• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2023 at 5:52 PM, Courageous Cat said:
On 4/2/2023 at 5:08 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

I guess there's no such thing as a run-filler any more. To me that's a $20 book raw.

I couldn't agree more 

Are you two sure about this, because word on the street was that it was 2 boardies (i.e. jimbo and Courageius Cat) that were in heat for this book and were in a big cat fight for it and took it all the way up to the final $3,960 winning price?  :slapfight:  :slapfight:  :takeit:

On 4/2/2023 at 11:42 PM, lou_fine said:

Are you two sure about this, because word on the street was that it was 2 boardies (i.e. jimbo and Courageius Cat) that were in heat for this book and were in a big cat fight for it and took it all the way up to the final $3,960 winning price?  :slapfight:  :slapfight:  :takeit:

boy thats just great! I see NDA agreements aren't worth the paper their written on anymore :shiftyeyes:

On 4/2/2023 at 4:04 PM, szav said:
On 4/2/2023 at 3:34 PM, lou_fine said:

My thinking is that if it ever came back to market on a second go-round here, it would be probably one of the few Promise retread winners considering how well the Promise copy of Mask 1 did on its second go round. 

I agree.  It seemed like it belonged in the 100k club at the time (at least given the sorts of lesser seeming books that were joining in that parade at the time)  and was one of the few disappointments of the auction at 60k imo. 

Agree 110% with you that whoever got the Promise copy of Suspense 8 got it for a steal of a deal.  Especially when you consider that it was a CGC 9.2 graded copy with the next highest graded much further down at only CGC 7.5.  The single highest graded copy of a L.B. Cole all-time classic cover for only $60K, considering all of the other silly money being paid for PCH books lately in much lesser grades.  If only I could afford it.   :takeit:

On 4/2/2023 at 4:04 PM, szav said:

Isn't the Church copy known to be in the 9.6 range? 

No idea about the grade except I know that Chuck had it listed as a NM+ copy in his Mile High catalog.  The one time that I did see it was when it was sitting on the top shelf inside a glass enclosed mahogoney amoire display cabinet with the Church copy of Mask 1 right beside it during the Diamond Int'l Galleries grand opening.  Absolutely no need to worry about dull colors here as even from a distance, the colors were just glowing as if the book had just come right off the printing press!!  :luhv:  :cloud9: 

Edited by lou_fine

On 4/2/2023 at 5:05 PM, sagii said:

I know you've stated you're not tech savvy,  but it should be the same process as posting the HA and other books you post here.

Copying pictures from auction websites such as HA, CC, or CL is just that.................nice and simple copy and then paste.  (thumbsu

Copying pictures from your camera to a computer................definitely NOT the same thing, let alone trying to copy it to a another platform.  (shrug)

On 4/3/2023 at 12:29 AM, lou_fine said:

Copying pictures from your camera to a computer................definitely NOT the same thing, let alone trying to copy it to a another platform.  (shrug)

Digital camera?

If so, it should come with a USB connection. 

1. Plug wire into camera and other end into PC. 
  2. Turn on camera.
  3. PC should recognize the camera automatically and give you a file folder view into your pictures.
  4. Copy picture to PC or into a post on the Forum.

On 4/2/2023 at 11:51 PM, Dark Knight said:

Found my old photo of the book when I took it around 2008.  Had a spine roll which I never had pressed out.  I thought I slabbed it, but I was wrong.  It was sold raw and in its original state.

Hit Comics 5 GVG.jpg

I stand corrected

On 4/3/2023 at 1:51 AM, Dark Knight said:

Found my old photo of the book when I took it around 2008.  Had a spine roll which I never had pressed out.  I thought I slabbed it, but I was wrong.  It was sold raw and in its original state.

Hit Comics 5 GVG.jpg

Curious- when you sold it raw like this what grade did you give it?  Did you judge it as having potential for CGC 4.5?

On 4/3/2023 at 12:29 PM, lou_fine said:

It's exactly the same thing.  Take a pic with your smartphone.  Access the Boards with your smartphone.  Copy and paste the pic from your smartphone to your post.

Or if you access the Boards via a PC, plug your smartphone via USB into your PC.  Access the photo drive of your smartphone from your PC and copy and paste the pic to your post.

On 4/3/2023 at 10:32 AM, tth2 said:

It's exactly the same thing.  Take a pic with your smartphone.  Access the Boards with your smartphone.  Copy and paste the pic from your smartphone to your post.

Or if you access the Boards via a PC, plug your smartphone via USB into your PC.  Access the photo drive of your smartphone from your PC and copy and paste the pic to your post.

Or send an email via SmartPhone to yourself.  View your emails on your PC and download the photo.

The point being, that it is very simple to deal with photos taken viewa a digital camera or a Smart Phone.

Edited by adamstrange

On 4/3/2023 at 10:44 PM, adamstrange said:
On 4/3/2023 at 10:32 PM, tth2 said:

Or send an email via SmartPhone to yourself.  Via your emails on your PC and download the photo.

The point being, that it is very simple to deal with photos taken via a digital camera or a Smart Phone.

Our frustration with lame IT excuses boileth over exactly the same! lol

Dean will probably reply that he doesn't have one of those newfangled smartphones, he's still using a Motorola StarTac, or that he doesn't use a digital camera, he still uses an old analog film camera.

On 4/3/2023 at 7:53 AM, tth2 said:

Our frustration with lame IT excuses boileth over exactly the same! lol

Dean will probably reply that he doesn't have one of those newfangled smartphones, he's still using a Motorola StarTac, or that he doesn't use a digital camera, he still uses an old analog film camera.

Like Mehdy - big on the tell, not so much on the show

On 4/3/2023 at 6:56 AM, whomerjay said:

Curious- when you sold it raw like this what grade did you give it?  Did you judge it as having potential for CGC 4.5?

At that time, I was sort of new in the hobby and didn't know anything about pressing and such.  I gave it a GD/VG grade. Now obviously it looks better with that spine roll press.

On 4/2/2023 at 9:21 PM, Black Bat said:

Yeah those were pretty dark- one upside of more books coming to auction, it's getting a bit easier to let the uglies go...

however I just couldn't resist this with the entire bottom edge of the cover missing!  Lol!  Telling myself it works visually with the other jagged edges in the composition, and conceptually in terms of the degradation and decay the dug grave foretells. (: (:(:

Screen Shot 2023-04-02 at 8.14.18 PM.png

I tried really hard to talk myself into this one!  You are obviously better at rationalization than I am.  There were a few other low graders that inched past my max bid.  I did get the Blue Bolt #113.  Clean punch holes don't bother me! :bigsmile:

On 4/4/2023 at 2:23 AM, Robot Man said:
On 4/3/2023 at 11:49 PM, Dr. Love said:

Like Mehdy - big on the tell, not so much on the show

Haven’t seen ‘ole Mitch posting in the Promise thread for quite a while…hm

He's laying low, trying to avoid some visitors from down South.

S is for Scary Twins | Breaking bad, Breaking bad seasons, Breaking bad  actors

On 4/3/2023 at 2:40 PM, mjoeyoung said:

I tried really hard to talk myself into this one!  You are obviously better at rationalization than I am.  There were a few other low graders that inched past my max bid.  I did get the Blue Bolt #113.  Clean punch holes don't bother me! :bigsmile:

haha- I was admiring that 113 too. def a very cool looking low grade book.  I wonder what other books that person had in their 3 ring binder?

On 4/3/2023 at 7:53 AM, tth2 said:

Definitely more up with the times as I DO have one of those newfangled cell phones (i.e. an iPhone 6) and my better half has an iPhone 12 which she complains about every single day wishing that she could get her 6 back instead of the 12 that the kids gave her for Christmas the other year.  lol

Now, as for my PC at home which has all of my ongoing worksheets, documents, and the one which I am using right now and for pretty much everything else, that indeed might be a completely different story there.  :bigsmile: