• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
55 55

8,632 posts in this topic

Add talisman778 to your blocked ebayer lists. 
Buyer was not happy that the 9.4 book he ordered was not perfect! The customer was unhappy that a ‘pleat’ was not added to the listing’s description and was visible in the scan of the book. 

On 6/16/2023 at 4:38 PM, manetteska said:

I'm fine if just the bottom staple is detached; I'm worried he will be more pissed he didn't get his refund and do something more based on the tone of his emails. I would hope if that happens eBay would see that damage not noted in his messages and side with me, but you never know. I am also playing the "what if" game, so I will wait and see what happens.

Yes, here is his additional details in the return request. At this point all I said to him was "send the book back."

image.png.43f1aac616b06a533a9ac74e277f6d33.png

I have already notified eBay of the above message and others; I have yet to receive any Feedback for this item, but I let eBay know out of the gate this guy was screwy in case more goes sideways.

And this separate message. 

93535487-070E-45A6-8445-E02E596EC02B.jpeg.6f68f933671ca8298bb391af299e3710.jpeg

I sold something to this buyer today.  He had made an "offer" and it was auto-accepted; though he hadn't paid for it yet.  I always do a little bit of research on who the buyer is, and I didn't need to scroll down too far within his feedback "Left for Others" page.  I cancelled the deal right away; while contacting eBay (live chat) just to make sure they knew what I was doing.  I blocked him immediately.  

If you go to his page, you'll see 528 positive, 0 negative, 0 neutral, but do just a tinch of digging, and that's where everything comes to light.  How this person can HAVE an eBay account is beyond me.

He's a bad actor.  He's the type that tries to take any advantage, and use it as leverage vs the seller.  Shipping delays, he'll pounce on it.  Something's wrong with the packaging, "empty box delivered" (notice the quotations), etc.  He'll look for any kind of flaw (or one's that aren't even there), and go to work, trying to get a significant discount, or get it for free.  Seeing something that's a 9.4, and feeling that it's actually a 9.0 and needed a % discount; big surprise.  It bleeds out in his writing.  He's almost all threats.  BTW, if you see his page, don't skip over the "positive" comments either, because they're loaded with negative comments too.  If/when he leaves a positive comment - to give the illusion that he's being fair and balanced - it's only because he probably got a killer deal in the first place.  

I just typed in his handle (Google) to see if anything came up, and I found this thread.  Am I surprised?  No. 

Edited by RhinoVsJuggernaut

On 9/25/2023 at 4:52 PM, Motor City Rob said:

Buyer: huwoo_9

Bought the item...paid...and then asked to cancel because they didn't realize auto pay would happen. Not sure what that means. 

Save yourself a headache and block. 

It means used to you could bid in an auction, and when it was over choose how you want to pay, and now it is when the auction is over it pays it automatically with whatever payment method is default.

While you can do what you want, it has been mentioned in the eBay thread, and I only mention it because the buyer didn't know and evidently neither do you.

I could see how it would be a snag is what I mean, they didn't offer to repay or pay another way? Was it even an auction? 

Things to consider. When claiming an item however auction bin etc, it basically automates it and no longer have two days to pay, it requires immediate payment. Afaik it was discussed mainly if the seller requires immediate payment but that was never hashed out if you could turn it off. @skypinkblu I think was apart of the eBay thread conversation, you might trust her more than I, if I'm remembering correctly.

Hope that sheds light regardless :cheers:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/25/2023 at 5:52 PM, Motor City Rob said:

...didn't realize auto pay would happen. Not sure what that means.

Yeah, sounds like they wanted to buy it, and pay at a later time. EBay's new policy of keeping your payment info on file stepped in and completed the transaction. That wasn't fitting into their cash flow plan, so now they want to back out. Thanks for nothing, eBay. Just more work for Sellers.

On 9/25/2023 at 5:11 PM, Lightning55 said:

Yeah, sounds like they wanted to buy it, and pay at a later time. EBay's new policy of keeping your payment info on file stepped in and completed the transaction. That wasn't fitting into their cash flow plan, so now they want to back out. Thanks for nothing, eBay. Just more work for Sellers.

Thanks for saying the same of what "could be", as in his post it wasn't clear he was aware either.

I've had trepidation because what if you have 2 forms of payment saved: cc and PayPal, but don't realize one is set as default and gets used instead of the one intended.

