• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage April Auction
6 6

534 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2022 at 3:24 PM, Dayzen said:

It looks like Jim Lee Hush pages have escalated! Two of the three pages went for 50k and 66k. The other for almost $20k. 

Sigh...every time I see the hammer price on Jim Lee Hush pages, I'm just reminded that I need to put more money away for them.  I'm starting to think a cover is impossible at this point.

On 4/8/2022 at 5:23 PM, GreatEscape said:

X-Men #271 Jim Lee & Scott Williams 1/2 splash with Wolverine and Psylocke, outstanding composition….$360k (with BP)  :whatthe:

Absolutely stunning price.   Never would have imagined it would go that high.  Another stunner IMO is the Hannigan Defenders 47 cover for $60,000.  Actually I could post all day with pieces that went for much more than expected.  

On 4/8/2022 at 4:56 PM, batman_fan said:

One pick-up for me.  I have been wanting a Sprang piece for quite a while and I love Detective 153 cover.

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 5.40.57 PM.png

Love Sprang's art, he has done some great cover recreations. I have examples of his Batman, Robin, Joker and Catwoman. Still looking for ones of the rest of the rogues gallery especially Two-Face

On 4/8/2022 at 7:37 PM, Brian Peck said:

Love Sprang's art, he has done some great cover recreations. I have examples of his Batman, Robin, Joker and Catwoman. Still looking for ones of the rest of the rogues gallery especially Two-Face

Good luck!  They all seem to be very brilliant colors except the 1st Batcave one.

On 4/8/2022 at 6:39 PM, batman_fan said:

Good luck!  They all seem to be very brilliant colors except the 1st Batcave one.

Few years ago I went after a couple of the Batcave pieces but was the under bidder. $21K now seems like a bargain in this market.

On 4/8/2022 at 7:47 PM, Brian Peck said:

Few years ago I went after a couple of the Batcave pieces but was the under bidder. $21K now seems like a bargain in this market.

Fact check: True.  I will just be content with the prints

On 4/7/2022 at 9:11 PM, G.A.tor said:

I put in a late bid on the romita treasury cover just for the surfer inclusion but just couldn’t justify going higher to win it. Blah 

Some fairly boring Romita stuff did well

John Romita Sr. [Gil Kane pencils lightboxed] Marvel Treasury Edition #9 Giant Superhero Team-Up Cover... $63k

John Romita Jr. and Al Milgrom Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends #1 Cover Original Art (Marvel, 1981)... $168k????

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/john-romita-jr-and-al-milgrom-spider-man-and-his-amazing-friends-1-cover-original-art-marvel-1981-/a/7270-94163.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515