• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Market correction , will we see any effect on comics?
7 7

476 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2022 at 9:46 AM, Wolverinex said:

You should get in unless you are retiring 

yes. now i just need to find the password to get into my retirement account...

unfortunately i am trying to sell my mother's apartment. it took a long time to get the probate stuff through and then a neighbor jerked me around and backed out. the timing is not great now.

On 6/13/2022 at 3:26 PM, Wolverinex said:

My suspicion is that they will start getting hit as the recession continues.  We literally entered bear market today, there is likely much more to go.... 

we entered a bear market in march 2020, it did not last that long. but now we have oil prices pushing issues. 

On 6/15/2022 at 1:34 AM, the blob said:

we entered a bear market in march 2020, it did not last that long. but now we have oil prices pushing issues. 

I think we never left the bear market we just papered over it when interest rates fell to zero and all that stimmy was printed to prolong the damage created by covid lockdowns.  Now we have a huge problem with inflation and they have no choice to raise rates once again and tighten monetary policy which is gonna cause unemployment to rise as well.  Not looking good right now for the next couple years. 

On 6/15/2022 at 12:54 PM, yogi_bear13 said:

I think we never left the bear market we just papered over it when interest rates fell to zero and all that stimmy was printed to prolong the damage created by covid lockdowns.  Now we have a huge problem with inflation and they have no choice to raise rates once again and tighten monetary policy which is gonna cause unemployment to rise as well.  Not looking good right now for the next couple years. 

Yes, lots of companies firing people already.  Could flood the market with their assets to get liquidity. 

On 6/16/2022 at 3:54 AM, GermanFan said:

From all countries in the world america has the best conditions. Its the only country that has everything it needs and could be self sustainable.

From Alaska to Hawaii. The pacific and the atlantic seaboard. In fact only one border, Mexico. With the commodity rich Canada in the north and a cheap manufacturing base in Mexico to replace China (China has none of this advantages, China is effed).

I am sure the americans will see a political U Turn in the not to far future ("america first") and after a turmoil lasting a couple of years it will see a big rise (manufacturing will come back. USA will produce its own energy again).

In this world of crisis, the USA will come out well in the end. So in this time frame of uncertainity, (comic wise) occasions will happen.

Germs have lasted longer than anything. Outlived all ups and downs. Money and sales still seem exorbitant to me. I know the place I was in Asheville yesterday was having no money issues at all. It was solid bragging about sales and activity in person and over internet.

Asheville is crowded similar to a resort area with trash and zombies walking up and down streets. We got yelled at by mentally Ill kids and adults.

Town under pressure from drugs not the economy it appears to me. Money was flowing fine.

On 6/16/2022 at 9:07 AM, JB123 said:

Germs have lasted longer than anything. Outlived all ups and downs. Money and sales still seem exorbitant to me. I know the place I was in Asheville yesterday was having no money issues at all. It was solid bragging about sales and activity in person and over internet.

Asheville is crowded similar to a resort area with trash and zombies walking up and down streets. We got yelled at by mentally Ill kids and adults.

Town under pressure from drugs not the economy it appears to me. Money was flowing fine.

The Biltmore

On 6/16/2022 at 3:54 AM, GermanFan said:

I am sure the americans will see a political U Turn in the not to far future ("america first") and after a turmoil lasting a couple of years it will see a big rise (manufacturing will come back. USA will produce its own energy again).

In this world of crisis, the USA will come out well in the end. So in this time frame of uncertainity, (comic wise) occasions will happen.

Only a non American would say that.  I am not so optimistic.    Too much misinformation.

On 6/17/2022 at 6:24 PM, EastEnd1 said:

From what I see comparing to GPA, the AF15's dropped by 30%.  Same with the 8.0 X-Men #1. 

I agree. Those 2 books suffered the most in terms of a drop in price for mega key silver age books in practically all grades.

The FF 1 8.5 copy sold for what 100k less than the previous two 8.5's that sold recently. Ouch!

X

On 6/17/2022 at 10:04 PM, Dark Knight said:

I agree. Those 2 books suffered the most in terms of a drop in price for mega key silver age books in practically all grades.

The FF 1 8.5 copy sold for what 100k less than the previous two 8.5's that sold recently. Ouch!

I was looking to upgrade my X-men 1 during that time and watched/bid in auctions that wound up pushing me away from even trying. It and a few other books were just racing so high too quickly and made me wonder if the new money had ever been to a show. 3-4 years ago X-men 1 was easily found at several dealers table in multiple grades, even on the last day.

I sold a dozen or so Mantle graded cards and the prices paid were astonishing. I have been looking for a Jordan rookie card and have noticed those and the cards I sold have had a sharp price decline (at least in the grades I look for). 

I joked in another thread though, not all books are dropping hard, I had hoped to finish off my Hulk 1-6 run and certainly paid a premium for an issue last month.