• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
55 55

8,622 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2023 at 10:02 PM, 850chris said:

What happened? 

Insinuated I was a dishonest seller by not noting "case issues" with a cgc book which was just purchased. The case is 100% intact. The seam has a bit of white where it is sealed in a few spots which is 100% normal. All cases have some seam variations. I have no issues refunding anyone who is unhappy. But to say i failed to state case problems which don't really exist is a different issue. That is the problem with the buyer. I know I'm not the first he has done it to and I'm sure I won't be the last. Sellers should be cautious dealing with this buyer. Very disappointing!

On 8/2/2023 at 9:14 PM, jbpez said:

Insinuated I was a dishonest seller by not noting "case issues" with a cgc book which was just purchased. The case is 100% intact. The seam has a bit of white where it is sealed in a few spots which is 100% normal. All cases have some seam variations. I have no issues refunding anyone who is unhappy. But to say i failed to state case problems which don't really exist is a different issue. That is the problem with the buyer. I know I'm not the first he has done it to and I'm sure I won't be the last. Sellers should be cautious dealing with this buyer. Very disappointing!

Did he/she ask for a partial refund due to the case?

On 8/3/2023 at 11:07 AM, manetteska said:

Did he/she ask for a partial refund due to the case?

Nope. Demanded an immediate refund! Almost like a knee-jerk buyers remorse type reaction. If the case was indeed damaged in transit, no worries...it happens, happy to work with anyone to get an issue resolved. This was a perfectly fine case with made-up issues. And as we all know dealing on ebay, the buyer is always in the right. 

On 8/3/2023 at 11:40 AM, jbpez said:

Nope. Demanded an immediate refund! Almost like a knee-jerk buyers remorse type reaction. If the case was indeed damaged in transit, no worries...it happens, happy to work with anyone to get an issue resolved. This was a perfectly fine case with made-up issues. And as we all know dealing on ebay, the buyer is always in the right. 

Update. Now has asked for a $25 re-holder fee and want to keep the book. The saga continues...

On 8/3/2023 at 3:36 PM, jbpez said:

Update. Now has asked for a $25 re-holder fee and want to keep the book. The saga continues...

If you read recent posts in this thread, most suggest doing a full return, as the buyer usually backs out. Nothing wrong in giving a reholders fee if you feel it was damaged in transit, but otherwise this has been a guise of buyers to make the book cheaper.

On 8/3/2023 at 4:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you read recent posts in this thread, most suggest doing a full return, as the buyer usually backs out. Nothing wrong in giving a reholders fee if you feel it was damaged in transit, but otherwise this has been a guise of buyers to make the book cheaper.

My exact thought. Seems like a fun game to keep playing! You know the $25 is fine. To ship it back to me will be half of that and then I need to resell. If it ends here, then so be it. Lesson learned. 

On 8/3/2023 at 2:00 PM, jbpez said:

My exact thought. Seems like a fun game to keep playing! You know the $25 is fine. To ship it back to me will be half of that and then I need to resell. If it ends here, then so be it. Lesson learned. 

Did you check if has left negative feedback for sellers in the past? I'd eat the return shipping and force the return because this is the exact ploy they use to milk sellers -- threaten a return, usually for an amount that the seller would consider "an acceptable loss."

This really only applies to people selling Star Wars Books

Buyer: JediKnightSaga (3)

So this is a shill account for a scumbag who is selling Star Wars Books. Got me and another seller selling the same book this weekend. I’m pretty sure I know what seller this shill account belongs to but I won’t say as I have no proof at this time

On 8/10/2023 at 8:33 AM, Mutant Manatee said:

yetr_45   This buyer bid my item up to $500.  It ended yesterday.  Today I received this message from him.  Zero feedback and located in Mexico so I was afraid something like this would happen.

EBAY.jpg

ahh yes, the eBay blue light special layaway plan....

with the payment plan thing, shouldn't they have that option via paypal credit to do what they are wanting to do and avoid interest if paid off by the deadline?

I would still drop them for asking after the fact, but they should have that option with payments

On 8/10/2023 at 12:50 PM, oldbsturgeon said:

with the payment plan thing, shouldn't they have that option via paypal credit to do what they are wanting to do and avoid interest if paid off by the deadline?

I would still drop them for asking after the fact, but they should have that option with payments

I thought of that too, but I have no idea if that PayPal option is available in Mexico, or if this person would qualify.

On 8/10/2023 at 6:33 AM, Mutant Manatee said:

yetr_45   This buyer bid my item up to $500.  It ended yesterday.  Today I received this message from him.  Zero feedback and located in Mexico so I was afraid something like this would happen.

EBAY.jpg

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.zfLd3hWRlN7pvTCax_dt1wHaC6%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=fdf1d3a443cca2ad8709ed6a0fd0647effb4d553e795954a1bedfee169c5ab8c&ipo=images

:D