• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Lurkers! Yes you! Why don’t you post more?
15 15

972 posts in this topic

On 10/27/2021 at 4:55 PM, VintageComics said:

In the case of this thread, I'm doing it just for fun but I'd personally prefer it was gone....but that will never happen.

The 'like' feature is useful. Ok people play their games with it in a passive aggressive way, but to some extent it does cut down on verbal conflict.

Also if you appreciate a post, you can just 'like' it to show your appreciation, and it stops threads being clogged up with unnecessary back slapping IMO.

2c 

On 10/26/2021 at 7:55 AM, thesink said:

I can tell you why I "lurk" without posting. Every thread turns into inside or private jokes. To post something you either have to be in before the rest of the group or risk "derailing" their conversation. This is what happens to forums when they've been around a long time and there is probably nothing you can do. 

I just started diving in blindly like I knew what the heck they were talking about...if nothing else it breaks up the flow of posts (with at least a "you've chosen to ignore content by").  Come to think of it, maybe it's a good thing lurkers don't always post!

On 10/27/2021 at 12:16 PM, ttfitz said:

I don't think it means what you think it means - classic inigo - quickmeme

(just in case nobody else posted it)

do it mean sneaks around posting a lot?

On 10/26/2021 at 10:28 PM, skypinkblu said:

I have to really work at remembering names, so I have always tried to do that. Bird just said it made him uncomfortable, that never occured to me, I was trying to make other people feel comfortable. 

Yeah, it didn't really occur to me either. I guess maybe because I am basically posting under my real name, sorta kinda. Plus there are way too many Tim's (and Andrew's apparently) around here for that.

On 10/27/2021 at 12:21 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

The 'like' feature is useful. Ok people play their games with it in a passive aggressive way, but to some extent it does cut down on verbal conflict.

Also if you appreciate a post, you can just 'like' it to show your appreciation, and it stops threads being clogged up with unnecessary back slapping IMO.

2c 

On 10/27/2021 at 9:24 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 10/26/2021 at 5:09 PM, Galen130 said:

...or is it goat?

You rang?

I got a warning point one time for jokingly posting a LMGTFY link after wilbil was confused about my reference to you as Goat.

On 10/26/2021 at 2:28 PM, jsilverjanet said:

let's try and keep this a thread on track (see above). I don't want to notify moderation but will if I have to keep this thread from being hijaked or derailed. There are countless other threads for that type of posting, please refrain from doing it here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I'm going to a concert next week. Don't know which or where but this seems like a good place to make my intentions known.

Edited by shadroch

On 10/27/2021 at 3:18 PM, kav said:

do it mean sneaks around posting a lot?

Given how shocked I am when I have time to refresh a page and I haven't gotten a "kav has responded to your post" notification, maybe it's the definition of "long time" that you have a problem with. :baiting: