• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CGC make an official statement?

500 posts in this topic

I better understand your point of view now. I still disagree, but I get where you're coming from :thumbsup:

That's the best anyone could ever hope for with opposing viewpoints. :)

Am I still clearly wrong, though...? hm

;)

When should we expect that the Ebay banner ads and affiliate links will disappear? Pretty soon we'll see CBCS books there as well.

Same for every auction house that advertises here.

Saw the my first CBCS book on ebay today

Ooo, thanks D! I'm gonna go look...

Auction houses can have exclusive contracts signed. I imagine CGC is going after those contracts now, if they don't already have them.

More auction houses will pop up though, but they can easily be ignored on this site.

What can't be ignored, is IF some day the highest price realized for a comic is slabbed in a holder we're not allowed to mention on this site. A historic sale that can't be talked about on this site. Something like that could (and has) made national news. There's no way to erase it from the internet.

IF something like that happens, what good is a census that doesn't reflect it? What good is an auction house that won't sell it? Temporarily, things can work this way. Long term maybe and maybe not. Depending on the success of others in the industry. At a certain point Marvel has to acknowledge DC exists.

When should we expect that the Ebay banner ads and affiliate links will disappear? Pretty soon we'll see CBCS books there as well.

I can't find it.

Blowie, HELP!!!

:cry:

+1

Also, CGC canned it because of the conflict of interest it was going to create (they had more of a problem with this back then).

What happened to that conflict of interest?

The same conflict still exists for many people. Because of the efforts made to separate Matt's company (CCS) from CGC, they believe they've created enough of a wall between the two.

There was a public outcry when it was being originally considered, and the idea was removed.

Matt was actually the original innovator of pressing for the masses -- many of the "big names" in comics wanted to keep the process under wraps, but Matt is the one who brought it to the public.

Joey to his credit, didn't keep his operation small. He in fact became the Pepsi of pressing. But make no mistake that CGC wanted (and got) Matt, as Matt is still considered the best out there.

I can't find it.

Blowie, HELP!!!

Giant Size X-Men 1 9.4 -- and I think it sold already -- so look in completed

I can't find it.

Blowie, HELP!!!

Completed listings. There's a big one on there

I can't find it.

Blowie, HELP!!!

Found it. Thanks!

Oh no! One of the first CBCS books, and it says "not CGC"

Tacky, tacky, tacky.

:(

I can't find it.

Blowie, HELP!!!

Link.

I can't find it.

Blowie, HELP!!!

Link.

Not sure if I'm liking the style of the label.

as Matt is still considered the best out there.
I think Matt is excellent and has done some amazing work for me in the past. However I don't think he presses every book that passes through CSS. I know when a book is sent to Susan Cicconi, she presses it. She's actually been restoring and pressing books before anyone ever heard of Matt Nelson. Kenny leaf casts the books for CSS, Susan does all her own Work. Matt is good, but in terms of raw talent, he runs a distant second to SC when it comes to anything involving handling a comic book, including pressing.

I can't find it.

Blowie, HELP!!!

Link.

So it wasn't flyingdonut.... hm

He in fact became the Pepsi of pressing.

hm

Maybe I can become the RC Cola of pressing.

...but I'm probably more like Coke Zero.

:whee:

Nehi.

I can't find it.

Blowie, HELP!!!

Link.

That was so yesterday's news. And last time I checked neither GPA nor GoCollect had recorded the sale on their sites.

This thread will go poof for sure now.

It was a observation of a fact (1st ever eBay sale) not any kind of endorsement.

:wishluck:

Nice looking book and the slab appears to be clearer than CGC. I also like the additional info on the back.

Now if the “new company” can slab a book without puddles and cockles right out of the gate then it says a lot about their slabbing process and QA … much better.