• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,515 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2023 at 2:13 PM, Dave2739 said:

I'm very fortunate. My wife isn't really into my comic collection but she understands that I'm into it and doesn't tell me what to do or not do. Even when I make big purchases (which I don't do too often), she's very cool about it. 

That's for the best! My wife doesn't actually care, but she's not really a "stuff" person, so she doesn't understand the impulse to accumulate things. Except money. She likes to accumulate money. So in her mind, why would I like to have this junk, when I could have money instead? Sometimes I think she may have a point, but I haven't fully come over to her side yet.

On 11/14/2023 at 12:17 PM, F For Fake said:

That's for the best! My wife doesn't actually care, but she's not really a "stuff" person, so she doesn't understand the impulse to accumulate things. Except money. She likes to accumulate money. So in her mind, why would I like to have this junk, when I could have money instead? Sometimes I think she may have a point, but I haven't fully come over to her side yet.

Money is good, but the bigger books I own are worth a lot more than my initial investment, even in the economic downturn.  All my floppies/CGC books fit in one small closet now.  The only way one would know I'm a comic person is by seeing my collection of Omnis/Hardcovers/TPBs and the odd comic t-shirt.

I've enjoyed the process of selling many books and buying one quality book (classic cover or key) in its place.

On 11/14/2023 at 1:02 PM, F For Fake said:

My wife used to just walk into my office/library, look around the room, and then say "Sell this." I didn't ,so I guess she's given up.

On 11/14/2023 at 1:13 PM, Dave2739 said:

I'm very fortunate. My wife isn't really into my comic collection but she understands that I'm into it and doesn't tell me what to do or not do. Even when I make big purchases (which I don't do too often), she's very cool about it. 

LOL! Yeah, my wife has also given up and doesn't care, but her initial response was hilarious. I've been conscious to cut back though and start to consolidate.

Edited by captainzombie

On 11/17/2023 at 1:04 AM, WolverineX said:

look what showed up in fortnite 

As much as I drag on that game, I wish I was in the right age bracket for it. It's got all my favourite things: Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Transformers, and now Invincible, in ONE game. That's gaming heaven for me. 

On 11/16/2023 at 10:07 AM, Cat said:

As much as I drag on that game, I wish I was in the right age bracket for it. It's got all my favourite things: Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Transformers, and now Invincible, in ONE game. That's gaming heaven for me. 

I seem to recall a GI Joe Classified Snake Eyes figure that had something to do with Fortnite. Are GI Joe characters also in the game?

Dude, it's incredible.  There are a ton of 40+ gamers on that game.  You should join a mature gamer group on facebook and try it out.  

I have optimus prime

On 11/16/2023 at 10:28 AM, Dave2739 said:

I seem to recall a GI Joe Classified Snake Eyes figure that had something to do with Fortnite. Are GI Joe characters also in the game?

Also like the terminator and Mike myers skins

On 11/17/2023 at 12:16 PM, D2 said:

Some books I have been meaning to get for a long time, hardcovers Old Man Logan, Wonder Woman Dead Earth, and Absolute Danger Girl. 

The Danger Girl has been priced so high for so long. Big waiting game on this one. Prices are finally more reasonable now. 

IMG_2752.jpeg

IMG_2753.jpeg

IMG_2759.jpeg

IMG_2757.jpeg

IMG_2758.jpeg

IMG_2754.jpeg

IMG_2756.jpeg

Nice! I bought the Absolute Danger Girl when it came out, and eventually sold it, thinking "Eh, they'll eventually reprint it like everything else." This turns out to have been a dumb idea on my part. 

On 11/20/2023 at 8:42 AM, F For Fake said:

Nice! I bought the Absolute Danger Girl when it came out, and eventually sold it, thinking "Eh, they'll eventually reprint it like everything else." This turns out to have been a dumb idea on my part. 

They still might. I hear the rumblings of an eventual movie coming out (although the creative team behind it leaves much to be desired).

If that does ever come to fruition then they will definitely come out with a reprint. The prices from new are still triple though, but a far cry from where they were a year ago, it was insane!
I really do like this book. 

Edited by D2

IST's Black Friday Week sales start today. Not a HUGE deal, but if you're already ordering, every bit helps, plus they're boosting the repeat buyer discount to 3%.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM ALL OF US AT INSTOCKTRADES! AS A THANK YOU TO ALL OUR GREAT CUSTOMERS, WE HAVE PLANNED AN AWESOME WEEK OF SALES!

All sales included in this email will start and end at 12pm Eastern Standard Time on their specific dates listed below. The following publisher sales may exclude current sale items (Deals of the Week, Manga sale, Red Tag Sale, & Clearance)

Start Date – End Date

Tuesday, November 21st – Tuesday, November 28th
DC up to 45% off
Image up to 45% off
Dark Horse up to 40% off
Marvel up to 42% off

Tuesday, November 21st – Wednesday, November 22nd
Kodansha up to 40% off
Vertical up to 40% off
Viz Media up to 35% off
Yen Press up to 30% off

Wednesday, November 22nd – Thursday, November 23rd
IDW up to 40% off
Boom! Studios up to 35% off

Thursday, November 23rd – Friday, November 24th
Fantagraphics up to 35% off
Dynamite up to 35% off

Friday, November 24th – Tuesday, November 28th
Loyalty Discount, which is normally an additional 2% off, will be bumped up to 3% off!

How do I earn the loyalty discount? Place one order during the promotional period! Each order placed after this order will qualify for the loyalty discount as long as each order is placed within 8 days of the previous order. You can have a string of orders with the loyalty discount.

For the qualifying order, there may be a delay of approximately an hour before you will see this discount reflected on our website or in your cart during the checkout process. The loyalty discount is not effective until it is reflected on our website. We will not honor price adjustments for the interim period.

The extra discount is added to each book in your cart. For example, books that would ordinarily be 40% off will be 43% off. If you are not logged in prior to checking out, the extra discount won’t appear on the site or in your shopping cart until after you log in. Once you are logged in, the extra discount will appear on every book on the site and in your cart.

The extra discount does not apply to gift certificates.

Just a quick reminder that with the holiday season upon us, please be aware that order delays are possible. Also, we ask that emails pertaining to order inquiries be limited to one per order. We understand the need for a speedy transaction at this time of year and will be doing our best to ship orders and quickly as we can. Thank you for your loyalty and understanding!

On 11/21/2023 at 9:55 AM, jeffreyk said:

I order omnibus books from them all the time   I was hoping some books at 60 percent off for black Friday.

They've been doing random price drops, several books have hit 60% off, so hopefully we'll see a few more of those in addition to the discounts. Fingers crossed!

Heads up. Target has 3 for 2 sale and a lot of titles (that also do not show up on amazon) are available. I was able to pick up several masterworks that weren't showing up on IST discount list for close to 27 each, and omnis that never got discounted on IST around 55 to 60 (e.g. conan - I also don't expect later conans to get reprinted for a long while). That's a 60% or better sale right there, and with good choices.

Edited by bronze_rules

On 11/14/2023 at 2:45 PM, piper said:

Money is good, but the bigger books I own are worth a lot more than my initial investment, even in the economic downturn.  All my floppies/CGC books fit in one small closet now.  The only way one would know I'm a comic person is by seeing my collection of Omnis/Hardcovers/TPBs and the odd comic t-shirt.

I've enjoyed the process of selling many books and buying one quality book (classic cover or key) in its place.

I like to think I’d be able to stop collecting, but I expect it would be only temporary. 

But all of my books fit in a dresser too, and much like you, I’ve slowly consolidated into books I’ve always wanted. 

Luckily I have no interest in Golden Age or Silver Age books… and any Bronze/Copper/Modern Age 9.8s north of 10k are of no interest to me. 

I also can’t justify having that in my ‘closet’. I’m not rich enough. If I could afford those items without it effecting my family, I’m sure I would, but that’s not my reality, and likely not my reality in the foreseeable future. 

On 11/22/2023 at 8:45 PM, D2 said:

I like to think I’d be able to stop collecting, but I expect it would be only temporary. 

But all of my books fit in a dresser too, and much like you, I’ve slowly consolidated into books I’ve always wanted. 

Luckily I have no interest in Golden Age or Silver Age books… and any Bronze/Copper/Modern Age 9.8s north of 10k are of no interest to me. 

I also can’t justify having that in my ‘closet’. I’m not rich enough. If I could afford those items without it effecting my family, I’m sure I would, but that’s not my reality, and likely not my reality in the foreseeable future. 

You guys have made some really solid points in this thread. I've done my own soul searching this past year and have come to the realization that we can't hold on to everything and consolidating sometimes is the best course of action. It is one reason as to why I have been turning to Omnibi for runs that I have liked if available, and just get rid of the floppies. If there is a key in that run that I like, I would like to have that book slabbed in a 9.8 for the PC and just getting rid of the rest of the books.

I even collect Transformers toys, and those can be some of the worst due to the amount of molds that get reused for other characters that are similar. I learned that it was one thing that got out of hand, I've learned to just now concentrate on main characters and ones that I really like.