• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greatest GOLDEN AGE Covers Poll, Round One

189 posts in this topic

That was fun, and some of the groups were hard to find 10 to pick, some it was hard to only pick ten.

On a personal note, I was mighty glad to see that I own some of these! I tried not to let that influence my voting....... (tsk)

We've fixed the poll. The Vision was trying to sort through a complex mathematical equation and got wrapped up in the minutiae. Catman America came to the rescue and with the Vision's assistance the polls should now be on track. (thumbs u
what about the rest of your team? lol

The initial 100 were determined as follows:

20 were defined by the organizers of the poll

80 were defined by reaching out to a number of collectors who could list any 20 books, with limits placed on the number by the same artist or in the genre (e.g. you couldn't list 20 Timely Schomburg Captain America covers)

I'm a little surprised at some of the books that made the list but I think that most of what the hobby has considered the "big guns" are there and that there will be quite a few usual suspects when the short list is produced.

We've fixed the poll. The Vision was trying to sort through a complex mathematical equation and got wrapped up in the minutiae. Catman America came to the rescue and with the Vision's assistance the polls should now be on track. (thumbs u
what about the rest of your team? lol

The grading Hobbit is on a mission seeking out any powerful ring to eliminate it. The other fellow is our secret weapon in case this omnifiscent poll is hacked by the Red Skull. :grin: