• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

if you paid to have the items encapsulated and they are not, you should get your money back.

were these books that you provided for a signature?

Yes. I want them back to. But I don't want to have to pay for the sig fee. I didn't want them signed if they couldn't be encapsulated. I could have done it myself and cheaper if that was the case.

Edited by Gsims718

I have a new issue. Wondering what other people think about it.

I went through a facilitator to have some items cgc'd. I had 5 things done at $150 each.

I just got off the phone with CGC to check the status of the invoice and found out CGC will not encapsulate what I sent, and they are being sent back to the facilitator. I would not have sent anything if I knew they could not be CGCd.

I was specifically told they would be encapsulated, I didn't just wing it and hope they could.

What resolution would you expect?

Edit: CGC SS'd

Why wouldn't CGC slab the books?

So your raw signed books are en route back to the facilitator?

Glad you are getting them done, but that seems like an odd policy. I would hope the rules were the same for everyone.

To me it means they are just authenticating the signature and nothing else. Basically treating it like a signed piece of paper and making no comment on the item itself. Nice compromise.

Glad you are getting them done, but that seems like an odd policy. I would hope the rules were the same for everyone.

To me it means they are just authenticating the signature and nothing else. Basically treating it like a signed piece of paper and making no comment on the item itself. Nice compromise.

Yep. They said normally they will only do the instruction manuals if they have comics inside of them.

Hey is there anyone that bought from "Venom" still NOT receive their comics? I sent payment on Oct 22. Waited between 2-3 weeks and still nothing arrived. Messaged him on Nov 11 and was responded on Nov 12 stating a tracking will be given but no tracking was given and no contact since then. About to fill up a dispute and give him another day or so then escalate to claim. I know he has abit of positive feedback here and sold a bunch, anyone know what's going on?

Hey is there anyone that bought from "Venom" still NOT receive their comics? I sent payment on Oct 22. Waited between 2-3 weeks and still nothing arrived. Messaged him on Nov 11 and was responded on Nov 12 stating a tracking will be given but no tracking was given and no contact since then. About to fill up a dispute and give him another day or so then escalate to claim. I know he has abit of positive feedback here and sold a bunch, anyone know what's going on?

Yes that would be your best bet. You better decide quickly cause you have 45 days, unless that 180 day dispute from paypal is still in effect. That is if you did use paypal. I don't know who venom is. Good luck bonzai.

Yep. They said normally they will only do the instruction manuals if they have comics inside of them.

Right. If someone else sends it in with no comics will they get it encapsulated? If the answer is no, that is not consistent.

A-donis:

1) In the PMs you posted there was one from Justin dated 11/12 where he specifically said "wait, I'm still guaranteed a 9.8 right?" What was your response to this, it doesn't show in the chain you posted.

A-donis. Could you answer this question? This is the first indication that the customer is expecting something that you can't provide and there's a problem.

A-donis:

1) In the PMs you posted there was one from Justin dated 11/12 where he specifically said "wait, I'm still guaranteed a 9.8 right?" What was your response to this, it doesn't show in the chain you posted.

A-donis. Could you answer this question? This is the first indication that the customer is expecting something that you can't provide and there's a problem.

No, the first indication was a PM dated 10/15/2014. Justin wrote "Is there any update on this? Did it get signed and Pre-screened as a 9.8? Thanks!!" A-Donis wrote back an hour later saying "All books were signed and subbed." The first time he mentioned that the grade was up to CGC was on 11/12 when he said "Some are graded, some are scheduled for grading. But won't know grades until CGC ships them." That was what caused Justin to write the PM I quoted earlier "Wait, I'm still guaranteed a 9.8 right?".

In my mind, there is no question that A-donis implied a 9.8. Had he not, he would have corrected Justin and said, "hey FYI they were signed and subbed but were not pre-screened (*or couldn't be pre-screened, I'm not sure if you're allowed to pre-screen SS*) and might come back lower. I did my best to get them all 9.8 but I sold these with no guarantee."