• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
55 55

8,642 posts in this topic

Jsa-wh-co

Immediately after winning, contacted me to let me know his son had bought the book, not him, and obviously he wouldn’t have bought it due to the condition. I hear this lie about kids and accidental purchases a few times a year. Maybe it’s the same kid? Anyway, block away.

On 11/22/2023 at 4:34 PM, F For Fake said:

Jsa-wh-co

Immediately after winning, contacted me to let me know his son had bought the book, not him, and obviously he wouldn’t have bought it due to the condition. I hear this lie about kids and accidental purchases a few times a year. Maybe it’s the same kid? Anyway, block away.

lowercase "j" here for those blocking

On 11/23/2023 at 7:08 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

lowercase "j" here for those blocking

Thanks, stupid autocorrect on the phone thwarts me again!

I've been blocked by a few eBay comic stores just for inquiring about having a discount via combined shipping, since I live in Canada. Apparently, they don't have the time to waste their breath on normal folk who just want to save some money.

But what bothers me more is eBay not informing me that I've been blocked, and not removing all of their listings from my searches. It's just so stupid.

On 11/7/2023 at 12:57 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

eBay will only cover you if you ship to the address they provide for you on the shipping label, even when the buyer messages you giving you documented proof of the address change request eBay will NOT cover you.

The buyer can call eBay and have it changed, and then it will update in their account and then ultimately the shipping label will reflect the change.

Not true, someone did that to me that recently moved, long time eBayer and hundreds of positive feedback. I called eBay and they told me that if he sent me a message asking to ship to a new address that it would be covered as there is proof? I did go above and beyond and sent a text message to the buyer and asked him to verify the purchase and confirm the shipment. He kindly replied and confirmed it.

On 11/22/2023 at 3:34 PM, F For Fake said:

Jsa-wh-co

My response would be something along the lines of:  "Thanks for the heads up, sorry your son is doing this, I imagine it's embarrassing and frustrating.  I will let the other Ebay dealers on the comic book forums know to block your account, so this doesn't keep happening.  Hope this helps."

On 11/24/2023 at 11:49 PM, Nick Furious said:

My response would be something along the lines of:  "Thanks for the heads up, sorry your son is doing this, I imagine it's embarrassing and frustrating.  I will let the other Ebay dealers on the comic book forums know to block your account, so this doesn't keep happening.  Hope this helps."

You could also add "You're welcome ", or "No need to thank me."

On 11/24/2023 at 11:01 PM, Buzzetta said:

Heh... I sent this the last time that happened back in April of 2020. 

image.png.b5e07412fb1e4bb9085b42bd52c40e1e.png

That's beautiful.  Poor guy, not only did a trusted family member hack his Ebay account, but the little deviant got his Paypal as well!  Good that you had his back.  It takes a village!

On 11/23/2023 at 12:20 PM, stormflora said:

I've been blocked by a few eBay comic stores just for inquiring about having a discount via combined shipping, since I live in Canada. Apparently, they don't have the time to waste their breath on normal folk who just want to save some money.

But what bothers me more is eBay not informing me that I've been blocked, and not removing all of their listings from my searches. It's just so stupid.

Same here. I've been blocked by Ebay sellers who think that OSPG offers are "low balls" or that stained, torn and sun-faded books are not FN/VF lol. Which getting blocked by a butt-hurt seller is fine, I just wish they'd filter out results to make it easier not to patronize that seller.

On 11/25/2023 at 9:56 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Same here. I've been blocked by Ebay sellers who think that OSPG offers are "low balls" or that stained, torn and sun-faded books are not FN/VF lol. Which getting blocked by a butt-hurt seller is fine, I just wish they'd filter out results to make it easier not to patronize that seller.

I haven't even bothered with haggling down the price of these sellers that blocked me yet. I only sent them a message to ask about combined shipping and whether it would be possible to cut me a slight break if I bought multiple comics. But nah, they think I'm wasting their breath, when in reality they acquired these comics for dirt cheap and still make a profit either way. Whatever, they can sit on them for another decade.

Edited by stormflora

On 11/25/2023 at 8:21 AM, stormflora said:

I haven't even bothered with haggling down the price of these sellers that blocked me yet. I only sent them a message to ask about combined shipping and whether it would be possible to cut me a slight break if I bought multiple comics. But nah, they think I'm wasting their breath, when in reality they acquired these comics for dirt cheap and still make a profit either way. Whatever, they can sit on them for another decade.

Yeah, blocking someone over shipping or multiple line discount seems over-the-top. Anything regarding price is a simple yes/no reply, I don't understand the mentality of people whining about being low-balled or asked about shipping discounts.

Here's a freebie response that can be cut and pasted into your message - for to anyone who hates lowball offers in this time of massive comic value downturn:

"Sorry, I can't go that low."

*clicks send*

Life goes on, saving a seller from punching their pet parakeet out of frustration.

On 11/25/2023 at 11:33 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Yeah, blocking someone over shipping or multiple line discount seems over-the-top. Anything regarding price is a simple yes/no reply, I don't understand the mentality of people whining about being low-balled or asked about shipping discounts.

Here's a freebie response that can be cut and pasted into your message - for to anyone who hates lowball offers in this time of massive comic value downturn:

"Sorry, I can't go that low."

*clicks send*

Life goes on, saving a seller from punching their pet parakeet out of frustration.

Yeah, exactly. Just say no. Don't need to be an AH and condescend. It's eBay. Things are being sold used, second-hand.

Edited by stormflora

On 11/25/2023 at 10:46 AM, Buzzetta said:

Consider this response under the following or similar conditions. 

• Recently Sold AVG = $500
  • Your List Price = $450
  • Offer comes in at $25
  • Response:  "I am sorry but I could not accept that even if I had a meth habit to support."

I would say the seller should put a threshold on his offer. Is that really a "low ball"? That's more like a "Please Donate To Me" offer.

The example is valid, as well. For me, I've never offered more than 10% off from previous sale - but on Ebay, the place is rife with sellers asking 50-80% more than previous sale or OSPG on books. Not key books, but just your run-of-the-mill stuff.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 11/25/2023 at 12:50 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I would say the seller should put a threshold on his offer. Is that really a "low ball"? That's more like a "Please Donate To Me" offer.

The example is valid, as well. For me, I've never offered more than 10% off from previous sale - but on Ebay, the place is rife with sellers asking 50-80% more than previous sale or OSPG on books. Not key books, but just your run-of-the-mill stuff.

To be fair, it's kind of on the buyer to comparison shop and ignore sellers who upcharge items. It's obvious that these people who overcharge will almost never cut down their price by much, so trying to haggle with them would only waste both parties' time.

There's a reason why Best Offer is an available feature, and people aren't typically supposed to negotiate via contact. But asking for combined shipping discounts is a perfectly valid inquiry.

On 11/25/2023 at 1:42 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

If something is priced as the lowest currently available on eBay and someone offers 50% of that price, that's a waste of the seller's time (as short as it is to decline an offer). I wish I had that kind of time to just waste by offering unrealistic prices to sellers on eBay

I've learned (with my experience on Facebook Marketplace) to simply report, block, and move on when it comes to lowballers. I don't even entertain them with a response.

Edited by stormflora