• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage April Auction
6 6

534 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2022 at 8:20 PM, Ted_L said:

The X-men #106 cover image is really weak compared with most other Cockrum X-Men covers, so I'm not too surprised.  I'm a huge Cockrum fan and this really didn't appeal to me.  This was also hurt by the bad yellowing and the fact that this was the cover to a crappy fill-in issue that fell outside of the Chris Claremont continuity.  I think we'll see another strong result if a better Cockrum cover comes to auction soon -- I'm sure #104 would do great for example.

Agree on this 100%

The 1992 hand painted WB publicity cell promoting Batman the animated series sold for $156,000 with the juice.

It predates anything we see featuring Harley by a full year. I had guessed around $35k, just blows my mind.

The ASM 50 page went strong. That What If 1 cover... it was available recently at 1/3 the price wtf??? Talk about paying a premium.

Did it seem like the auctioneer was slow to get to final call on the Frazetta T Rex painting? 

On 4/7/2022 at 2:08 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Not disappointed at all.  And I agree its an insane price, but then again, I am not a fan of Kirby art so I am biased

How can you not be?  While he's doesn't have Keown pretty art style...His page designs and storytelling are far superior than that of Keown 

On 4/7/2022 at 4:00 PM, grapeape said:

The 1992 hand painted WB publicity cell promoting Batman the animated series sold for $156,000 with the juice.

It predates anything we see featuring Harley by a full year. I had guessed around $35k, just blows my mind.

The ASM 50 page went strong. That What If 1 cover... it was available recently at 1/3 the price wtf??? Talk about paying a premium.

Did it seem like the auctioneer was slow to get to final call on the Frazetta T Rex painting? 

Well, the auctioneer didn’t “Bang a Gong”

On 4/7/2022 at 2:23 PM, Grendel72 said:

Was the soft price for the x-men 106 cover due to.the extensive toning ? 

I think, as someone noted, not a memorable issue as being a factor. I've read the early Cockrum/Byrne issues several times and that's one of the few issues I can't recall the contents,even by looking at the cover.

Edited by Hekla

On 4/7/2022 at 9:11 PM, G.A.tor said:

I put in a late bid on the romita treasury cover just for the surfer inclusion but just couldn’t justify going higher to win it. Blah 

Gotta mannup, brah.

On 4/7/2022 at 2:19 PM, delekkerste said:

Wow, $180K. Beautiful DPS for sure, but, I didn't think a Magneto/Rogue/Ka-zar//Zabu DPS was going to get to that kind of price. 

I was chatting with a friend of mine who specifically collects Rogue art.. and he said to me there is a total of 20 pages of Jim Lee drawing "savage land rogue" ... SO that dps represents ten percent of the art that exists of a very famous version of Rogue.