• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,222 posts in this topic

On 11/10/2021 at 7:25 AM, Ryan. said:

Unless it helps the final price since the major defect is hidden on the interior. 

It's $2500 behind the 8.0 that ends around the same time tomorrow, so it looks like it's having a negative effect.

Edited by Hulksdaddy1

On 11/16/2021 at 12:31 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

The one on c link went for 20k and the one on heritage went or 24k a few days later....

-J.

On 11/18/2021 at 11:17 AM, Jaydogrules said:

The one on c link went for 20k and the one on heritage went or 24k a few days later....

-J.

Sure but clink takes 10% so seller nets 18,000 on clink. Heritage takes 30% (20% bp and 10% on the hammer) so net is around 17,000. Higher number looks great but not for the seller lol.

side note, a Cgc 9.8 and a 9.4 first prints will be available in the next few days. Anyone interested message me.

On 11/22/2021 at 12:23 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Either it shows that sales are weakening a little, or there is NO extra value for Kevin's signature on that book.  Same price as the August sale, 4,000 less than the October sale (which may have just been an outlier).  

On 11/22/2021 at 9:23 AM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

I'd skip for a blue label 9.2. It's coming down to Eastman signing everything like Stan.

On 11/22/2021 at 1:41 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Either it shows that sales are weakening a little, or there is NO extra value for Kevin's signature on that book.  Same price as the August sale, 4,000 less than the October sale (which may have just been an outlier).  

I don't know what the market does or doesn't add for his signature, but to me its so widely available that it should be worthless.     Its almost easier to find a signed copy than an unsigned copy at this point.

On 11/23/2021 at 6:46 PM, Bronty said:

Beat me to it, but yeah.   I'd rather have a clean copy as well.   I wouldn't mind the older school sigs they used to do on the inside fc in ballpoint.   The big metallic sprawled sig and sketch is not for me.

I thought I was alone preferring clean copies and the original/early sigs. Perhaps Kevin signing everything is driving up the scarcity of the non signed copies.

On 11/24/2021 at 5:22 PM, Icculus308win said:

How is there no talk of this one? Graffiti 9.8   
Or I guess all in General about it. I think it’s waaaay too much, a little busy is an understatement imho. BUT the back I do like, a lot. Very unique  and cool. 

Now to me, the book is ruined.

On 11/24/2021 at 8:22 PM, Icculus308win said:

How is there no talk of this one? Graffiti 9.8   
Or I guess all in General about it. I think it’s waaaay too much, a little busy is an understatement imho. BUT the back I do like, a lot. Very unique  and cool. 

All I can say is...wow. Someone really likes the hot mess look. Not my thing but let's see where it goes, $60K with 14 days to go.

I speculate that the ComicConnect 9.8 wins out of the two.  I actually like the creative full book design in a way, but that belongs on a mid grade copy...preferably a 2nd or 3rd print, or 4th, or 5th...or on someone's dinner table placemat instead....    I can not fathom why anyone would deface a 9.8 first print like that when the whole idea of a 9.8 is that it's supposed to be pristine.  But I also hate sig series 9.8 of any book really.

Lost is the ultra sharp look flawless 9.8 look, and lost is the entire cover art itself....you can't even see it.  Just a terrible idea, you've basically blended together two pictures so that neither makes sense without painstaking study.  It's really hard to look it....but I hope they find someone who likes it.