• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2022 at 5:33 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I found the seller, and it appears to be the case that they haven't had any feedback left for 12+ months - their most recent feedback was negative though, so that's not great...

It "could be" what the negative is for? Like they passed on but stuff was listed sold negative left for no shipping?

Idk 😂 a bit of a stretch but it could happen 

On 8/14/2022 at 6:33 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I found the seller, and it appears to be the case that they haven't had any feedback left for 12+ months - their most recent feedback was negative though, so that's not great...

Yeah, 2 of the last 4 were negs ... both for the same thing, "never received item".

I think I'll just walk.Too many ?s.

This question is for anyone who might know the answer.

I ordered something from eBay and paid the seller $10 for shipping. Office tried to deliver the item yesterday I was not there and they left a note saying that I owed six dollars extra for the item to cover shipping.

my question is if the seller does not refund the six dollars and if I refuse it at the post office what recourse does he have on eBay or what recourse do I have through eBay?

@Buzzetta

On 8/19/2022 at 6:06 PM, Raze said:

This question is for anyone who might know the answer.

I ordered something from eBay and paid the seller $10 for shipping. Office tried to deliver the item yesterday I was not there and they left a note saying that I owed six dollars extra for the item to cover shipping.

my question is if the seller does not refund the six dollars and if I refuse it at the post office what recourse does he have on eBay or what recourse do I have through eBay?

@Buzzetta

That's an interesting issue.  I have heard it go both ways in that you are at fault for denying the package.  I have also heard that you would be in the right because they should be able to see that there is some type of hold on the parcel. 

There have only been two instances where I was involved in a transaction where a package was denied.  Here is one.

I can speak from experience that when I bought a commissioned Transformers piece off eBay I asked the seller to ship it in a box.  He sent it in an envelope and there was a crumple in the commission.  I think it was a $150 package.  The seller reluctantly took back the return.  He had said that I never asked for a box.  I directed him to the messages that not only asked for a box but that he replied saying he would box it.  I send it back.  He refused the parcel.  It came back to me. 

eBay told me to keep the money and the item. 

On 8/19/2022 at 8:31 PM, Buzzetta said:

That's an interesting issue.  I have heard it go both ways in that you are at fault for denying the package.  I have also heard that you would be in the right because they should be able to see that there is some type of hold on the parcel. 

There have only been two instances where I was involved in a transaction where a package was denied.  Here is one.

I can speak from experience that when I bought a commissioned Transformers piece off eBay I asked the seller to ship it in a box.  He sent it in an envelope and there was a crumple in the commission.  I think it was a $150 package.  The seller reluctantly took back the return.  He had said that I never asked for a box.  I directed him to the messages that not only asked for a box but that he replied saying he would box it.  I send it back.  He refused the parcel.  It came back to me. 

eBay told me to keep the money and the item. 

The seller refunded me the difference, Thanks for the insight!

Does anybody know how to turn off the immediate payment option? I've got a buyer that wants multiple items but can't purchase them and wait for me to send an invoice with the combined shipping discount.

Not sure how, but you can try to 'edit' your listing. The option might be in there somewhere.

You can also ask the guy to 'add to cart' the books instead of outright buying them. Then, there's a 'request total' option after he's all done adding them to his cart.

I just want to say that procrastination is bad.

I just opened a package of two comics that was delivered early May. (Yes, I hold the title of world's biggest procrastinator) One of the comics was missing. I immediately emailed the guy just to let him know. He said he vaguely remembers refunding me for it (which was false - I checked). I just told him no biggie, but to keep me in mind if he ever gets another copy. I wasn't going to push it for three reasons...

1) It's been about 3 months since it was delivered.

2) It was only $8

3) I'm a really great guy.

I just wanted to let it be known, we should open all packages upon their arrival.

I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem:

I sold two items on eBay to two different buyers, one a raw book for $20, one a CGC 9.6 Iron Fist 14 for $1700+

My printer was glitching so I had to create a PDF of the labels to print them. Somehow I printed two of the same label and placed them on both packages. I made sure to check the IF 14 to confirm the info was correct, but didn’t pay attention to the other address, which I now know was a duplicate.

