• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is CGC trying to lose their dealers as well?
11 11

466 posts in this topic

On 1/11/2022 at 12:53 PM, ThatNerdyCanuck said:

Dealers are just going to pass the $200 costs down to its customers anyway, so I don't know what they're complaining about

How would we do that? Charge an extra $0.03 per book submitted under our account?

On 1/11/2022 at 1:22 PM, joeypost said:

How would we do that? Charge an extra $0.03 per book submitted under our account?

It's called a handling/processing fee :gossip:

CGC already charges this.

Edited by sckao
Bob's faster on the trigger...

On 1/10/2022 at 9:38 PM, Beige said:

Steve Borock must be grinning from ear to ear.

CBCS will be market leader in 18 months.

What incentive is there to stay with CGC - quality control, 12 month waits, endless 'special sig signings' that very few people care about jumping the queue - and stupid stunts with empty cases.

How to lose customers and trash your business 101

I very seriously doubt they are going to be the industry leaders. They, too, have their own problems. The first and foremost is that their slabs either dont bring the same rate of return as a CGC book or they take much longer to turn over. Either way costs me money. Hence why I do not submit with them and why I do not like to take their books in on trade. When I do I do not pay as strongly for them.

So if I am that way, other dealers are that way, and obviously customers are that way...then how will CBCS become the industry leader?

You may be right and that might happen. I am just skeptical with market forces the way they currently are.

On 1/11/2022 at 8:29 AM, Artboy99 said:

I agree with this, but I can also say CGC is doing the same. Books they would have graded as 4.5 several years ago are now "suddenly" 5.5's. They changed how they grade books and it is obvious to me.

It's tough to keep the same standards when so many other things have changed...

On 1/11/2022 at 1:34 PM, arexcrooke said:

I very seriously doubt they are going to be the industry leaders. They, too, have their own problems. The first and foremost is that their slabs either dont bring the same rate of return as a CGC book or they take much longer to turn over. Either way costs me money. Hence why I do not submit with them and why I do not like to take their books in on trade. When I do I do not pay as strongly for them.

So if I am that way, other dealers are that way, and obviously customers are that way...then how will CBCS become the industry leader?

You may be right and that might happen. I am just skeptical with market forces the way they currently are.

Until GPA starts including NON-CGC sales for its data or one of its competitors supplants it as the premiere source for pricing slabs, valuation will continue to be an issue.

Edited by sckao

On 1/11/2022 at 4:56 PM, Buzzetta said:

No company is too big to fail.  

CGC is not even what I would consider a big company. 

True, but in this market it is the biggest company with all of the positives and negatives that are associated with being "The Industry Leader"

So unless something happens that corrects the current market CGC will continue to be "The Industry Leader" 

On 1/11/2022 at 1:22 PM, joeypost said:

if you've ever bought tickets online to anything, a concert, a comic con, a comedy show, you may recall that at the verrrry end of the checkout process, right after you enter your payment info, is the little line item before the total called SERVICE FEE. 

On 1/11/2022 at 5:17 PM, alexgross.com said:

if you've ever bought tickets online to anything, a concert, a comic con, a comedy show, you may recall that at the verrrry end of the checkout process, right after you enter your payment info, is the little line item before the total called SERVICE FEE. 

Oh, you mean the BIC.  We all love acronyms.  Here is the new one

Because I Can fee