• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Lurkers! Yes you! Why don’t you post more?
15 15

972 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2021 at 4:56 PM, 500Club said:

Has to be.  Dupcak was in prison.  JJJ was played by an actor who starred in a prison series.  Slam dunk.  :idea:

If JJJ is Cupcak then I'm a monkey's uncle.  Goofy.  Apparently they have their best minds on the case. lol 

On 10/29/2021 at 4:30 PM, Domo Arigato said:

No doubt.  I might as well be.....with all the ridiculous accusations flying around.

Why do people lurk?

I have a better question.......Why don't more people lurk?

Technically, I’d say more people do lurk these days.

There are a huge amount of relatively frequent posters from the past that just stick to PMs because why bother?

There have been a million worse threads than that one but your point is valid. It’s the same old same old from the same old people many who have vociferously complained in the past whenever someone has said anything remotely disagreeable to them.

Dudes gonna get some learning when/if he gets those books back from CGC. Cool. He is probably overestimating his grading ability. After the first ten guys told him that, I’m pretty sure anyone would be a bit put off. Nothing wrong with people who are giant tools from the word go being drilled a bit but not knowing how to grade and/or having any idea how CGC grades falls very short of that threshold. 

The conspiracy theories after that are more dumb than anything but again to your point why would anyone bother especially when they don’t have to go very far to find many of those same people extolling their own fabulous virtues? lol

And I could not give two rusty forks if new people post. It would be cool to have discussions about comic books and find people with more knowledge and history of the hobby but it’s not a mystery why many probably don’t after seeing this play out over and over. And not the “that’s what she said” stuff. While annoying, who cares? 

On 10/29/2021 at 4:01 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I think it was a simple mistake, which I explained in my post in that thread.

And I welcome everyone to go in there and read the FULL exchange.  If that's how we show a new member that they were wrong or made a mistake,.....I certainly don't blame him one bit for not coming back to that thread.  If I was a new member that was away from the forum for a while and came back to that fuster cluck......I wouldn't dignify it with a response either.

We're just gonna have to disagree on this.

On 10/30/2021 at 1:07 AM, kav said:

If JJJ is Cupcak then I'm a monkey's uncle.  Goofy.  Apparently they have their best minds on the case. lol 

Like this guy for example....

co62Bii.jpg

On 10/29/2021 at 8:17 PM, Joe Peck said:

Now the other problem was I broke one of my Cardinal Rules: Never Drink and Post.  There should be jail time or something so people like me remember to stay away from the computer after drinking. 

I do some of my best work whilst imbibing. :tink:

On 10/30/2021 at 1:19 AM, Fisionbomb said:

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID 

Yep

On 10/29/2021 at 11:15 PM, Fisionbomb said:

That's what she said.

We heard you the first time...   meh

On 10/29/2021 at 3:16 PM, skypinkblu said:

One thing I've tried not to mention, but since some others have...I hope some of the "she said" stuff stops.  I really hope to see more females post and stay around here and I just don't see that kind of posting as gender friendly.  

Edited by G G © ® ™

On 10/29/2021 at 8:17 PM, Joe Peck said:

For those on this thread with positive comments . . . thanks! :D

I'm assuming the post above was about me.  If not than forgive this rant.

Trouble with the internet is words come out totally wrong.  First, I never accused anyone, and certainly never mentioned a "robojo" unless that's the name for Kellyssuperheroes on this forum.  Here is what I said:

and then I said this to JJ and it came out all wrong.  I should never have said "prove it".  What I meant was can you explain to me what you are seeing that makes you say it's not the book I thought, but it came out as a taunt:

Then came some back and forth about whether or not I was holding a book from Kellyssuperheroes or not that really had nothing to do with my original post which was to bump an 8 year old post about an Ebay seller who may or may not be using unethical sales methods, but whose listings do seem odd even today.  The accusation in the thread is that they are books taken from slabs that cracked and sold as higher grade.  I did not make that accusation, it is in the thread. Now the other problem was I broke one of my Cardinal Rules: Never Drink and Post.  There should be jail time or something so people like me remember to stay away from the computer after drinking.  I thought the book I photographed that night came from Kellyssuperheroes, but in fact it did not.  I have since had a long email back and forth with Kellyssuperheroes and he has been immensely gracious and simply cancelled the order after reading the thread here on CGC and realizing my intention.  He went further in offering to help with advice on any of my future purchases.  Anyways the point is 1) I did not accuse anyone of anything I said "if" it's true then I would rather not buy from Kelly again, but as he has been so gracious I find I am willing to reconsider buying from him in the future, and 2) I was confused about which book I had, but that was so ancillary to my desire to bump an important thread, and once I woke up no longer under the influence of alcohol I simply felt it wasn't worth discussing further.  I had bumped the thread and that was enough.  Now, however, it appears folks feel I accused somebody of something.  If I did, it was not my intention and I am sorry and apologize.

As for this thread and the two sides.  Fear not - at 55 I have super thick skin (maybe too thick in the head at times) so I intend to stay . . .ohh . . . and one last point.  Someone posted I did not take the advice I asked for in the MoonKnight/ water damage thread.  I totally disagree.  All I asked was can pressing repair the damage.  I never asked for opinions on what I should do with my book that I intend to keep, but I got plenty of "hey dude, your book sucks, go buy a better one and don't waste money repairing junk."  Well, like the Cap thread it's my junk and my money so I plan on repairing it whether dollars make sense or not (but I still think I will come out ahead in the long run :D   )

That was one long post . . . from a not so lurker anymore.  Peace y'all.  Hey I found another "Key" today in my collection!!

Imma just say that for a noob, you sound like a veteran. :headbang:

Carry on!

On 10/29/2021 at 5:17 PM, Joe Peck said:

Trouble with the internet is words come out totally wrong.  First, I never accused anyone, and certainly never mentioned a "robojo" unless that's the name for Kellyssuperheroes on this forum.  Here is what I said:

and then I said this to JJ and it came out all wrong.  I should never have said "prove it".  What I meant was can you explain to me what you are seeing that makes you say it's not the book I thought, but it came out as a taunt:

Then came some back and forth about whether or not I was holding a book from Kellyssuperheroes or not that really had nothing to do with my original post which was to bump an 8 year old post about an Ebay seller who may or may not be using unethical sales methods, but whose listings do seem odd even today.  The accusation in the thread is that they are books taken from slabs that cracked and sold as higher grade.  I did not make that accusation, it is in the thread. Now the other problem was I broke one of my Cardinal Rules: Never Drink and Post.  There should be jail time or something so people like me remember to stay away from the computer after drinking.  I thought the book I photographed that night came from Kellyssuperheroes, but in fact it did not.  I have since had a long email back and forth with Kellyssuperheroes and he has been immensely gracious and simply cancelled the order after reading the thread here on CGC and realizing my intention.  He went further in offering to help with advice on any of my future purchases.  Anyways the point is 1) I did not accuse anyone of anything I said "if" it's true then I would rather not buy from Kelly again, but as he has been so gracious I find I am willing to reconsider buying from him in the future, and 2) I was confused about which book I had, but that was so ancillary to my desire to bump an important thread, and once I woke up no longer under the influence of alcohol I simply felt it wasn't worth discussing further.  I had bumped the thread and that was enough.  Now, however, it appears folks feel I accused somebody of something.  If I did, it was not my intention and I am sorry and apologize.

As for this thread and the two sides.  Fear not - at 55 I have super thick skin (maybe too thick in the head at times) so I intend to stay . . .ohh . . . and one last point.  Someone posted I did not take the advice I asked for in the MoonKnight/ water damage thread.  I totally disagree.  All I asked was can pressing repair the damage.  I never asked for opinions on what I should do with my book that I intend to keep, but I got plenty of "hey dude, your book sucks, go buy a better one and don't waste money repairing junk."  Well, like the Cap thread it's my junk and my money so I plan on repairing it whether dollars make sense or not (but I still think I will come out ahead in the long run :D   )

That was one long post . . . from a not so lurker anymore.  Peace y'all.  Hey I found another "Key" today in my collection!!

Sooooo many words.

This is why nobody likes lurkers.

CAABCA31-0134-43B6-B786-35B310E178AE.gif

On 10/30/2021 at 1:25 AM, VintageComics said:

Imma just say that for a noob, you sound like a veteran. :headbang:

In the old days there would have been a pitchfork crumpet roasting witch-hunt with the droogs baying for blood and shouting SHILL...SHILL...at the top of their voices.

On 10/29/2021 at 6:18 AM, Buzzetta said:

What some of you do not realize is that I saved this great nation from Kav's intended consequences after someone besmirched him by advising him that his desired actions, would at the minimum, lead to his banishment from the boards to possibly his arrest and conviction, let alone the loss of life on a planetary level.

"Everyone needs a rabbi", as my friend here in town says. 

I mean I have one of my own... but it's weird lately as he keeps calling me his "Tribal Chief".

Buzz gave me a lot of advice that I did not aks for.  I did not go MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS YOU $#@@!@!! CONDESCENDING *%$#!.
It was taken in and completely rewired my world view on moderation, which I had believed was out to get me, biased, and stupid.
This is the ONLY way rewiring happens.  You cannot do it by 'self reflection', because your mirror is a fun house mirror.  You have to take outside evidence.  Someone who sees what is happening, from the outside.  This is the whole point of Sufi and Zen and other such groups.  

On 10/29/2021 at 7:17 PM, Joe Peck said:

WTTB!

On 10/30/2021 at 1:28 AM, kav said:

Buzz gave me a lot of advice that I did not aks for.  I did not go MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS YOU $#@@!@!! CONDESCENDING *%$#!.

I gave Hollywood good advice. He completely ignored it.  

On 10/29/2021 at 7:17 PM, Joe Peck said:

@James J Johnson

Here is the reply you might have wanted, I'm hopeful glad it's posted here, as it could all be circumstancial 

On 10/29/2021 at 5:17 PM, Joe Peck said:

I do not see you as some delicate flower that needs protecting.  When I joined I was piled on like none other.  I was accused of being 3 different shills.  Hundreds of pages were devoted to excoriating me.  I stuck around, learning as I went.