• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

On 4/1/2023 at 1:32 PM, Professor K said:

1988 comic. Movie's from 1979 or 80. I guess it's another example of people who were kids back then who now have some money bidding up books. Nostaligia is in the eye of the beholder. 

Sure but WHY!?! There are 73 9.8s on the census.  Last 2 sales were under $3K.  It is nonsensical.

On 4/1/2023 at 3:35 PM, RareHighGrade said:

The results on the books I was watching were strong and, in many cases, record-breaking.

If you are watching to sell, then :applause:

If you are watching to buy, then :frown:

On 4/1/2023 at 12:20 PM, mjoeyoung said:

Another WTF, 

Aliens #1 9.8 for White Pages for $7500.

Highest sale EVER was only $3350.

Wow, that’s pretty nuts. I mean I love that movie, but $7500 🤯. Me thinks copper movie titles are really coming into their own. Doesn’t Predator 1 in a 9.8 sell for a small fraction of that?

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 4/1/2023 at 2:48 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Wow, that’s pretty nuts. I mean I love that movie, but $7500 🤯. Me thinks copper movie titles are really coming into their own. Doesn’t Predator 1 in a 9.8 sell for a small fraction of that?

Yeah, but way more Predator 1 9.8's out there, so it'll probably only go for $5,000. :D

On 4/1/2023 at 6:47 PM, Professor K said:

Me too. About doubled what I was willing to pay. I didn't bid. 

I bid early bit got outbid.  It was sitting at around 6k a few days before the auction closed so I was thinking I may have a shot.

On 4/1/2023 at 9:26 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

Let me guess . . . you held off because you're trying to save up for this stunning Wolverine 1 black line variant that's available on eBay, is that it?

wolvebay.JPG

Almost bought that, but I'm holding out for an 8.0. :wishluck:

On 4/1/2023 at 5:43 PM, batman_fan said:

Really nice eye appeal but wow, strong price.

Screen Shot 2023-04-01 at 6.43.02 PM.png

Looks like nothing more than a continuation of the ongoing strong prices that we have been seeing on the early Fox books.  (thumbsu

This Wonderworld 7 being not only a classic cover, but probably the best cover in the entire Wonderworld run should really be not much of a surprise considering that a equivalent graded 3.0 copy had sold for $10,200 back in April of 202.  :applause:

The one that did surprised me a bit at how strong it finished up at was this copy of a non-classic cover Mystery Men 9 which finished at $6,600:  :whatthe:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/mystery-men-comics-9-fox-1940-cgc-vg-fn-50-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7339-94140.s

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Mystery Men Comics #9 (Fox, 1940) CGC VG/FN 5.0 Cream to off-white pages....

Than again, I guess it should really not have been that surprising considering this issue seems to be a real toughie to find in grade.  Especially considering that this mid-grade 5.0 copy is still the 3rd highest graded copy and surpassed by the Church copy at only a CGC 9.0 and the 2nd highest just a slight notch higher at a grade of only CGC 5.5.  :whatthe:   :cloud9:

Edited by lou_fine