• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2022 at 10:41 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well if you confirm that well, a police report may be in order as that is mail theft claiming a refund and etc

Yeah, the problem is he said he didn’t sign for it, and the signature shown is just a scribble, so I’m not sure it will be cut and dry.

On 8/28/2022 at 10:41 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well if you confirm that well, a police report may be in order as that is mail theft claiming a refund and etc

I would also let the buyer know that you are initiating a report with the post office inspector (federal) and let the buyer know you would appreciate their responsiveness when they come calling.  Who knows, they might suddenly find the package hiding behind a planter on the front porch.

On 8/28/2022 at 12:45 PM, wormboy said:

Yeah, the problem is he said he didn’t sign for it, and the signature shown is just a scribble, so I’m not sure it will be cut and dry.

I would hope that this guy has signed for other comics with the same signature, which they would have on file.

On 8/13/2022 at 11:04 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Dealing with managed payments for the first time :pullhair:

I hate that I don’t get PayPal funds anymore :censored:

And these holds are maddening

That aside....

Is there a delay in payments even showing up in your payment summary?  Sold 4 books recently.  3 show up as on hold (1 has already been delivered but the funds are still on hold) but I don’t see the funds from the last sale anywhere.???

That, and do you ship when you get paid, or when the payment cleared?

On 8/31/2022 at 11:44 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Payment doesn’t clear until after the buyer has the book in hand .  Super frustrating to have to pay for shipping out of pocket :censored:

The days of selling stuff on EBay for quick cash are over.  

On 8/31/2022 at 10:44 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:
On 8/14/2022 at 1:04 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Dealing with managed payments for the first time :pullhair:

I hate that I don’t get PayPal funds anymore :censored:

And these holds are maddening

That aside....

Is there a delay in payments even showing up in your payment summary?  Sold 4 books recently.  3 show up as on hold (1 has already been delivered but the funds are still on hold) but I don’t see the funds from the last sale anywhere.???

I'm unsure of the various settings available currrently, and definitely don't know about Canada, but here is how my eBay works when I have a sale:

1. eBay sends me a sold + payment received notification

2. I create a shipping label using Pending Funds and ship

3. Generally in a day or two eBay sends a payout

4. Generally a day or two later the payout is in my bank account

Due to receiving my payouts daily, if I don't create a label fast enough (again, a day or two), my Pending Funds will already be paid out and then I have to use another method (in my case PayPal) to fund the shipping label.

On 8/31/2022 at 9:52 AM, manetteska said:

I'm unsure of the various settings available currrently, and definitely don't know about Canada, but here is how my eBay works when I have a sale:

1. eBay sends me a sold + payment received notification

2. I create a shipping label using Pending Funds and ship

3. Generally in a day or two eBay sends a payout

4. Generally a day or two later the payout is in my bank account

Due to receiving my payouts daily, if I don't create a label fast enough (again, a day or two), my Pending Funds will already be paid out and then I have to use another method (in my case PayPal) to fund the shipping label.

I end up using my CC, or Paypal to fund the label. Amex gives 2x points if you have over 30 transactions a month. So it kind of works out for me :grin:

I ordered something on eBay (a non-comic related item), and it showed up a couple days late, with some weird tracking updates that it was out for delivery, then intercepted and held at the post office, then delivered anyway.  It showed up with one corner of the kraft paper torn.  The small Priority box they used is visible underneath.  I wonder if my seller got tagged with some extra postage due for this? There are some handwritten postage due notes on the front of the package but I paid nothing extra and it was left in my box today. 

I'm not implying that anyone here would use priority mail packing materials for packaging non-priority mail items or anything B| but I thought this was interesting and wondered if anyone else had run into this either as a buyer or seller...

PXL_20220901_222645093.thumb.jpg.71a4c7bd8d679e2f548d87401100fbcd.jpg

PXL_20220901_222706567.thumb.jpg.60c040164466bdcae7e01c32dbe22d0d.jpg

Edited by Roo_Phillip

Can somebody explain this? It says I have used 1 of my items this month. But I know that is impossible. I haven't put anything up this month. When I click to see what item it is I get a book that has been on ebay since January.

It's really no big deal, because there is no way I will use the other 249 items this month. But it is very confusing.

huh.jpg

On 9/3/2022 at 8:55 PM, Dr Zen said:

Can somebody explain this? It says I have used 1 of my items this month. But I know that is impossible. I haven't put anything up this month. When I click to see what item it is I get a book that has been on ebay since January.

It's really no big deal, because there is no way I will use the other 249 items this month. But it is very confusing.

huh.jpg

Is it a buy-it-now listing that expired and re-listed? I believe the BINs auto-relist every 30 days or something like that if they don't sell.

On 9/3/2022 at 9:26 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Is it a buy-it-now listing that expired and re-listed? I believe the BINs auto-relist every 30 days or something like that if they don't sell.

Good suggestion, I checked and that item did expire yesterday, but there are 2 other items that I put up that same day. So who knows.

I posted this in the card trader section to see if anyone else is doing it but didn't get a response.  Anyone else use the cards trader apps to get free cards?  Apparently people are willing to pay you for the free cards if you have been using the app for a while  and built up a collection.  I am curious to see how long the sales can continue and if it is possible to flip the money for an actual key comic.  I really don't understand why people would pay for these but more than happy to keep selling them $1.50 at a time.

With the latest update eBay tweaked saved searches again and messed them up; I have only looked on mobile so far.

Not only a busier layout, but the blue dot (signifying new listings) now means nothing: I click on a search with a blue dot (should have new listings) and 0 results show up. Meanwhile, searches I know should have new listings, do not have a blue dot, and when I click on them I see all listings still active.

On 9/13/2022 at 2:41 PM, manetteska said:

With the latest update eBay tweaked saved searches again and messed them up; I have only looked on mobile so far.

Not only a busier layout, but the blue dot (signifying new listings) now means nothing: I click on a search with a blue dot (should have new listings) and 0 results show up. Meanwhile, searches I know should have new listings, do not have a blue dot, and when I click on them I see all listings still active.

I noticed something was up too. I searched Tomb of dracula 1 cgc 6.5, and it shows that the last 6.5 sold on August 14th. If I put in Tomb of dracula 1 1st dracula it shows the last 6.5 sold on Sept 7th.

All listings specifically stated "cgc 6.5" but you get different results.

So then I tried Tomb of Dracula 1 1st dracula CGC 6.5, and it went back to last sold was August 14th.

It's like searching specific grades of CGC doesn't always give you everything :( 

On 9/13/2022 at 2:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I noticed something was up too. I searched Tomb of dracula 1 cgc 6.5, and it shows that the last 6.5 sold on August 14th. If I put in Tomb of dracula 1 1st dracula it shows the last 6.5 sold on Sept 7th.

All listings specifically stated "cgc 6.5" but you get different results.

So then I tried Tomb of Dracula 1 1st dracula CGC 6.5, and it went back to last sold was August 14th.

It's like searching specific grades of CGC doesn't always give you everything :( 

well I went to get screenshots, and now the search works.....

But it does that from time to time 

On 9/13/2022 at 3:41 PM, manetteska said:

Yup. I'm getting email/push notifications hours after a new listing is published. It's dogwater.