• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Multiple Copies of a Book
11 11

304 posts in this topic

On 12/25/2022 at 9:26 PM, southern cross said:

Screenshot_20221225-202324.thumb.png.278141ada1119948c181b733ffd06264.png

I got up to 5 then traded 3 copies, a vg+ , vg and vg- for a Marvel spotlight 2 in vg/f. I'm not the best at trading but thems the breaks.

Marvel Spotlight 2 is awesome.

As a Moon Knight completionist(I'm so goddamn close), I am hunting anything and everything related to the character.  I used to keep EVERY copy I could of EVERY book he was involved with but that became staggering.  I now am variant hunting so I will have multiple copies of the same book but they'll be price variants, foreign editions, double covers, newsstand copies, artist variants and so forth.  So I guess I'm not keeping true multiple copies anymore.

Except Werewolf By Night #32.  I keep every copy of that thing I come across.

I only have more than one copy of a single book--Hulk 340, for which I have a single duplicate copy, of lower grade, displayed on the wall.  I have too much OCD to have multiple copies, especially if different quantities.  Would end up having to get two of everything, or three of everything, etc.  Better to keep it simple and just have one of all.

On 2/27/2023 at 10:05 AM, Poekaymon said:

I only have more than one copy of a single book--Hulk 340, for which I have a single duplicate copy, of lower grade, displayed on the wall.  I have too much OCD to have multiple copies, especially if different quantities.  Would end up having to get two of everything, or three of everything, etc.  Better to keep it simple and just have one of all.

I'll let you know that for me multiples allow for under copies to sell.  Simply put it's insurance. The peace to sell patiently and only as needed is a luxury. It's not perfect, and yet patience is sometimes a hope too.

On 2/4/2023 at 1:59 PM, mrlatko said:

IMG_20150401_155844.jpg

What a sweet stack. Years ago, some guy was walking around with a stack of cgc'd House of Secrets 92 ranging from about 7 to I think 9.6 and they were all for like a few hundred total. I passed... Man, the regrets. 

Edited by bronze_rules

On 3/6/2023 at 9:31 PM, bronze_rules said:

What a sweet stack. Years ago, some guy was walking around with a stack of cgc'd House of Secrets 92 ranging from about 7 to I think 9.6 and they were all for like a few hundred total. I passed... Man, the regrets. 

That’s cheap even back years ago