• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2021 at 9:54 AM, kimik said:

So Sony Pictures then. Screw the MCU trying to latch on in desperation......... lol 

I agree.  Far from home is a Sony production and the vast majority of it looks to be call backs to all the Sony films- but with Dr. Strange in it.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

I enjoyed 'Ghostbusters: Afterlife' more than Eternals movie. 'Afterlife' had a solid fresh (young) cast and good directing. Eternals was solid entertainment but quite a bit of it was filmed in a dark forest or cave. I was half expecting ninjas to leap out of the dark trees.

On 11/23/2021 at 12:02 PM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Love the intro.

I loved the intro, hearing Pink Floyd on a theater sound system was fantastic! The movie fell flat for me after that though. One of my friends that I saw it with fell asleep for about 30 minutes and when he woke up I told him he missed absolutely nothing. There was a good section of the film where nothing was happening. 

I liked it better than Black Widow, and I liked it better than Shang-Chi but I give it a 6.5 out of 10.

Edited by Artboy99

On 11/23/2021 at 10:37 PM, Artboy99 said:

I loved the intro, hearing Pink Floyd on a theater sound system was fantastic! The movie fell flat for me after that though. One of my friends that I saw it with fell asleep for about 30 minutes and when he woke up I told him he missed absolutely nothing. There was a good section of the film where nothing was happening. 

I liked it better than Black Widow, and I liked it better than Shang-Chi but I give it a 6.5 out of 10.

I think he falls asleep in many movies… tell him to take a nap in the afternoon.

On 11/8/2021 at 4:00 AM, drotto said:

With Shang-Chi his father was originally Foo Manchu who they consider highly offensive.  The movie changed this, but the historical roots and resentment are still there.  With Eternals it is that Chloe Zhao has been outspoken again the communist party. 

You can still see Nic Cage as Fu Manchu in Shang-Chi’s deleted scenes.

43EA5F9F-98F0-4352-9D97-44616FAF7F99.gif

On 11/27/2021 at 10:20 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Huh.

So...in its first three weeks of release, Eternals did $10 million more than Suicide Squad did in just its opening weekend.

:roflmao:

Gatsby - always bringing the passive-aggressive pie to the party

On 11/27/2021 at 11:20 AM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Marvel movies are still making strides out there.

Marvel_BO211127.thumb.PNG.617df43d27676aa3e050cca122abe458.PNG

Just one of them is not part of a 26-film franchise with all slack granted to each production that gets released nowadays.