• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is CGC trying to lose their dealers as well?
11 11

466 posts in this topic

On 1/11/2022 at 12:53 PM, ThatNerdyCanuck said:

Dealers are just going to pass the $200 costs down to its customers anyway, so I don't know what they're complaining about

I don't submit any books for my customers so who am I passing the cost down to?

Comes out of my pocket.

On 1/10/2022 at 7:52 PM, Red84 said:

It is an incredibly short sighted and stupid decision. 

There are less than 200 CGC authorized dealers.

How many submissions, customers, and future customers do dealers bring in through their submissions, customers' submissions, and free advertising of CGC's services to their customers.

Is $200 per dealer worth losing that goodwill? Clearly not. Pretty hilariously bad decision making.

I do not know how many ACTIVE, routinely submitting dealer accounts there are, but there are far, FAR more than 200 authorized dealers.  I have several dealers as clients - they submit using their own account - and the highest dealer number is near 2000. And this is not a "new" dealer. Owns several stores and has for years. 

On 1/11/2022 at 1:09 PM, Tony S said:

I do not know how many ACTIVE, routinely submitting dealer accounts there are, but there are far, FAR more than 200 authorized dealers.  I have several dealers as clients - they submit using their own account - and the highest dealer number is near 2000. And this is not a "new" dealer. Owns several stores and has for years. 

This fee goes across all the grading companies,  card, coin, comics.  So yes 200 is a very low number.

On 1/11/2022 at 11:09 AM, Tony S said:

I bet this trims that number quite a bit. I wonder how many collectors managed to open up dealer accounts. 

On 1/11/2022 at 10:14 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

BlackStone should implement a CGC Boardie fee for posting non-sensical posts.

If they charged .99c each post they would generate more income than all the 2022 modern CGC submissions combined. 

Heck just from my drunk posts they would get me for a couple hundred bucks per year. 

:cry: