• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Yep, reputation has taken a hit.  

This is a probation worthy transaction.  Paddy, a nomination would be prudent.

Think the 30 day period is still in effect so it wouldn't be for another 3+ weeks for an official nomination but seems that it will be forthcoming given the seller's reluctance to attempt any reconciliation.  

By the way, the seller is still listing books in the thread.  Hoping he can work this out with Paddy.

Edited by telerites
addition

23 hours ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:
23 hours ago, cpannell said:

The FMV on the book is around $200. The listing at $20 was an error. Paddy jumped on it faster than I could correct it. That's all it was.

So you were selling that book fir $200 raw ? 

seems like the seller thinks its worth $200.  So as stated previously, I think its a win-win to just sell now for $200, and split the profits $90 bucks a piece.  OR for a super quick sell, sell at a discount for $160 and split at $70 per person.  I think this is a pretty good resolution.

40 minutes ago, telerites said:

Think the 30 day period is still in effect so it wouldn't be for another 3+ weeks for an official nomination but seems that it will be forthcoming given the seller's reluctance to attempt any reconciliation.  

By the way, the seller is still listing books in the thread.  Hoping he can work this out with Paddy.

The 30 day wait period is no longer in effect.  Once a seller or buyer makes an affirmative statement that he will not complete the deal the wait period is waived.

31 minutes ago, Red84 said:

The 30 day wait period is no longer in effect.  Once a seller or buyer makes an affirmative statement that he will not complete the deal the wait period is waived.

Ah, well shows how little I look here.  

Cpannell - just sell him the book for $20.  It obviously was not a $200 book - heck there are multiple nice copies on E-Bay right now for $30 - $50.  Your initial response is what people will go by and is the $20 in lost money really worth the hassle and damage?  A couple months ago we all would have been happy with $20 for a ASM 265.  Now if you would have had $2 on the book then I could see you arguing it was a typo.  Sell and ship the book and move on 2c

4 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Cpannell - just sell him the book for $20.  It obviously was not a $200 book - heck there are multiple nice copies on E-Bay right now for $30 - $50.  Your initial response is what people will go by and is the $20 in lost money really worth the hassle and damage?  A couple months ago we all would have been happy with $20 for a ASM 265.  Now if you would have had $2 on the book then I could see you arguing it was a typo.  Sell and ship the book and move on 2c

+1.  Buyer should never have f bombed though.  Geez, thought I had more.

image_zps7sgvwj2h.jpg

Thanks 1Cool and Thothamon.

I'm ready to sell the book at $20 and move on. I'm not feeling great about how this has all played out.

Buyer said some posts/pages back in this thread that he was no longer interested, but I will PM him and see if that is still the case.

Thanks . . .

47 minutes ago, cpannell said:

Thanks 1Cool and Thothamon.

I'm ready to sell the book at $20 and move on. I'm not feeling great about how this has all played out.

Buyer said some posts/pages back in this thread that he was no longer interested, but I will PM him and see if that is still the case.

Thanks . . .

Glad you are going that route.  The money is so small in the grand scheme of things that it's just not worth it to go any other route.  Don't get into a debate with the buyer - just send a note saying "please send $20 to x paypal and I'll send the book out quickly".  No one remembers the minor hick ups - it's the full blown battles that seem to stick around for awhile.

7 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Glad you are going that route.  The money is so small in the grand scheme of things that it's just not worth it to go any other route.  Don't get into a debate with the buyer - just send a note saying "please send $20 to x paypal and I'll send the book out quickly".  No one remembers the minor hick ups - it's the full blown battles that seem to stick around for awhile.

Buyer replied that he is not interested. I'm OK with that. Perhaps we can all consider the matter closed now.

You said I got bitter because I missed out on this big deal ... nah man .. it's the ratty way you went about it .. if ya had of just messaged right away and said damn i priced this wrong mind if I keep or change price I might have just said no worries ... but ya edited posts and said it was $200 typo ... its only now that your caught its .. ok you can have it .... like I said...  keep your book 

Edited by Paddy_McShillihan

On 4/6/2017 at 9:50 PM, cpannell said:

The value ($20) in the posting was a mistake. As I pointed out to you in my PM to you . . . Don't get bitter because you thought you'd found a deal too good to be true. It was in fact a mistake on my part. A mistake for which I apologized in my PM.

Then you should have simply stated it right away (or as soon as possible) in the thread.
Even if you make such a mistake out of ignorance it is a genuine error, so that’s the way to go. He would have surely understood.

1 hour ago, vaillant said:

Then you should have simply stated it right away (or as soon as possible) in the thread.
Even if you make such a mistake out of ignorance it is a genuine error, so that’s the way to go. He would have surely understood.

Good point. Thanks for mentioning it.

6 hours ago, 1Cool said:

And charge the buyer $40 for shipping :flipbait: