• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
18 18

1,571 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2024 at 11:01 PM, batman_fan said:

Dr Evil only has his clothes

Crime does not pay!

On 3/21/2024 at 5:51 PM, batman_fan said:

Finally finished my Freakies figures set

freakies.jpg

Are you aware of the original set of Freakies that were green and orange rubber like material.  They were a premium that you needed to have proof of purchase seals from the cereal box and if I recall, 35 cents.  

On 4/19/2024 at 2:54 PM, Et-Es-Go said:

Are you aware of the original set of Freakies that were green and orange rubber like material.  They were a premium that you needed to have proof of purchase seals from the cereal box and if I recall, 35 cents.  

I have seen them from time to time on eBay and they go for crazy money.  As a kid I had all the t-shirts that you had to order.

On 5/1/2024 at 11:09 AM, Robot Man said:

Cars have sure come a long way. 

Sometimes better.

Sometimes not.

image.jpeg.e66dbe204d4453b75fb3ced5c45f7d78.jpeg

I have collected old advertising signs long before American Pickers made them fashionable. Just anything with great color or subject matter.

Was up early at the flea market yesterday when an older lady pulled this out of the back of her truck. Super cool old gas station sign. Great image, nice shape and a very reasonable price. HAD to buy it. Probably had 5 or 6 people admired it when I took it to my car. It wouldn’t have lasted 5 minutes if I didn’t buy it.

Some days the flea market Gods smile down upon the early worm…

IMG_8873.jpeg

On 5/1/2024 at 11:50 PM, sartrexpress said:

toned coins

While I love silver coins, I'm no fan of toning. Such "toning" is due to sulfur in the air (pollution) causing silver to tarnish:

https://www.canada.ca/en/conservation-institute/services/training-learning/in-person-workshops/understanding-silver-tarnish.html

:frown:

Edited by Hepcat

Although pretty much of my comics and paper are boxed up, my toys, advertising and other stuff is, for the most part, out and on display. I have a large collection room and have a lot of other stuff displayed tastefully around the house. I guess I feel if it is boxed up I am just storing it and not enjoying it. At one time, while during a house remodel, I had to box it all up. It was like Christmas when I opened the boxes after about a year.

I have gotton to the point now where I don’t mind parting with some of it. I am at the point where if I buy something new, I have to make room for it by selling something. I find, that I don’t really miss it because I have enjoyed it for so long. And, if it is boxed up, it isn’t all that important to me anyway. 

On 5/22/2024 at 10:05 AM, Robot Man said:

I have gotton to the point now where I don’t mind parting with some of it. I am at the point where if I buy something new, I have to make room for it by selling something. 

My wife is trying to convince me to embrace a similar but more aggressive approach: she suggests I get rid of two items for each new item I acquire! 

As of now I remain unconvinced.  :/