• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Lurkers! Yes you! Why don’t you post more?
15 15

972 posts in this topic

On 10/27/2021 at 7:17 PM, kav said:

FTFY

Yes posting things people like is real sad!

On 10/27/2021 at 7:11 PM, CAHokie said:

Sadly, I strongly suspect there are posters who do all they can to be on the leaderboard. So much so, that they check it numerous times a day to see their progress and try to post things that elicit likes.

Others are on the leaderboard the natural way. They post things that people enjoy.

Elecit selatious even! Mods notified how dare they! :sumo:

Woo doggy, I just cant hear tale of that no more bless my heart!

I mean I've heard it all with feelings hurt that's all it ever is, don't that get old every now and then?

Live and let live, it's not like I'm on someones payroll.

Man if I thought half of these comments were about me I'd fell like y'all got the short end of the stick!

On 10/27/2021 at 7:11 PM, CAHokie said:

Sadly, I strongly suspect there are posters who do all they can to be on the leaderboard. So much so, that they check it numerous times a day to see their progress and try to post things that elicit likes.

Others are on the leaderboard the natural way. They post things that people enjoy.

One of them allegedly just quit the boards, I guess there goes that spot on the leaderboard.

On 10/27/2021 at 8:05 PM, Bird said:

re: leaderboard / registry...stop looking for external validation man! 

now let me go look at this leaderboard, where's my name?

What's worse? Let me stalk you to see if your secretly looking at the leaderboards? 

Omg :whatthe: sometimes this board be creepy

On 10/27/2021 at 6:05 PM, Bird said:

re: leaderboard / registry...stop looking for external validation man! 

now let me go look at this leaderboard, where's my name?

Next to mine on the posts most ignored and under-appreciated. 

General philosophy question:  If one quits the boards then checks it every hour, did they really quit?

On 10/27/2021 at 6:09 PM, CAHokie said:

General philosophy question:  If one quits the boards then checks it every hour, did they really quit?

nope.

On 10/27/2021 at 8:09 PM, CAHokie said:

Yeah, I guess 'I'm done with that place" doesn't mean what I think it does lol

On 10/27/2021 at 8:09 PM, CAHokie said:

But seriously that's more appropriate. You not getting the likes you deserve. I've given out almost triple the reactions I've ever got. I post sincerely but am mindful of how those posts are perceived. 

So I dont mind your posts, and I do look at the leaderboard, though, I do believe its possible to participate without being suspicious.

I do it obviously. I dont regret cause I mean what i post. I dont think your really saying I'm eliciting likes for nefarious reasons, but is it?

I mean I'm one of the people you describe, but what you fail to say is your opinion on the matter lol

Hopefully that's not to pass it off as "let people decide" but there are people like @FoggyNelson and recently @Namtak that are equally excited about the hobby as am I.  Started out that way and see no harm in continuing. But if it reflects badly, why should I like others posts of books?

On 10/27/2021 at 6:17 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

But seriously that's more appropriate. You not getting the likes you deserve. I've given out almost triple the reactions I've ever got. I post sincerely but am mindful of how those posts are perceived. 

So I dont mind your posts, and I do look at the leaderboard, though, I do believe its possible to participate without being suspicious.

I do it obviously. I dont regret cause I mean what i post. I dont think your really saying I'm eliciting likes for nefarious reasons, but is it?

I mean I'm one of the people you describe, but what you fail to say is your opinion on the matter lol

Hopefully that's not to pass it off as "let people decide" but there are people like @FoggyNelson and recently @Namtak that are equally excited about the hobby as am I.  Started out that way and see no harm in continuing. But if it reflects badly, why should I like others posts of books?

You never entered my mind for a second. I don’t think we have ever actually spoke/posted together before. You seem like a cool guy though. Looking forward to seeing your posts in the future!

On 10/28/2021 at 2:16 AM, Logan510 said:

Yeah, I guess 'I'm done with that place" doesn't mean what I think it does lol

Yeah, just so much BS.

That person was here today making at least one 'like' I saw.

He/she will be back when the craving for attention starts to bite. :preach: 

On 10/27/2021 at 8:20 PM, CAHokie said:

You never entered my mind for a second. I don’t think we have ever actually spoke/posted together before. You seem like a cool guy though. Looking forward to seeing your posts in the future!

Ok cool! Cause for a minute there really...

I was like wait what did I do? :news:

:roflmao:

I mean I've had tumultuous times in days past that I still remember what it's like to be at odds on the boards, so I honestly feel there are people that aren't going to get along. Some justified, but in the end we're all here to talk about comics.

So I wanted to make sure I hadn't made enemies on accident. I can be self conscious to a detriment.

If all I needed to say was that there are boardies who make me laugh! I won't feel bad for giving reactions! Then good.

With all the talk of somewhere thinly veiled contempt.... I guess I just got off on the wrong foot so to speak  :shy:

On 10/27/2021 at 4:52 PM, ttfitz said:

One thing I have found interesting in this thread are the people who have posted and consider themselves lurkers (not referring to kav's joke) who have been here less time than I have and have more posts than I have, but I wouldn't in a million years consider myself a lurker.

On 10/27/2021 at 7:03 PM, Galen130 said:

I have come to the conclusion that after my participation in this thread, I am no longer a lurker.  

image.png.4909562837610ff237dce157b829e1e5.png

See there? lol

On 10/27/2021 at 9:29 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I mean I've had tumultuous times in days past that I still remember what it's like to be at odds on the boards, so I honestly feel there are people that aren't going to get along. Some justified, but in the end we're all here to talk about comics.

So I wanted to make sure I hadn't made enemies on accident. I can be self conscious to a detriment.

If all I needed to say was that there are boardies who make me laugh! I won't feel bad for giving reactions! Then good.

With all the talk of somewhere thinly veiled contempt.... I guess I just got off on the wrong foot so to speak  :shy:

I'm surprised you have had a hard time here, you always seem good natured to me. Then again I don't really pay attention to drama or the touchy threads in the WC, just rock and movies there for me!!!

I hope you aren't referencing my post with the contempt remark...I just never understood the registry and the leaderboard is an odd thing to me as well (great marketing though, I do see that much). But contempt? I hope people here aren't feeling anything like contempt for our fellow man! 

In all the hubbub of this thread it occurred to me that I have only met a few, maybe only 2, boardies in the real world. I mean, I know people who are also here occasionally, but I know them from other places first. But meeting someone because the are from here? 2 I can think of. CAK, who I went to see at a show or two do to him being here. And jsilverjanet, who sold me a Baltimore pass and we spoke for about 4 seconds. So yeah, I don't lurk here but just try to find me in real life! (Apologies to anyone I may have forgotten at this moment.) 

Oh! I met spidervacc a few times, he worked near where I live and I would drop off things he bought in my sales thread; he seemed to be a nice guy but isn't around here much anymore I don't think.

Okay, sorry, obviously have met unstoppablejay as well. even talked about seeing Dolphins crush the Jets but then covid hit.

Okay, it seems I get out and about regularly with y'all! In the words of Emily Littela, "Nevermind!"