• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

its up to you how to run your thread, but the easter egg hunt occurs either way. I spend the x amount of time going through your various lists of comics, making my own list of things I might be interested in. Then I spend X amount of time hunting down the pics of those books. Then I realize I forgot what the price was, then have to go back through the lists and find the price. Then by the time I decide to buy it, someone else has already done so, or I'm tired and sleepy. As opposed to where I see one post with title, price, and pic then I just buy it on the spot.

Of course every buyer and every seller is different.

All sellers who have had threads here learn that other posters can't resist posting into a sales thread with their two cents bumping some of the listings from page 2 to page 3 or 4.

I woke up early on Sunday and thought, hey while no one is around I will take those first few pages for myself to avoid that but it seems that my creativity was not rewarded.

Not sure I follow this. Doesn't someone posting a comment in your sales thread bump the thread to the head of the line? I don't see how it can cause it to drop to a lower page. (shrug)

In any event, count me among those who prefer the one book with price per post. That way I don't have to navigate back to the first post to figure out what the price is. Or scroll through a long line of books all in the same post.

What I meant was that if you have a bunch of books and it takes about three pages (of your thread) to post them all, having other posters chime in while you are posting those books spreads them out over additional pages making it harder for the buyers to find those books when looking through the thread.

Edited by Dr Chaos

its up to you how to run your thread, but the easter egg hunt occurs either way. I spend the x amount of time going through your various lists of comics, making my own list of things I might be interested in. Then I spend X amount of time hunting down the pics of those books. Then I realize I forgot what the price was, then have to go back through the lists and find the price. Then by the time I decide to buy it, someone else has already done so, or I'm tired and sleepy. As opposed to where I see one post with title, price, and pic then I just buy it on the spot.

All sellers who have had threads here learn that other posters can't resist posting into a sales thread with their two cents bumping some of the listings from page 2 to page 3 or 4.

I woke up early on Sunday and thought, hey while no one is around I will take those first few pages for myself to avoid that but it seems that my creativity was not rewarded.

Not sure I follow this. Doesn't someone posting a comment in your sales thread bump the thread to the head of the line? I don't see how it can cause it to drop to a lower page. (shrug)

In any event, count me among those who prefer the one book with price per post. That way I don't have to navigate back to the first post to figure out what the price is. Or scroll through a long line of books all in the same post.

What I meant was that if you have a bunch of books and it takes about three pages (of your thread) to post them all, having other posters chime in while you are posting those books spreads them out over additional pages making it harder for the buyers to find those books when looking through the thread.

there's a lot of merit to your thinking too. its just a preference thing. Sometimes people don't want to flip through 20-50 pages (although recaps can help), but I would say its equally hard when you have like 50-100 pictures (even if they're thumbs) in the same post because scrolling and page loading become issues. And if they're thumbs then you have to enlarge sometimes to catch the title or read the info about the comics...blah blah. There's no perfect way to sell that everyone will love. Its all good, but gotta follow the rules (though I don't think you broke any).

I would bet half the people who visit the thread while it was "under construction with place holder pics" aren't bothering to come back and revisit the older revised posts that their cookies are telling them they already viewed. I only went back to it because someone made a comment in another thread and then when I saw all the gifs etc..I just scrolled down, looked at the ASM's and bailed. :shy:

I'd say if you're selling a bunch of books that thumbnail pics with prices in the same post are best.

2c

There's always the Testing board where you could set things up beforehand.

I'll use placeholders sparingly ...... but try to mostly update only with pics, answers, responses, or price adjustments. I've found that after 3 or 4 days, most sales that are going to happen already have. I don't do a lot of bumping for that reason. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

SCENARIO:

A boardie you've bought from multiple times (maybe six times).

One time he left out a book. Fixed it.

Another time he left out another book. Fixed it.

Another time he left out a book. Gave me a credit.

Last time he left out a book, sent the wrong one instead. Made a long excuse/reply. Hasn't fixed it. AND, I have someone else's book and I don't know who's it is. Last PM was 10 days ago. Read and no reply.

Thoughts? :popcorn:

SCENARIO:

Last time he left out a book, sent the wrong one instead. Made a long excuse/reply. Hasn't fixed it. AND, I have someone else's book and I don't know who's it is. Last PM was 10 days ago. Read and no reply.

My thought is, stop buying from this guy! :makepoint:

I think the real issue isn't the mistakes: it's the decision to use your money as a short term loan. meh

The guy got your money, sent the wrong books (also screwing an unknown buyer) and not refunding you.

Tick tock.

For some reason, I think this guy was brought up in the Probation Discussion thread awhile back and changed his name. hm

And you know you need to stop buying from him. :baiting:

SCENARIO:

My thought is, stop buying from this guy! :makepoint:

1st time Okay,second no excuse,no third time.

SCENARIO:

So it must be someone who sells large quantities of books here, and has some kind of confusing organizational system...

hm

Nah, can't think of anyone. (shrug)