much the same that would happen if people really knew what was going down in the real on a regular basis. Clearer?

I have no knowledge of CGC practices or if high volume customers get special treatment I was just passing on what I have heard a few times on the boards.

I really want to know about this last submitter. It would take a pair to submit the book thinking it had a shot at a blue label.

Not so much, assuming they knew the book's history. If they bought it heavily discounted due to the PLOD, they probably figured the worst that might happen is it comes back a 6.0 PLOD, and maybe they loose a bit in potential value, but the upside is that knowing it was once given a blue label, it could happen again, and even better if it stays a 7.0. The potential profit in FMV well outstrips the potential loss.

I really want to know about this last submitter. It would take a pair to submit the book thinking it had a shot at a blue label.

Not so much, assuming they knew the book's history. If they bought it heavily discounted due to the PLOD, they probably figured the worst that might happen is it comes back a 6.0 PLOD, and maybe they loose a bit in potential value, but the upside is that knowing it was once given a blue label, it could happen again, and even better if it stays a 7.0. The potential profit in FMV well outstrips the potential loss.

Unless its like sufunk's problem, and keeps going down in grade with each submission.

Dumb on both the buyer and seller's parts to bring this to the light of day. And people wonder why the Government doesn't tell us squat.

WUT

I thought the comment was pretty self explanatory, not sure how you could be confused. The crapstorm this has and will create is much the same that would happen if people really knew what was going down in the real on a regular basis. Clearer?

So the buyer and seller are stupid for relaying the results of multiple submissions of the same book, and the subsequent crapstorm is the reason why we can't know what really goes on at CGC?

WUT

WUT

So the buyer and seller are stupid for relaying the results of multiple submissions of the same book, and the subsequent crapstorm is the reason why we can't know what really goes on at CGC?

WUT

:popcorn:

The OP hasn't told us who bought the book, which means Gene Simmons must be the buyer, and the graders at CGC must be huge KISS fans.

That or Chris Hemsworth is the buyer and resubmitted it, and the graders thought"he is the real Thor" so they gave him a better grade and they are a fan of his too..

Nah. Hemsworth would have gotten the blue AND the 7. ;)

:fear:lol..

The only logical solution is to draw genitalia on books you plan to submit multiple times. This way they can't deny remembering a book.

The OP hasn't told us who bought the book, which means Gene Simmons must be the buyer, and the graders at CGC must be huge KISS fans.

That or Chris Hemsworth is the buyer and resubmitted it, and the graders thought"he is the real Thor" so they gave him a better grade and they are a fan of his too..

Nah. Hemsworth would have gotten the blue AND the 7. ;)

:fear:lol..

Chuck Norris would have gotten an 11. And the whole slab would be blue.

Sorry man you got hosed! I have my own issues with CGC, but all I can do is just take it like the rest of us. CGC does what they want regardless.

Until someone or some company comes along and kicks them off the high horse. They have a monopoly on the whole grad thing.

I'm curious to know if the buyer plans to disclose the history to his future buyer if he decides to sell it.

The only logical solution is to draw genitalia on books you plan to submit multiple times. This way they can't deny remembering a book.

I do that anyways.

Sorry man you got hosed! I have my own issues with CGC, but all I can do is just take it like the rest of us. CGC does what they want regardless.

Until someone or some company comes along and kicks them off the high horse. They have a monopoly on the whole grad thing.

This part is up to all of us. PGX trashed their rep, the Vault is still new and I haven't heard of any concrete proof of wrong doing. The problem isn't with CGC in this aspect but rather all of us. For every 10 of us that say, screw CGC lets try the Vault or whatever new company pops up, there will at least be another 10 who best case scenario, don't care and keep going to CGC. People are so used to them that it's next to impossible to dethrone them.

CGC didn't create monopoly, we the consumers gave them one. Someone has a PGX book we laugh and criticize, same thing with the Vault.

We created this, it's our faults. I'm just as guilty, if I wanted a book graded, I go to CGC because people seemingly lose credibility if they don't.

Edited by stanley1883

It's much more likely, given the rules of logik and all the evidences availaible, that Jaimie Alexander walked the book through naked, and the CGC gave it the blue because they are a fan of naked. And that's why the government thinks we're stupid.

Admit it. You graded this book.