• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect Event Auction!

794 posts in this topic

I dunno if I should put my Pep 22 up for auction now :ohnoez:

I was thinking the same of mine...but then I wouldn't own a copy!

I wouldn't own a copy at all and likely will not be able to a 2nd time around with how these prices are lol

pep 22 moderate 3.0 is at 30k since its an entry level copy... likethe tec 31 .5

especially pep 22. only 21 cgc copies. 10 unrestored.

also people usually keep them for the long run

the 6.5 is looking like a steal under 100k

I wonder what my 6.5 is worth :grin:

135k ;)

I assume that this is the copy that sold for $111K two years ago. Consignor would appear to have received a decent return even after fees (if there are any).

pep 22 moderate 3.0 is at 30k since its an entry level copy... likethe tec 31 .5

135k ;)

I wish I had an unrestored copy. Mine is restored :sorry:

135k ;)

:takeit:

and I'll take Lauren's too... I mean talk about a restored copy, but what a killer resto job!

135k ;)

Still a great book. Better hold on to it and wait for the Riverdale series:)

I would just hold onto it. So rare and its the first Archie!!!! An amazing book to own.

Well the hammer price was 48,500 for the 3.0 restored. Not what I'd call entry level. 30k for entry level, makes some sense, but nearly 50 K for a moderate restore is bonkers.

I can't help but feel that if the label was purple in color it would have went for no more than 18k. But hey, congrats to the seller.

Time to go nuts buying up purple labels, cracking and resubmitting to CBCS.

I can't help but feel that if the label was purple in color it would have went for no more than 18k. But hey, congrats to the seller.

Gotta disagree with you. No one that bought that 3.0 was fooled by the label color of a competitive grading company. Resto is resto. This is a perfect example of what the market is willing to pay. Would have been the same if someone had given you the 200k you were asking for your copy ... they would have known about and accepted the page quality, not just forked over the cash for a blue label.

Some very strong prices for the MH Masters.

Master #43 CGC 9.4 -- $5755, more than 8X Guide.

Master #49 CGC 9.6 -- $3666, more than 5X Guide

Master #51 CGC 9.2 -- $2409, more than 3X Guide

Master #54 CGC 9.2 -- $2110, more than 3X Guide

I thought it might be the WW II covers driving the prices (#43, #51), but the #54 went for a really strong price too.

I thought I was going in with decent bids, but I didn't even come close except on the #49. So much for a slump in comic prices! :tonofbricks:

I was surprised by these as well. On the 49, GPA has the Crowley copy (9.4) selling for just $478 a few months ago.

Yeah, but the Crowley copy had one of its typical fugly stamps on the cover. Nonetheless, it did get my hopes up for being able to win this copy at a relatively reasonable price.

That said, I did contribute my bit to inflating those prices, although I won only one of the ones you list.

Congrats!

Gotta disagree with you. No one that bought that 3.0 was fooled by the label color of a competitive grading company. Resto is resto. This is a perfect example of what the market is willing to pay. Would have been the same if someone had given you the 200k you were asking for your copy ... they would have known about and accepted the page quality, not just forked over the cash for a blue label.

Then where were these buyers last Aug when the 8.0 ep (purple label) went for only 22k? It just doesn't add up.

The Allentown pedigree Marvel 1 9.4 (NINE POINT FREAKING FOUR) with only SLIGHT resto went for 117k, only 250% more than the moderate 3.0 pep 22. It's straight bonkers.

Even purple label Sup 1's don't even come close to 16k a point.

The lack of purple is the only thing I can think of that could influence that kind of price. edit- ok, maybe not only thing, there's probably other factors(alcohol?) but most blatant thing.

Well the hammer price was 48,500 for the 3.0 restored. Not what I'd call entry level. 30k for entry level, makes some sense, but nearly 50 K for a moderate restore is bonkers.

I agree with you. Those terrible and deceptive CBCS restored labels are a step backward for the hobby, just ever so slightly nudging us back to the time when concealment and obfuscation was the order of the day when it came to restoration disclosure. I know they are just trying to attract submissions, but I personally think their labeling stinks in general and their restoration disclosure in particular to be sketchy. There's a reason why their graded books sell for less than CGC books.

-J.

I agree with you. Those terrible and deceptive CBCS restored labels are a step backward for the hobby, just ever so slightly nudging us back to the time when concealment and obfuscation was the order of the day when it came to restoration disclosure. I know they are just trying to attract submissions, but I personally think their labeling stinks in general and their restoration disclosure in particular to be sketchy. There's a reason why their graded books sell for less than CGC books.

-J.

Agreed. That book should maybe have hit 20k, honestly. That's an absurd price, and the label is entirely deceptive IMHO

-J.

Agreed. That book should maybe have hit 20k, honestly. That's an absurd price, and the label is entirely deceptive IMHO

Yes it must be very difficult to read the label when spending thousands of dollars.

-J.

Yes it must be very difficult to read the label when spending thousands of dollars.

You'd be surprised how often people don't read. It's probably not in this case, but seriously.