• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Economy Tier Turnaround Rates
11 11

824 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2022 at 10:08 AM, Nic8612 said:

This is a MAJOR problem that is obviously being downplayed. Submissions without pressing are taking so long that they're dropping out of our tracking queues. There is absolutely no reason that should be happening. You guys should at least offer us the option to pay to upgrade to fast track if we have submissions stuck in Economy Hell. You have a lot of old, very faithful customers that are quickly losing that faith and starting to worry about their books. Couple this with the recent massive decrease in quality control, removing valuable information from labels, and sudden lack of graders notes being provided.......what value is CGC even providing anymore?

I thought I read on here somewhere that CGC was going to offer customers with economy subs to upgrade to fast track.  Seems like a slap in the face to me.

On 6/13/2022 at 7:18 PM, CGC Mike said:

It is my understanding that we are now grading economy submissions.

Now?  As in for the longest they just weren't being graded?  Maybe under the wishful tat times that should be added.  

Economy (Pre - 1975) $400  $35 Fast Track: +$15  220 days Fast Track: 23 days
(we are currently not grading Economy submissions) or (we are currently grading Economy submissions)

This would explain why i have one that's been there a year.  

• Administrator
On 6/15/2022 at 10:48 AM, sd2416 said:
On 6/13/2022 at 8:18 PM, CGC Mike said:

It is my understanding that we are now grading economy submissions.

Now?  As in for the longest they just weren't being graded?  Maybe under the wishful tat times that should be added.  

Economy (Pre - 1975) $400  $35 Fast Track: +$15  220 days Fast Track: 23 days
(we are currently not grading Economy submissions) or (we are currently grading Economy submissions)

This would explain why i have one that's been there a year.  

It was a poor choice of words.  I went back and checked.  On June 6th I received a note saying:  "we’re starting a push on that this week."  Anyhow, I will refrain from posting in any of the turnaround threads in the future.  The TAT's are listed on our website.  

On 6/15/2022 at 12:34 PM, CGC Mike said:

It was a poor choice of words.  I went back and checked.  On June 6th I received a note saying:  "we’re starting a push on that this week."  Anyhow, I will refrain from posting in any of the turnaround threads in the future.  The TAT's are listed on our website.  

TATs are completely wrong so what value does that have? I'm at 231 business days so 11 days over the stated TAT and still SFG. According to customer service when my LCS called about 10 days ago, it would be 6-8 more weeks so 260 days if I'm lucky. I'm not alone in this and there are others in this thread that are waiting even longer. Clearly Economy is an issue so hopefully this can be rectified soon. Not trying to put you on the spot @CGC Mike but I think it's important from customer service standpoint to have CGC provide some "real" updates. Essentially I/we are being told to suck it up buttercup, we'll get to you when we get to you.

On 6/15/2022 at 9:47 AM, universal soldier said:

TATs are completely wrong so what value does that have? I'm at 231 business days so 11 days over the stated TAT and still SFG. According to customer service when my LCS called about 10 days ago, it would be 6-8 more weeks so 260 days if I'm lucky. I'm not alone in this and there are others in this thread that are waiting even longer. Clearly Economy is an issue so hopefully this can be rectified soon. Not trying to put you on the spot @CGC Mike but I think it's important from customer service standpoint to have CGC provide some "real" updates. Essentially I/we are being told to suck it up buttercup, we'll get to you when we get to you.

I think you should make bumper stickers / t-shirts .... "Suck it up buttercup!". 

On 6/15/2022 at 12:34 PM, CGC Mike said:

Seems more like a Freudian Slip.

Did I miss the part where you guys made a new TAT page that's actually accurate?

On June 6th I received a note saying:  "we’re starting a push on that this week."

Can you be more specific on what this means?

- They're starting to grade Economy submissions? (this would mean that they stopped)

- They're grading them faster? (probably not good)

- They're pulling graders from one tier to help with Economy? (Not sure if this is good or bad. If this is true, though, it probably should've been done months earlier.)

- They've added brand new graders. (Hmmm, we'll see how this one works out.)

Marked "Received": June 21, 2021.

Marked "Shipped": June 15, 2022 for 1 of my three submissions lines. One of them is marked as "Grading/Encapsulating" while the other still says "Line item detail is not yet available". Will I hit 1-year? Who's excited?

On 6/14/2022 at 10:18 AM, Gaard said:

I'm a pretty small fish, but I can't believe I'm the smallest. Nor can I believe that I'm alone in my thinking. I've been submitting for close to a decade...dozens and dozens of submissions.

I started collecting when I was a wee lad, way back in the mid 70s. But after 10 years or so of collecting, I had to get out of it. College, marriage, kids, etc,. The bottom line is simply that I couldn't afford it anymore. Then, the divorce happened and even with child support, I found myself with lots of disposable income . I decided to get back into collecting. Doing some reading, I kept hearing about this 'slabbing'. I wondered what this was all about and decided to send in a submission. It was a VALUE sub (I still had all my comics from the 70s) and even though it didn't result in as much profit as I was hoping for, it was fun. Remember that word...fun.

I submitted for years. Living by myself, I needed a hobby, something to occupy my time, and this was mine. Don't get me wrong, it's feels pretty good to get hundreds of dollars for a comic that you paid a quarter for, but that wasn't why I did it. I did it because I enjoyed doing it. It was fun.

It's not fun anymore.

With all the *stuff* going on (that's been increasing, not decreasing), I made the decision months ago not to submit anymore books to have CGC grade them. Just too stressful. I decided to look elsewhere. Like I said in the beginning of my post, I can't believe I'm alone in my thinking, and I hope CGC realizes this. My hope is that (like the title of that moderation thread) CGC turns over a new leaf.  I totally understand that my stress tolerance is not the same as others, but personally, I've reached that line.

So, as @Nic8612said, I've lost faith. And CGC has lost my business. Possibly I'll start submitting again someday, but right now I don't need the stress in my life.

I totally agreed with you.  They have dropped many many many mannnnnnnnnnny balls upon us and have ran out of our fun time.  As far as I remembered, CGC was at peak in 2012 and I had fun with CGC staffs. The company is not same anymore as I used to remember.

giphy.gif.9168ca3e01ae3cbe6212c4d1e00e0fde.gif

On 6/15/2022 at 4:59 PM, DAL1283 said:

Marked "Received": June 21, 2021.

Marked "Shipped": June 15, 2022 for 1 of my three submissions lines. One of them is marked as "Grading/Encapsulating" while the other still says "Line item detail is not yet available". Will I hit 1-year? Who's excited?

Actually it would be more than that. If the box was opened on 6/21, they received it much earlier.

Edited by Gaard

My 2 received 8/10 economy slow subs just moved into graded today (6/15). Hoping they aren’t in the grading room long, but after almost a year of waiting I think I’ll wait alittle longer.

Also, full disclosure. These were shipped with a couple of express books so the box was opened immediately if that matters

And for those wondering, the submission didn’t automatically come back to my submission tracker page. I had to manually enter the submission number.

Edited by lemonman6

On 6/15/2022 at 4:31 PM, lemonman6 said:

And for those wondering, the submission didn’t automatically come back to my submission tracker page. I had to manually enter the submission number.

I guess you didnt have them pressed, me either, and I was pretty sure they wouldnt jump back. Mine haven't completely fallen off yet, but having been received in October 2021, they'll fall off in about a week.

On 6/15/2022 at 5:31 PM, lemonman6 said:

My 2 received 8/10 economy slow subs just moved into graded today (6/15). 

Also, full disclosure. These were shipped with a couple of express books so the box was opened immediately if that matters

Hmmmm..... My 8/11 economy slow subs are still SFG

yeah, maybe the express books helped you out?  :(

On 6/15/2022 at 7:02 PM, gadzukes said:

nah, more likely is that this is just more lies from cgc

until people receive books they can change status online all they want, it don't mean chit to me

On 6/15/2022 at 6:02 PM, gadzukes said:

Mine is a long way to go.  My 8/21 economy slow subs are SFG. I will take it one or two months from today.

Updated: 210 business days excluded legal holidays (294 regular days included the holidays) since August 21st.

Edited by JollyComics

On 6/15/2022 at 5:31 PM, lemonman6 said:

My 2 received 8/10 economy slow subs just moved into graded today (6/15).

My one Economy Tier order was 'Received' on 8/12/21, and still no movements.  Current time CGC hands is 210 Business Days....two weeks left before they blow past the 220 Day TAT.

What do you think the odds are of seeing my submission move before the 4th of July :pullhair: