• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,169 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2022 at 7:25 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was afraid of that

thats what she said

Edited by Bird
its like a vitamin folks, one a day!

It's getting harder to defend using ebay.

Unannounced by ebay they have today instigated an Australia-wide hold on all funds until tracking is scanned by the Post Office or Courier.

I have a 4 business day posting time a standard, as I work.

So unless I go every day, i have to wait, and if I go over 4 days - they hold funds until 7 days after confirmed delivery.  For fun apparently.

I may as well change the payouts to weekly. Perhaps thats the point of it all?

Who knows, but ebay is currently morphing into the biggest cockwomble on the planet.

Rant Over.

On 5/14/2022 at 8:05 PM, Beige said:

It's getting harder to defend using ebay.

Unannounced by ebay they have today instigated an Australia-wide hold on all funds until tracking is scanned by the Post Office or Courier.

I have a 4 business day posting time a standard, as I work.

So unless I go every day, i have to wait, and if I go over 4 days - they hold funds until 7 days after confirmed delivery.  For fun apparently.

I may as well change the payouts to weekly. Perhaps thats the point of it all?

Who knows, but ebay is currently morphing into the biggest cockwomble on the planet.

Rant Over.

Well you aren't wrong

eBay is a cockwomble and why people put up with it is beyond me

On 5/11/2022 at 8:07 AM, Sigur Ros said:

I agree eBay fees are high, but you can't find a bigger comic-buying audience anywhere. 

I sell on MySlabs and eBay.  Guess which one has traffic. 

The 1% seller fee is great... but would be better if stuff sold. 

I've had about a dozen items on there, priced about 10% lower than on Ebay, and sold zero items...The Ebay items sell first and then I remove them from Myslabs inventory. They can't say I am not trying...

Edited by Robert_L

On 5/15/2022 at 2:30 PM, optimal_max said:

ok, sorry if it's been posted already, but what is up with this?

I could see if it was "newsstand"  :nyah:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353986786420?hash=item526b41b474:g:BSQAAOSw0nhiR3aI

Seems like that sale didn't go through, it was relisted and sold for $80 the 2nd time around

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353999566774?ViewItem=&item=353999566774

Sorry if this should go in a different forum/topic. I did a quick search and didn't see anything on here, but was wondering if anyone has had some issues with payouts recently. Have sold random raw comics and couple slabs on eBay the last couple of months with no issues with payouts. Last week sold a couple of slabs and I have funds available, but it's saying I have no upcoming payout and won't release my funds on my weekly schedule.  Recently was sent an email to verify my info which I completed. eBay cs has been giving me the runaround on what the issue is (from telling me I need to verify info 9[had already done] to there is no issue with my account to it's a glitch with no current resolution). I've looked on eBay's community which suggests this has been ongoing for a lot of folks but cant seem to pin down what the fix or problem is/was. Anybody have this issue with payouts? (Meanwhile, I'm looking into MCS as I've heard a lot of positive experience with it from others.) 

Edited by 850chris

On 5/17/2022 at 10:48 AM, 850chris said:

Sorry if this should go in a different forum/topic. I did a quick search and didn't see anything on here, but was wondering if anyone has had some issues with payouts recently. Have sold random raw comics and couple slabs on eBay the last couple of months with no issues with payouts. Last week sold a couple of slabs and I have funds available, but it's saying I have no upcoming payout and won't release my funds on my weekly schedule.  Recently was sent an email to verify my info which I completed. eBay cs has been giving me the runaround on what the issue is (from telling me I need to verify info 9[had already done] to there is no issue with my account to it's a glitch with no current resolution). I've looked on eBay's community which suggests this has been ongoing for a lot of folks but cant seem to pin down what the fix or problem is/was. Anybody have this issue with payouts? (Meanwhile, I'm looking into MCS as I've heard a lot of positive experience with it from others.) 

Exact same thing happened to me - it took about 3 business days after I did the verification, and then it was resolved.

So a seller sent me an offer of $X for a set of books that are on my watch list. 

I low balled him back with a counter offer of $Z, hoping to meet somewhere around $Y.

An hour or so later I click on the listing and it says "The seller has sent you an offer $Z" 

Im thinking: :banana:

The thing is, theres no option for me to accept the offer. The sentence is just there...mocking me.

"The seller has sent you an offer of $Z."

Im guessing that Ebay sent me my own counter offer as if it came from the seller with no way to accept it...a glitch in the system is all I can figure.

This is new.

I'm completely locked out of my account.

I got a message from ebay.com NOT ebay.com.au that I should reset password and 'confirm biller info' - wasn't addressed to me just my username.

I chucked it in spam.

THEN - found my account IS locked. I can't access the contact ebay info - nothing. I just can't get into ebay.

I'm leaning on the side of being hacked.

Anyone else been locked out for no reason (I have no disputes open, payments have been going through) - it was locked due to:

image.png.dd278fe5dcaa6343a9f4ffd746725fe7.png

So I won't be doing any of the above for obvious reasons until I can actually get in touch with ebay - anyone else get this email or experience similar?

Thanks

What a pain

It was a genuine 'lock' - ebay Australia has a 'server glitch' - locking out some stores and - yup you guessed it - being currently unable to reset accounts on laptop or desktop!!

Luckily my wife was home, so she logged in without a hitch, and got a guy to call back - I had to use the ebay app to reset with passcode.

All done, back in - but be aware ebay Australia is having serious server problems at the moment. (thumbsu

Some times when I put a book on my watch list, I get an offer from the seller. I was just curious if this is something set up in the listing to do automatically when someone watches a book, or is it done "manually" by the seller? Is the seller even aware of the offer until a person responds?

On 5/24/2022 at 10:25 AM, evilskip said:

Some times when I put a book on my watch list, I get an offer from the seller. I was just curious if this is something set up in the listing to do automatically when someone watches a book, or is it done "manually" by the seller? Is the seller even aware of the offer until a person responds?

If a buyer shows interest in the comic according to ebay software, ebay gives the option to the seller to make an offer to "those interested." (thumbsu

Whether it is officially watching the listing or just clicking on it idk. It doesn't tell the seller what the user handle of the "interested person is" either, so we don't know who we're making an offer too, whether they have good feedback or will even pay. :( 

it just says "2 people interested, send offer?" but the seller knows the offer sent and for how much (thumbsu 

On 5/24/2022 at 10:38 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If a buyer shows interest in the comic according to ebay software, ebay gives the option to the seller to make an offer to "those interested." (thumbsu

Whether it is officially watching the listing or just clicking on it idk. It doesn't tell the seller what the user handle of the "interested person is" either, so we don't know who we're making an offer too, whether they have good feedback or will even pay. :( 

it just says "2 people interested, send offer?" but the seller knows the offer sent and for how much (thumbsu 

Thanks for the info. Usually when I decline an offer I send a little note explaining why. That probably has some sellers asking "who is this insufficiently_thoughtful_person?"

On 5/24/2022 at 10:54 AM, evilskip said:

Thanks for the info. Usually when I decline an offer I send a little note explaining why. That probably has some sellers asking "who is this insufficiently_thoughtful_person?"

lol:roflmao: well to that point, you wouldn't be anonymous anymore lol it would show who sent the message, and that it was a response to the "seller's offer". No Worries.

I'd welcome the response, I'm sure most sellers will. I've sent offers "out into the wild", only to have NO RESPONSE and be left wondering indefinitely hahaha (shrug) 

eBay sent a memo about a month ago letting sellers know if the buyer making the offer clicked on a sponsored ad. 

This was true and I saw in bold writing: "This person has clicked on a sponsored ad".  I liked this because I would be informed if I was going to have to pay extra fees or not before I accepted the offer.

Now, after another one of their pointless updates, the notification has disappeared and I have to check my transactions after agreeing to the best offer to see if I got charged the ad rate fee or not.

Anyone else notice the same thing?