• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

11367919576_febe777104_b.jpg

I met Jon at Ciorac's house and he brought the Planet 1 art plus Action 1 and Detective 27 and a bunch of really rare items.  Unfortunately, he never made it to the mini-cons at Todd's house.  I am not sure if that is a picture I took of Jon's Planet 1 or someone else posted it.

The Action 1 has my fingerprints on it.

32844281000_9bf0acc4b6_o.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

13 hours ago, Moondog said:

It was a very weird (and sad) scene - grown men diving into Bob's books like crazed madmen.  Thankfully I had drunk enough that I was simply bemused by the whole thing instead of participating!

lol

2 hours ago, BB-Gun said:

11367919576_febe777104_b.jpg

I met Jon at Ciorac's house and he brought the Planet 1 art plus Action 1 and Detective 27 and a bunch of really rare items.  Unfortunately, he never made it to the mini-cons at Todd's house.  I am not sure if that is a picture I took of Jon's Planet 1 or someone else posted it.

The Action 1 has my fingerprints on it.

32844281000_9bf0acc4b6_o.jpg

I remember seeing that art on Redbeard's wall once. It was just draw dropping to even know it existed. Someone is going to be very happy with it...

22 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Might have to make the Carbo show my first show ever and then stay after for the museum tour at Comic Connect.  I was there when the "museum" opened and loved it.  Throw the Berk collection in and sounds like a hell of a day in NYC.

wear shorts and a t -shirt hotter than Hades last year

1 hour ago, Johnny545 said:

Jon Berk Wonderworld 7 CGC 9.6 lol:whatthe::o(worship)lol:whatthe::o(worship)lol:whatthe::o(worship)lol:whatthe::o(worship)

UNREAL

I told you the Wonderworlds were nice. :baiting:

1 minute ago, G.A.tor said:

Jon has been an active contributor to the boards for a long time. Wonder why he hasn't chimed in hm

No idea, but I'll speculate anyway! (That's what chat boards are for. :)) I would guess he's got strongly mixed emotions about selling his collection and is probably not up for talking about it.  I think that's how I'd feel if I were selling off all my books -- and they're not nearly as nice books!

11 hours ago, lou_fine said:
14 hours ago, adamstrange said:
15 hours ago, lou_fine said:

The only copies that could possibly have a chance at even being in the same ballpark might be the Allentown and Larson copies.

Wonderworld11.jpg

Is that your own personal high grade copy of WW 11 from your personal collection?  hm  :cloud9:  :takeit:

3 hours ago, adamstrange said:

It's mine.  If I post someone's else book I always note it as such.

Now that's a really nice and sharp looking copy you have there.  (thumbsu

Is it from a pedigree collection or is it just a straight high grade non-pedigree copy?  hm

I guess the old time collectors like us still remember when this particular issue was the go to book to get after Wonderworld 3 since it featured the origin of the Flame.  Definitely not the case anymore as it has seemingly fallen behind every other issue preceding it, with the origin feature apparently no longer adding any premium to its value.  :frown:

27 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Jon has been an active contributor to the boards for a long time. Wonder why he hasn't chimed in hm

Jon is aware of the thread but said he will be very, very busy until after March 11th.  Any one able to attend the Mar 11 session will find him friendly and open to answering questions.

35 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

No idea, but I'll speculate anyway! (That's what chat boards are for. :)) I would guess he's got strongly mixed emotions about selling his collection and is probably not up for talking about it.  I think that's how I'd feel if I were selling off all my books -- and they're not nearly as nice books!

:facepalm:

“Whether you are a collector, investor or just a fan, I invite you all to enjoy my collection at this amazing auction preview. I built this collection to honor the legends behind and on the pages. Now it is time for me to share the collection with the next generation. I hope you will appreciate and safeguard it as much as I have” shares owner, Jon Berk.

Just now, adamstrange said:
45 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

:facepalm:

“Whether you are a collector, investor or just a fan, I invite you all to enjoy my collection at this amazing auction preview. I built this collection to honor the legends behind and on the pages. Now it is time for me to share the collection with the next generation. I hope you will appreciate and safeguard it as much as I have” shares owner, Jon Berk.

Ok, I don't know him, so I'll take your word that he has no mixed emotions about selling off his collection. (thumbsu

29 minutes ago, nearmint said:

635803fa-56e0-406f-95b5-2ac061a02018.jpg

Certainly not as high profile as the Action 1 or the Fantastic 3, but this looks to be a killer copy of what is now recognized as the classic cover in the entire Wonderworld run.  Unfortunately, I was never able to find a nice enough copy at a reasonable price to put a copy in my personal collection.  :cry:

My bet is that somebody is going to have to dig mighty deep into their pockets to acquire this book here.  :blush:

37 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Certainly not as high profile as the Action 1 or the Fantastic 3, but this looks to be a killer copy of what is now recognized as the classic cover in the entire Wonderworld run.  Unfortunately, I was never able to find a nice enough copy at a reasonable price to put a copy in my personal collection.  :cry:

My bet is that somebody is going to have to dig mighty deep into their pockets to acquire this book here.  :blush:

One can only guess what that baby will bring but it is one of Fine"s greatest covers.