• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,184 posts in this topic

Is there a way to get more information from the tracking number? I shipped an item on 6/18/22 and it still says in transit with no updates at all. I wouldn't bother but the buyer is asking about it.

On 6/27/2022 at 2:52 PM, Dr Zen said:

Is there a way to get more information from the tracking number? I shipped an item on 6/18/22 and it still says in transit with no updates at all. I wouldn't bother but the buyer is asking about it.

What method did you use to ship? Does it show an estimated delivery date? PackageTrackr.com used to sometimes have a little more detail than even the carrier sites, and it's free to use I believe (used to be anyway).

I have a foolproof way to increase  your comic sales on eBay and guarantee immediate payment. Maybe some of you have already used this with great success.

1. List as many looks as you can.
2. Set your shipping time to 1 Day.

3. Go on a 3+ day business trip or vacation. 
4. Watch the sales, offers and payments come pouring in.

Even when you accept offers, tell them you are away and won’t be able to ship for 2+ days, and ask them to pay you on a certain day or later, they will pay you immediately!

This method may not work with an eBay store as you can set an away note. I suggest to not set your account as “away.”

No need to thank me for this tested gorilla marketing tactic.👍🏻

Question for the group. How long do you think you should wait before refunding a buyer. I mailed a book off on 7/5 and the shipping has not been updated since 7/9. The buyer is now asking for a refund. I know it should have arrived by now, but I think it's a little early.

BTW, this was about an $8 book and was shipped medial mail so I'm not going to go hungry if I do refund it. I'm just afraid that as soon as I do refund it the book will be delivered.

Untitled.jpg

On 7/15/2022 at 6:07 PM, Dr Zen said:

Question for the group. How long do you think you should wait before refunding a buyer. I mailed a book off on 7/5 and the shipping has not been updated since 7/9. The buyer is now asking for a refund. I know it should have arrived by now, but I think it's a little early.

BTW, this was about an $8 book and was shipped medial mail so I'm not going to go hungry if I do refund it. I'm just afraid that as soon as I do refund it the book will be delivered.

Untitled.jpg

Media mail can take weeks sometimes and USPS update has been spotty at best for at least a year now. I'd give it at least another week before starting to worry. 

On 7/18/2022 at 9:28 PM, ak47po said:

I believe they gave some of those out at a comic con this year, or I saw some post they got them as door giveaways at cons. A lot of covers too, not just your "main ones", very cool :x

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/8/2022 at 7:19 PM, electricprune said:

looks

oh boy

On 7/8/2022 at 7:19 PM, electricprune said:

Even when you accept offers, tell them you are away and won’t be able to ship for 2+ days, and ask them to pay you on a certain day or later, they will pay you immediately!

I'm in no rush to receive payments, I just don't act needy and then 2-3 days later buyers of best offers pay ... I sold a $500 item.. still waiting for it ;)

Edited by littledoom

Was really excited to see this got delivered from an EBay purchase I made this week. Turns out some sellers still don’t know how to properly package a book. 

This slab was tossed in a priority box with two thin pieces of styrofoam on the sides of it. Plenty of room for the slab to slide around, and no protection for the top or bottom of the slab. 

Now trying to deal with my first ever refund request. Fun stuff. 

C89481DA-FE8D-4071-86A7-5DDD0721C086.jpeg

44CBCF48-D796-4A5B-A3AA-4B1921375D81.jpeg

Had this buyer (trueauctionsforless) purchase a 3-pack of BSG books today.

Minutes later I get this message:

3BE235C4-584F-45F7-92F5-AE89369E0CEE.thumb.jpeg.e1ca8902664d56b963dc427ddec16360.jpeg

So he buys the books, then asks for an instant cancel if I can’t promise 9.8s? On 40 year old books in a sealed bag for $35? Also noticed he has a 9.8 of BSG 1 for sale for $700+ What a tool.

On 7/27/2022 at 12:10 PM, kirkforaday said:

Was really excited to see this got delivered from an EBay purchase I made this week. Turns out some sellers still don’t know how to properly package a book. 

This slab was tossed in a priority box with two thin pieces of styrofoam on the sides of it. Plenty of room for the slab to slide around, and no protection for the top or bottom of the slab. 

Now trying to deal with my first ever refund request. Fun stuff. 

C89481DA-FE8D-4071-86A7-5DDD0721C086.jpeg

44CBCF48-D796-4A5B-A3AA-4B1921375D81.jpeg

Remember when filling a report with eBay...the item arrived "not as described". It's a lot easier than checking the "damaged in shipment".