• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Whatnot Event!
4 4

109 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2022 at 6:56 PM, Buzzetta said:

I find that using your real name lends credibility to the sale in certain groups. 

Unfortunately, I don’t think credibility is a prerequisite or desired trait among the WhatNot crowd. 

So by announcing this CGC is promoting the Whatever app?

Wouldn't one have to download and join the app to watch?

Couldn't CGC do a live stream interview on say YouTube?

Maybe not as YouTube probably don't care to pay CGC.

This is shady as... A theme that has become the norm not the exception lately.

CGC could do the interview on another platform and involve, comic link, comic connect, heritage ect.. Though that would be shady as well..

:sumo:

We already have people broadcasting on Whatnot at cons selling items through the platform instead of the con itself. I admit to have used it as I bought a Frank Cho piece through Comicsketch Art that was being sold during the SDCC. While it worked out for me the piece was only available through the Whatnot platform. If I had paid to be at the show and watched the only sketches being auctioned in front of me (they do it at the table) I would be frustrated.

On 8/16/2022 at 3:57 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Unfortunately, I don’t think credibility is a prerequisite or desired trait among the WhatNot crowd. 

There is a role for credibility.  This may be a financial fraud analyst instead of a comic book or collectible fraud analyst.

image.thumb.png.1d603f6cafa10b013beebd6e3d4f243f.png

On 8/16/2022 at 6:49 PM, Buzzetta said:

Maybe it depends on the collectable.  I was watching a review on a certain item and the content maker said that he was going to take the previous editions of what he had and sell them on Whatnot.  I did not think anything of it really until we started discussing it on the boards.  Now that I think of it though, why would someone do that incurring fees when you can get a better price on the Facebook groups?

To keep his whatnot account he has to consistently sell. 

Whatnot favors bigger sellers. Pays them to do so, etc. 

On 8/16/2022 at 4:14 PM, s-man said:

Think I'll skip this one...still waiting for a whatchamacallit event  :juggle:

Cancelled.  But there’s a thingamajigerdodad event in the works.  Special guest star will be the Invisible Man with his invisible slab collection. :pullhair:

On 8/16/2022 at 8:02 PM, Sigur Ros said:

To keep his whatnot account he has to consistently sell. 

Whatnot favors bigger sellers. Pays them to do so, etc. 

didn’t know that either - good to know thanks 

On 8/16/2022 at 8:07 PM, Galen130 said:

Cancelled.  But there’s a thingamajigerdodad event in the works.  Special guest star will be the Invisible Man with his invisible slab collection. :pullhair:

That was renamed to whozeewhatzit :yeehaw:

AF15 is a bullet-proof investment. Sure it’s cooling now but that was expected. Spider-Man is very popular because of the movies. He’s the KING of all comic books. Always has been, even before 1962

if you haven’t got a copy of this MEGA KEY, you missed out and will never get one. 

Edited by NoMan

I tried to register and was approved to see but the onboarding was ridiculous I ended up having to pass.

Once you are approved you then have to do an onboarding video training or something. 

Then its fact its a live stream all the time I could not workout a sell time.

Id rather sell on a stationary platform like the forums or ebay

This event sounds like a lot of fun. Being an older fellow I am not generally looking at ways to add more social media in my life, but I may create an account to join in if I have time. I heard of Whatnot before but never tried it.