• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Comic Art Show
4 4

264 posts in this topic

I think this show will be distinct from the other show, and continue to hold viewers attention, so long as the items on offer are always 'new to market' stuff that hasn't been seen before.  Can't say that will translate to sales, but people will tune in if the wares are new.

3 minutes ago, marktom said:

I'm all for more art being offered for sale and I hope things go well for them. But I'd suggest that next time one of the Dealmakers offers up a page for $1400 they should check to make sure it's not for sale on the other Dealmaker's site for $595 like this Paul Neary Captain America page is:

https://www.nostalgicinvestments.com/comic-art/captain-america-292-p21

WOW.... @AnkurJ

6 hours ago, marktom said:

I'm all for more art being offered for sale and I hope things go well for them. But I'd suggest that next time one of the Dealmakers offers up a page for $1400 they should check to make sure it's not still listed for sale on the other Dealmaker's site for $595 - like this Paul Neary Captain America page is:

:takeit: at $595....

8 hours ago, marktom said:

I'm all for more art being offered for sale and I hope things go well for them. But I'd suggest that next time one of the Dealmakers offers up a page for $1400 they should check to make sure it's not still listed for sale on the other Dealmaker's site for $595 - like this Paul Neary Captain America page is:

That makes me sad...

13 hours ago, marktom said:

And Glen offered up a "fairly priced" "3/4" splash by Pop Mhan for $2000.  Although he did reluctantly drop it to $1600 at the end of the show.  Burkey has 5 pages from the same issue from $250 to $350.  What the ever-livin' hell?

17 hours ago, Ted_L said:

I like Bechara's matter-of-fact style and while there were no huge bargains, a lot of his art was fairly priced.  Glen will probably need to start a bit lower in the future to generate more interest.

No need to see the show to know this already... :bigsmile:

1 hour ago, DFart said:

And Glen offered up a "fairly priced" "3/4" splash by Pop Mhan for $2000.  Although he did reluctantly drop it to $1600 at the end of the show.  Burkey has 5 pages from the same issue from $250 to $350.  What the ever-livin' hell?

Based on the prices he quoted, I think Glen is a long-lost Donnelly brother.  :roflmao:

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Based on the prices he quoted, I think Glen is a long-lost Donnelly brother.  :roflmao:

How can you be a "dealer" and be that far off?  Do you think I could buy them from Burkey and then sell them to Glen for $800 each?  I wonder why I haven't bought anything from Glen.  Bechara even tried to tell him it was more like a half-splash and he still couldn't turn off the gaslight.

2 minutes ago, DFart said:

How can you be a "dealer" and be that far off?  Do you think I could buy them from Burkey and then sell them to Glen for $800 each?  I wonder why I haven't bought anything from Glen.  Bechara even tried to tell him it was more like a half-splash and he still couldn't turn off the gaslight.

Are we really that surprised after we witness Glen purchasing several pages from Dino during ADD, and posting them on his website 3X the price just a week after.

36 minutes ago, Matches_Malone said:

Are we really that surprised after we witness Glen purchasing several pages from Dino during ADD, and posting them on his website 3X the price just a week after.

No, but what's driving it?  Does he really think that is what they are worth?  Is he trying to accelerate the lower tier stuff to add value to all of his creme-de-la-creme?  Just mind boggling that he can have that much experience and yet be that blind.  I also didn't like the fact that Will & Bechara didn't laugh when he brought out a $300 page for $2000.  At least Bechara said that it wasn't 3/4 splash.

10 minutes ago, DFart said:

No, but what's driving it? 

Greed, and an assumption that some buyers are stupid.

Considering what more than a few pieces have commanded, that assumption has a basis in fact.

Let me add that I think a goodly amount of the "creme-de-la-creme" is more like low fat cottage cheese, and even that may be somewhat generous.