I got a message from the IF buyer, with a photo of the raw book saying, “this isn’t what I ordered”. At the time I thought I just switched the labels, so I refunded the IF buyer, because I didn’t want him panicking while I waited for the book to come back from the wrong customer.

I reached out to the raw buyer to see if he got the IF - he did not. That was when I realized my mistake. I sent both packages to the IF buyer.

I kept the post office receipt, which showed both of the (same) tracking numbers. I asked my regular driver about it, and he told me it might come back, as one of the packages was not paid for. So I waited a few days - no return.

I then went to the post office and spoke with a manager, who looked into it and found that two packages were scanned during the delivery of the raw book. I alerted the IF buyer that the PO showed two packages were delivered to him, the raw book and the graded IF 14. He said he was home but didn’t sign, and only the raw package was on the porch.

So now the $1700 book is missing and I’ve refunded the buyer. He swears he didn’t get two packages, and got mad that I would insinuate he did. But I’m out $1700 even though I have signature confirmation that the book was received.

I sent eBay a message but haven’t heard back. I’m continuing to talk to the post office, but that’s not looking good either.

Hoping maybe someone has an idea to help me get the book back? Thanks in advance, and sorry for the wall of text.

On 8/27/2022 at 9:32 PM, wormboy said:

I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem:

I sold two items on eBay to two different buyers, one a raw book for $20, one a CGC 9.6 Iron Fist 14 for $1700+

My printer was glitching so I had to create a PDF of the labels to print them. Somehow I printed two of the same label and placed them on both packages. I made sure to check the IF 14 to confirm the info was correct, but didn’t pay attention to the other address, which I now know was a duplicate.

I got a message from the IF buyer, with a photo of the raw book saying, “this isn’t what I ordered”. At the time I thought I just switched the labels, so I refunded the IF buyer, because I didn’t want him panicking while I waited for the book to come back from the wrong customer.

I reached out to the raw buyer to see if he got the IF - he did not. That was when I realized my mistake. I sent both packages to the IF buyer.

I kept the post office receipt, which showed both of the (same) tracking numbers. I asked my regular driver about it, and he told me it might come back, as one of the packages was not paid for. So I waited a few days - no return.

I then went to the post office and spoke with a manager, who looked into it and found that two packages were scanned during the delivery of the raw book. I alerted the IF buyer that the PO showed two packages were delivered to him, the raw book and the graded IF 14. He said he was home but didn’t sign, and only the raw package was on the porch.

So now the $1700 book is missing and I’ve refunded the buyer. He swears he didn’t get two packages, and got mad that I would insinuate he did. But I’m out $1700 even though I have signature confirmation that the book was received.

I sent eBay a message but haven’t heard back. I’m continuing to talk to the post office, but that’s not looking good either.

Hoping maybe someone has an idea to help me get the book back? Thanks in advance, and sorry for the wall of text.

Yowzah sounds like an innocent mistake with an unhonest buyer, if the post themselves says it shows delivered. eBay block user list thread? And describe the story in that thread too..

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/20/2022 at 12:27 AM, Dr Zen said:

Does anybody know how to turn off the immediate payment option? I've got a buyer that wants multiple items but can't purchase them and wait for me to send an invoice with the combined shipping discount.

I just tell them I will refund excess shipping if ebay makes them pay, which I do once a week or so.

On 8/28/2022 at 6:59 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yowzah sounds like an innocent mistake with an unhonest buyer, if the post themselves says it shows delivered. eBay block user list thread? And describe the story in that thread too..

I really can’t tell if the guy is telling the truth. If I determine he is lying I’ll post the info. Thanks.

On 8/28/2022 at 12:37 PM, wormboy said:

If I confirm he received it that may be the way. Thanks.

Well if you confirm that well, a police report may be in order as that is mail theft claiming a refund and etc

Edited by ADAMANTIUM