• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

6,943 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2021 at 11:49 AM, dikran1 said:

You forgot the Spider-Woman 2 9.8 that went for 760$ :insane:

Last sale 120$ 90day 125$ +633% :whatthe:

I am sure I missed a few other interesting ones too.   And I apologize to the Modern peeps out there - I just don't know all variant cover stuff and am too lazy to dig in.   

On 10/6/2021 at 5:30 PM, Microchip said:

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 11.28.01 am.png

This particular person, at least, seems to be collecting ASM 194 in every CGC grade. He's only missing the very low grades which he could arguably "make" himself, and a 9.2/9.4/9.9/10 (shrug)

I've heard of people doing this before actually... You would need a Key Book to do it too since it needs a lot of slabbed books across a whole range of grades.

Edited by sckao

On 10/12/2021 at 8:18 PM, sckao said:

This particular person, at least, seems to be collecting ASM 194 in every CGC grade. He's only missing the very low grades which he could arguably "make" himself, and a 9.2/9.4/9.9/10 (shrug)

I've heard of people doing this before actually... You would need a Key Book to do it too since it needs a lot of slabbed books across a whole range of grades.

My guess is just a investor. When I see a spec book and it's enough under fmv I will buy it regardless of the grade. When something goes up they all go up. Just pure luck they stumbled upon good enough deals for those low grades. 

On 10/13/2021 at 12:22 PM, rexinnih said:

I have the feeling that when they announce X-Men for MCU, the tide will rise. 

This could just be my personal bias showing, but I always thought Gambit was among the more goofy characters in the X-Universe ... and though I did my due diligence and got myself a 9.8 to say I had one, I never thought it was some kind of blue chip.

On 10/13/2021 at 2:44 PM, october said:

Wondering how much this reflects the market vs the market on CLink auctions. My results were always...mixed...on there.

I agree with this. They did very well at the start of the spike, was pretty shocking how well and above gpa they hit. At the peak they were setting highs.

Now I have mentioned before I have 21 books in my win column in this auction and all are pretty well priced.

On 10/13/2021 at 11:44 AM, october said:

Wondering how much this reflects the market vs the market on CLink auctions. My results were always...mixed...on there.

CL does seem particularly soft these past few auctions.    But I have also observed some of these same books comping down vs prior sales on Heritage each week.    But you can also see books that over perform within the same auction.  

On 10/13/2021 at 12:55 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Why does it always feel like when I am bidding on auctions, the prices are climb but when I'm selling, they always seem to be ease up a bit?

Every time I have won an auction in the past 12 months - the joy of victory is immediately followed by the thought of "am I the chump here"?    A few of my purchases were on GPA as the high sale for a brief time which further amplifies the thought.   Always a relief when the next "chump" comes in behind you.   

On 10/13/2021 at 5:09 PM, Thisisrequired said:

I think it's been long overdue for a thread name change. Are prices still plummeting or have we reached the bottom yet. 

How about "I look at this data and continue to :spoon: myself when I realize the sales value of my collection is 12x-15x more that what it was a mere couple of years ago." 

Edited by bluehorseshoe

On 10/13/2021 at 2:09 PM, Thisisrequired said:

I think it's been long overdue for a thread name change. Are prices still plummeting or have we reached the bottom yet. 

:wishluck:

On 10/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, Murphman13 said:

I think the bottom is still a ways away before the plummeting ends. Perhaps the more appropriate verb would be "correcting"

I am reminded of the legend about dying if you hit the ground with a failed parachute in a nightmare. I have done it many times, and I have woken up every time..., after the bounce.. , thus far...,

I had a dream the other night where I failed to stop a home invasion, due to a misfire, and was sumarrily (sp) executed due to my resistance..., still here, baby! :banana:In a cold sweat, oiling my shotgun. :wink:

If I don't choke out tonight..., or die in traffic tomorrow..., lol I will be here tomorrow night! :banana:

On 10/13/2021 at 11:26 PM, lizards2 said:

I am reminded of the legend about dying if you hit the ground with a failed parachute in a nightmare. I have done it many times, and I have woken up every time..., after the bounce.. , thus far...,

I had a dream the other night where I failed to stop a home invasion, due to a misfire, and was sumarrily (sp) executed due to my resistance..., still here, baby! :banana:In a cold sweat, oiling my shotgun. :wink:

If I don't choke out tonight..., or die in traffic tomorrow..., lol I will be here tomorrow night! :banana:

Tomorrow, your wife will put your carcass in the backyard for maggots or coyotes.