• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS spooky & mystical spoiler thread
4 4

386 posts in this topic

On 5/8/2022 at 2:24 PM, Bosco685 said:

He asked how I can judge something concerning a film that had video leaks of the actual variant character murder and details about the --script on Reddit. The most import part of his question that ignored these facts.

So if all those details have come out and all this spoiler thread did was to confirm them, was it the spoilers thread by itself? Of course not. It was the total information flow of movie details.

I can see both sides of your guy's 'argument' (I'm loathe to call it that), I get it- I'm also disinterested in making Scarlet Witch a villain but I also think there's context within the film, or hoping there is, and subtle things that might make it less cut & dry like that.

On 5/8/2022 at 2:28 PM, Bird said:

After he PM'ed me his lunacy I put him on ignore, so I'll take my own advice and not comment on things I am not going to see or read. Even if I see some in spoilers. :devil:

What? Come on. It's only $16 out of your pocket. Don't you care?

:roflmao:

That's the most concerning part of this ignorance coming from Birdy. All these details came out and all the spoiler thread did was confirm it. But someone that went nuts over the Doctor Strange film to the point they saw the 2-D and 3-D version of the same film should now blindly rush into what sounds like a deviation that doesn't feel fitting the character story.

But yet. Lunacy. At least I have all my 4K MCU films to enjoy that I do appreciate. You know - because I'm not that vested in the Marvel Studios overall story.

01_MCu24.thumb.PNG.9779b3eb48f5e2be9b947384170277ef.PNG

On 5/8/2022 at 2:33 PM, wisbyron said:

I can see both sides of your guy's 'argument' (I'm loathe to call it that), I get it- I'm also disinterested in making Scarlet Witch a villain but I also think there's context within the film, or hoping there is, and subtle things that might make it less cut & dry like that.

I won't be surprised if something comes out on Disney Plus to continue the non-variant Wanda story. Elizabeth Olsen already said she would like to continue the character's story. That in itself may lead to something more fitting what came from the previous content.

On 5/8/2022 at 2:34 PM, Bosco685 said:

That's the most concerning part of this ignorance coming from Birdy. All these details came out and all the spoiler thread did was confirm it. But someone that went nuts over the Doctor Strange film to the point they saw the 2-D and 3-D version of the same film should now blindly rush into what sounds like a deviation that doesn't feel fitting the character story.

But yet. Lunacy. At least I have all my 4K MCU films to enjoy that I do appreciate. You know - because I'm not that vested in the Marvel Studios overall story.

This is interesting.

The first 8 movies were semi-turds.

Winter Soldier & GotG redeem the franchise.

The last 14 are all semi-turds except for Civil War, Ragnarok, the 3 Spideys, & Infinity War.

Black Widow is missing & should stay that way.  

On 5/8/2022 at 2:42 PM, TupennyConan said:

This is interesting.

The last 14 are all semi-turds except for Civil War, Ragnarok, the 3 Spideys, & Infinity War.

Hater!

:baiting:

Avengers (2012) I saw at the theater three times. I really enjoyed that film (still do). And with Winter Soldier and GotG Vol. 1 for me these are still in the Top 10 with my list. And the former is still my #1 best ever MCU film.

On 5/8/2022 at 2:34 PM, Bosco685 said:

Where is Eternals?  Certainly you bought that masterpiece of film?

On 5/8/2022 at 2:46 PM, Bosco685 said:

Hater!

:baiting:

Avengers (2012) I saw at the theater three times. I really enjoyed that film (still do). And with Winter Soldier and GotG Vol. 1 for me these are still in the Top 10 with my list. And the former is still my #1 best ever MCU film.

I enjoyed Avengers (2012) except for one thing.  Captain America's uniform s.u.c.k.e.d.

On 5/8/2022 at 4:43 PM, media_junkie said:

Where is Eternals?  Certainly you bought that masterpiece of film?

The only way that is happening is if someone tells me a movie I am needing must come with Eternals being claimed. I sleep well enough already.

On 5/8/2022 at 4:33 PM, Bosco685 said:

The only way that is happening is if someone tells me a movie I am needing must come with Eternals being claimed. I sleep well enough already.

You really want a good night's sleep, put The Eternals and Star Trek: the Motion Picture on a playlist.

On 5/7/2022 at 11:18 PM, bronze_rules said:

My thinking is on a technical level, if Black Bolt's body can absorb the sound waves he emits in close proximity, he must have some kind of built in protection that could withstand a nuclear bomb. Fail for me on that.

That's a good point.

The worst thing that this movie did was make Wong, the Sorcerer Supreme, a complete and utter imbecile.

The Scarlet Witch has the power to enslave and/or destroy the entire multiverse, and this imbecile leads her directly to the original Darkhold inscriptions.

Wong is the Sorcerer Supreme, and his duty is to protect the universe from these threats. They assassinated his character and I cannot forgive the writer for doing this.

On 5/8/2022 at 1:00 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Ah man, I thought WandaVision was a really good show, and I really enjoyed Loki too. Hawkeye was pretty fun too. You should consider giving them a watch if you're able.

They all go on for too long and then try to play catch-up in the finale. Makes for really boring stuff if you're used to watching TV shows that don't have pacing and writing issues.

Loki is the only possible exception. Knowing that there will be a Season 2 likely made writing 6 episodes easier.

On 5/8/2022 at 2:42 PM, TupennyConan said:

This is interesting.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Civil War is a semi-turd.

Anyone know what that thing was at the beginning of the film chasing America that killed Defender Strange?  I assume it's some Strange villain from the comics that's a deeper cut than Shuma-Gorath.  I'm not all that familiar with Strange and only know Shuma-Gorath from the Capcom games.

On 5/9/2022 at 9:27 AM, fantastic_four said:

Anyone know what that thing was at the beginning of the film chasing America that killed Defender Strange?  I assume it's some Strange villain from the comics that's a deeper cut than Shuma-Gorath.  I'm not all that familiar with Strange and only know Shuma-Gorath from the Capcom games.

the name was changed to gargantos (another monster who comes a bit later in the comics) but it seems to essentially be shuma gorath and was rumored to be so early on. Shuma Gorath is a Robert E Howard property I believe, so just change the name and avoid the issues I guess.