• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,169 posts in this topic

And then there's this little number I was following, but hesitant to bid on since the seller's feedback was zero.  Not to worry though, since it seems he had some help from a "buyer" who's feedback is also zero and set a really high bar.  I rarely click on the bid history but since this one went way above what I would have paid, I was curious.  I suppose eBay bots don't see anything wrong and, as long as they get their fees, this will get counted in GPA?  Should the high bidder (assuming it's yet not another account from the OP as he single-handedly tries to revive prices to 2021 levels) pay for this or just take a wrist slap from eBay and back out? 

1aa.JPG

On 10/31/2022 at 8:22 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

So if a potential buyer messages you a request to do F&F outside the ‘Bay....risks as the seller?

I would insist on going through PayPal G&S and add sig confirmation to the package.

On 11/2/2022 at 6:26 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

How are Saturday nights for ending auctions?  Sunday night better? 

I have found Sunday's are much better; I ran the numbers a while back and I definitely got more traffic on a Sunday, especially if ending after football! Seems Saturday's everyone is out on the town amd too busy for ebay

On 11/3/2022 at 7:32 AM, Badlands said:

I have found Sunday's are much better; I ran the numbers a while back and I definitely got more traffic on a Sunday, especially if ending after football! Seems Saturday's everyone is out on the town amd too busy for ebay

Thanks for the response.  Sunday going forward.(thumbsu

I’ve got one ending at 9pm on Saturday....:wishluck:

On 11/3/2022 at 11:26 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Couple of weeks for me. I need to list some new stuff - it may be an algorithm thing, but it seems when I list new stuff, sales increase even on stuff that's been sitting.

Let us know how it goes.  I've been thinking the same thing since sales have cratering has made me not want to post up more books which may have increased the issue.  I'm taking down my store for a couple weeks since the low ball offers are more work than the 1 book getting sold a day.  I'll come back around Thanksgiving and post up a large batch of new books and see if that changes things.  

On 11/3/2022 at 11:26 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Couple of weeks for me. I need to list some new stuff - it may be an algorithm thing, but it seems when I list new stuff, sales increase even on stuff that's been sitting.

100% agree! Sounds strange but if I list 3 to 4 items a day for 4 to 5 days straight, my sales go through the roof. Once I slack on listings, my sales drop.