• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,184 posts in this topic

I just checked and it appears E-Bay has gotten rid of all the free listings they have been giving store owners the last couple years.  I typically see that I have some crazy number like 10,000 free listings and now I'm down to my 1,000 listings as of today.  Just a heads up if you let your store get bigger then your normal allotment. 

On 7/31/2022 at 10:42 AM, Upgrayedd2 said:

For USPS mail (Priority and Media), some comics have taken 2-3 times longer than usual to arrive. Getting stuck at a given facility for 3-5 days is not unusual.

Funny you should mention it, I sent out 11 books Priority last weds, all were delivered but 3.  I checked tracking and those three said they never arrived at the facility.  Well I dropped them off at the facility, so I know that's wrong.  One of the buyers was pretty upset so I went down to the post office to ask what could have happened- the clerk checked the computer and said "they were probably never scanned, so they're probably out there somewhere, hopefully they'll show up".  Ha ha.  I've been shipping books Priority for years and never had any problem, so I'll keep using them, but after this I'm waiting in line and watching the clerk scan every book.  Lesson learned.  Potentially expensive one...

So here's a weird one - I just "won" an auction on eBay, it ended at 11:35 central time. It shows the item as having 3 bids in its bid history, with mine as the high bid. But it just says, "We’re determining the winner. Please refresh the page." It's said that for 10 minutes so far, and I keep refreshing, but nothing. Usually I get an iPhone notification that I won the item or "it got away." Also, usually it shows up on eBay that I won and asks for payment. I've actually seen the "We're determining the winner" text before, but it's usually there for a few seconds and then when I refresh it shows I won... Anyone ever have this happen?

One hour later and it finally acknowledged me as the winner and let me pay. For those curious, it was a high grade copy of Batman #89 1st print that I won for $26.50. It's a roughly $50 book raw, so while I got a deal, I doubt it was enough of a discrepancy in price for any real shenanigans - I think it was probably just a weird eBay glitch due to a couple of us trying to bid at the last second. I was the winning bid out of only 3 bids, probably because the seller erroneously listed it as "Batman Beyond 89," and I think because of that it didn't show up in searches for "Batman 89." I tried searching for it as "Batman 89" prior to the auction ending just to see if it would show up, and it didn't show up in that search for whatever reason... (shrug) I only stumbled across it in the first place because it was a seller I had previously bought from.

Edited to add - it also doesn't currently show up in sold listings if you search "Batman Beyond 89" or "Batman 89," so I have zero clue what's going on with eBay's search functionality.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 8/2/2022 at 2:47 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

So here's a weird one - I just "won" an auction on eBay, it ended at 11:35 central time. It shows the item as having 3 bids in its bid history, with mine as the high bid. But it just says, "We’re determining the winner. Please refresh the page." It's said that for 10 minutes so far, and I keep refreshing, but nothing. Usually I get an iPhone notification that I won the item or "it got away." Also, usually it shows up on eBay that I won and asks for payment. I've actually seen the "We're determining the winner" text before, but it's usually there for a few seconds and then when I refresh it shows I won... Anyone ever have this happen?

Yes, it happened to me on the weekend. But when I clicked on my purchase history in another tab the book was there.

On 8/1/2022 at 7:15 PM, Black Bat said:

Funny you should mention it, I sent out 11 books Priority last weds, all were delivered but 3.  I checked tracking and those three said they never arrived at the facility.  Well I dropped them off at the facility, so I know that's wrong.  One of the buyers was pretty upset so I went down to the post office to ask what could have happened- the clerk checked the computer and said "they were probably never scanned, so they're probably out there somewhere, hopefully they'll show up".  Ha ha.  I've been shipping books Priority for years and never had any problem, so I'll keep using them, but after this I'm waiting in line and watching the clerk scan every book.  Lesson learned.  Potentially expensive one...

If your PO has one of those self service machines, they are a quicker way to check the books into the system with “proof” you dropped them off (receipt). I had the same thing happen to me and started using this machine - no problems since.

On 8/1/2022 at 8:56 AM, 1Cool said:

I just checked and it appears E-Bay has gotten rid of all the free listings they have been giving store owners the last couple years.  I typically see that I have some crazy number like 10,000 free listings and now I'm down to my 1,000 listings as of today.  Just a heads up if you let your store get bigger then your normal allotment. 

Can you or anyone else confirm this applies to the bonus listings if they are collectibles? I cut my store size when I learned that they were allowing massive amounts of free collectibles listings. Which I viewed as very fair as they are one-of-a-kind items, often very inexpensive. Not like it's a fresh in box laser pointer or something that you can list 50 of the same thing or keep selling the same listing. Collectibles are a lot of work.

On 8/2/2022 at 4:07 PM, HouseofComics.Com said:

Can you or anyone else confirm this applies to the bonus listings if they are collectibles? I cut my store size when I learned that they were allowing massive amounts of free collectibles listings. Which I viewed as very fair as they are one-of-a-kind items, often very inexpensive. Not like it's a fresh in box laser pointer or something that you can list 50 of the same thing or keep selling the same listing. Collectibles are a lot of work.

I just checked and it appears they renewed the 10,000 free listings - it went into effect on the 2nd rather then the usual 1st of the month.  You may want to contact them since this may be the last month.

Edited by 1Cool

Dealing with managed payments for the first time :pullhair:

I hate that I don’t get PayPal funds anymore :censored:

And these holds are maddening

That aside....

Is there a delay in payments even showing up in your payment summary?  Sold 4 books recently.  3 show up as on hold (1 has already been delivered but the funds are still on hold) but I don’t see the funds from the last sale anywhere.???

On 8/8/2022 at 2:46 PM, ramrodcar said:

It wasn't your question but would recommend checking out pirateship.com; you get $100 included insurance when shipping priority for free (instead of $50), and their private insurance is only $0.80 per $100.

Does it link to your eBay account? Or for each sale do I need to type in name/address/etc?

On 8/14/2022 at 5:26 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

They haven't had any feedback in the last 12 months.

+1 that's what I thought, they only base the percentage on that, could be worth checking out.  :)

On 8/14/2022 at 5:30 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

+1 that's what I thought, they only base the percentage on that, could be worth checking out.  :)

I found the seller, and it appears to be the case that they haven't had any feedback left for 12+ months - their most recent feedback was negative though, so that's not great...