That would be my thing as idk the default of my own but don't do auctions lol

If it were to be forced on bin too? And not just when as I check out? Cause click of a button would catch me off surprise, if I didn't have to then enter the info fresh. I haven't bought in a while though but have y'all to ask. Idk so many questions, but am broke atm lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

The whole initiative does more harm than good. EBay is so paranoid that someone will leave something unpaid in their cart. Completely contradictory to this new flow, if you go through a "normal" offer/acceptance process, eBay will specifically tell you that your Seller should be paid within 4 days. Pick a lane, eBay!

On the surface, this looks helpful to Sellers, but it can create more work through cancelations, as possibly above.

For Buyers, there is no transparency. Will my card be charged? Which one? When? Where can I look up exactly what eBay has loaded up and ready to fire? Makes it impossible to get a handle on payments. When it comes to money, this situation is untenable. Buyers will prefer to not play Russian Roulette, and instead shop elsewhere. 

On 9/26/2023 at 8:42 AM, Mutant Manatee said:

The "require immediate payment" option is something that the seller can turn on or off when they create the listing.  It only applies to Buy It Now.

ebay.jpg

Ebay rolled out a change where you have to load your payment info to bid or offer, so those are becoming immediate payment, too.

For the past 2 years at least, even listings without immediate payment have been brought directly to checkout, ignoring the setting. EBay wants your money NOW.

Question (hopefully not an obvious or dumb one lol): I am an eBay buyer as well as a seller--if I paste this list into my 'blocker user' list, will it let me know if I come across a seller who is on the list, so I know not to purchase from them? If so, would it inform me just being on their page or only when I went to purchase something? Thanks in advance!

On 9/29/2023 at 3:43 PM, Nsschenks said:

Question (hopefully not an obvious or dumb one lol): I am an eBay buyer as well as a seller--if I paste this list into my 'blocker user' list, will it let me know if I come across a seller who is on the list, so I know not to purchase from them? If so, would it inform me just being on their page or only when I went to purchase something? Thanks in advance!

None of the above AFAIK 

It only keeps them from being able to purchase from you specifically... they can still visit your page and all the other, but keeps you from being obligated to go through with selling to them. They can't claim nor bid.

Again AFAIK 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/29/2023 at 4:43 PM, Nsschenks said:

No, unfortunately eBay has never developed a Blocked Seller List, or a way to exclude a particular seller's listings.  You can do an Advanced Search to Exclude sellers in the results, but that is a bit clumsy to do every time.  You could SAVE the search with the Exclusion(s), and run it over and over without having to set it up every time.  To my knowledge, that's the best you can do, or to keep your own list handy and refer to it frequently. 

Also, if you have a problem with a seller, you could message them and ask them to put you on THEIR Blocked Bidder list, so that you will be blocked instead of accidentally buying more from them. Chances are, if you had a problem, you're on their list already.

It's easy to lose track or forget eBay Seller usernames. Especially if a long time has elapsed. I've almost done it myself, re-purchased from a Seller I didn't want to, but caught it at the last second.

Edited by Lightning55

On 9/29/2023 at 4:43 PM, Nsschenks said:

Your best bet and a rule I follow before making any purchase is to check their feedback. Problematic sellers usuall have multiple negative and neutral reviews that detail what the problem is although this option is abused by some buyers, sometimes this can be obvious sabotage but that;s up to you to decide

luerh70

eBay Manga seller. 6.5K items sold.

I'm selling and a few minutes after I listed some manga he messaged me to ask if I'll be selling any other manga.

Mildly annoying, why not just click "see seller's other items"... probably fishing for some off eBay deals before I list my next lot... but who knows... I gave him a short list of the Manga I'd listed and he came back with an offer of $15 for $54 in listings... some "Buy it Now" that are listed to not have "or best offer".

At that point I blocked them.

They are fishing eBay to get stock for their massive eBay store and they are doing it by lowballing other sellers. 

My prices were below average, good deals, I'm pricing to sell quick.  I checked and their giant store is full of premium prices. 

Nothing criminal, maybe not even immoral.  But annoying and parasitic.

Starts out as an innocent too-good-to-be-true find but then a TMNT-expert board member finds out the seller attempted to scam buyers with faked Twitter messages from Eastman himself. Listing has already been canceled (possibly after the board member caught it). Up to you if you want to block but I wouldn't want to deal with someone that might be trying to scam others. eBay user in question: superman131313

sonofalbert

Says things came damaged - whatever - but says he is "texting" me and I'm not responding. Dude, you're not "texting" me because you don't have my phone number. I'm not sure what you're doing. I gave him a refund but I told him to never buy from me again.