• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,137 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2023 at 10:51 AM, batmiesta said:

Really? I have books that look a lot worse and you can actually see that they do, but graded higher. (shrug)

I am going over a 25 book CGC vintage economy invoice now.

IMO they are more loose than tight on most of these books.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

I haven't sent in anywhere near the books you have, so I don't class myself an expert, but I fealt better about this box than any other I have sent in, just goes to show you...I know :censored: all.:tonofbricks:

On 4/9/2023 at 5:22 AM, batmiesta said:

I haven't sent in anywhere near the books you have, so I don't class myself an expert, but I fealt better about this box than any other I have sent in, just goes to show you...I know :censored: all.:tonofbricks:

I wouldn't necessarily say that. The ineptness of CGC (including their graders) is well documented.

On 4/8/2023 at 9:45 AM, batmiesta said:

Can someone please tell me why this is a 8.0? I have 9.6s that don't look this good, this is not a 8.0, really deliberating about ever sending anymore books in, WTF is going on at CGC? 

20230408_164025.jpg

20230408_164058.jpg

There's a 1.5 inch crease/crunch at the bottom of the back cover.  Right underneath the little chopper.

On 4/9/2023 at 10:29 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

What are the notes on this one?  The look up tool isn’t working for me right now...

MYOB, Chris

On 3/24/2023 at 10:12 PM, Artboy99 said:

It is also one of the oldest comics ever encapsulated since according to the label it is from 1900.

IIRC, that's what they do when they can't determine the exact publishing date... hm

On 4/9/2023 at 6:29 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

What are the notes on this one?  The look up tool isn’t working for me right now...

The notes say" we hate you and your books, so have this" Seriously though they say this.  very light creasing to cover
very light soiling on cover
very light spine stress lines to cover, and I am pissed. 

Edited by batmiesta

On 4/8/2023 at 1:13 PM, batmiesta said:

I see what you mean, but you can't actually see it in hand, 

Doesn't matter if you can see it.  If it's there, it's there.

Otherwise, missing pages shouldn't affect grade, since you can't see it.

On 4/10/2023 at 12:12 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Doesn't matter if you can see it.  If it's there, it's there.

Otherwise, missing pages shouldn't affect grade, since you can't see it.

Jesus! All I said was I couldn't see it, thanks for the lecture. 

On 4/10/2023 at 7:09 AM, Sigur Ros said:

That word is as fake as the cover.

Mani Facturing is a well know comic book collector who, apparently, previously owned the comic book in question. :facepalm:

On 4/10/2023 at 9:48 AM, mattn792 said:

Far more sought after than books from the collection of his brother, Bill Facturing.

Yes, as well as those of their cousin Art Facturing.

Excuse the crappy photo but I had to get just the right angle to catch all of the white streaks on the back of this slab. This is after sending it back for a reholder and somehow they managed to make it worse. Another book in the reholder was Batman/Harley Quinn which came out a bit better than before but still packed with gunk on the inside of the holder as well.

338759357_616917927032274_5930038303906979153_n.jpg